Matt Patricia taking over???

DBW

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The Bills are a playoff team that changed their Offensive Coordinator in November. 

That shipped has long sailed, we'll continue to have to watch Johnson run the offense into the ground until he gets shitcanned or takes a job with another team. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Birdman said:

That shipped has long sailed, we'll continue to have to watch Johnson run the offense into the ground until he gets shitcanned or takes a job with another team. 

The point is that changing coordinator (Desai) in season can work. Other teams do it. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Birdman said:

I can't blame the whole offensive struggles on BJ. Yes we should run more, but we also shouldn't be fumbling, dropping passes, throwing interceptions and not seeing wide open WRs. Last game was absolutely a pathetic display by the players. 2 fumbles in the red zone, at least 2 huge drops, 1 fumble on the 30. It was poop show all around.

But the D has been trash all year aside the Miami game and 2nd half of the Rams game. Absolutely Swiss cheese. Stats prove it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

I can't blame the whole offensive struggles on BJ. Yes we should run more, but we also shouldn't be fumbling, dropping passes, throwing interceptions and not seeing wide open WRs. Last game was absolutely a pathetic display by the players. 2 fumbles in the red zone, at least 2 huge drops, 1 fumble on the 30. It was poop show all around.

But the D has been trash all year aside the Miami game and 2nd half of the Rams game. Absolutely Swiss cheese. Stats prove it. 

True 

Most of it falls on Nicks' play design, obsession with explosives and playing situational football 

I still believe this is a very good team being held back by mediocre coaching 

Never been a fan of Sirianni, unless they bring some veteran coaches in next year he'll be on borrowed time 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Birdman said:

True 

Most of it falls on Nicks' play design, obsession with explosives and playing situational football 

I still believe this is a very good team being held back by mediocre coaching 

Never been a fan of Sirianni, unless they bring some veteran coaches in next year he'll be on borrowed time 

Siri is a goofball. Bring in Frank Reich as an OC.... that will help settle Siri down, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's a little tidbit:

Patricia coordinated the Patriots' defense from 2012-17. In that span, New England won two Super Bowls (2014 and 2016), three AFC Championships (2014, 2016 and 2017) and six AFC East titles (2012-17).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Birdman said:

How has that long sailed when they just changed the DC? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Here's a little tidbit:

Patricia coordinated the Patriots' defense from 2012-17. In that span, New England won two Super Bowls (2014 and 2016), three AFC Championships (2014, 2016 and 2017) and six AFC East titles (2012-17).

Pretty much any scheme that Patricia puts in will be better than we had before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

Pretty much any scheme that Patricia puts in will be better than we had before.

Except he’s not really going to change the scheme because you can’t really do that 13 games in to the season. It’s going to be much of the same with a secondary that just isn’t very good.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Except he’s not really going to change the scheme because you can’t really do that 13 games in to the season. It’s going to be much of the same with a secondary that just isn’t very good.

He may not change the scheme but, he can simplify things in the secondary, instead of guys looking lost all the time like they did for desai

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

The point is that changing coordinator (Desai) in season can work. Other teams do it. 

If you're changing it for fat Patricia without Bellichick to walk him through it?

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Here's a little tidbit:

And...they had Tom Brady!  Those stats mean nothing, what were the defensive numbers during that span?

This move has some really bad vibes to it.  Are they "panicking"?  Panic within an organization never ends well.  How much of the defensive issues are really because of Desai?  

Was this Sirianni's call?  Earlier in the week he was asked if any changes were going to be made with the coaching staff, to which he responded with an adamant "no".  Just like how things went down with Pederson's assistants...is this Howie/Lurie injecting themselves into things and driving these types of changes?  It certainly seems that way.  And that is bad business.  That is also why this team will always look for head coaches who come with no sway/power/reputation, etc.  

Coaching staff issues should be handled by the Head Coach.  Let him sink or swim with the decisions he makes.  Once "management" starts micro-managing the coaching assistants, how can that bode well for the players' confidence in the coaches...particularly the HC?

At the end of the day, Patricia may get better results over the next 4 games because we are playing weaker teams overall.  So...beware "fools gold".

This is a little confusing, when I read the articles it says Desai is still the co-ordinator and used to coach from the box when he was with the Bears as their DC in 2021.

Patricia will be on the side line and communicate with the green dot and calling the plays, but are these plays given to him by Desai in the box?

It doesn't sound like a demotion, more a way for him to be more effective at his job. Dan Quinn is in the box for the Cowboys, Fangio coaches from the box, if he feels like he can see the game unfold better and adjust quicker to what the offense is doing it seems like a good move. 

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

And...they had Tom Brady!  Those stats mean nothing, what were the defensive numbers during that span?

Bullsheeet. Defense was a part of that run. What were the defenses numbers during that span? Go look them up, you lazy ****. 🤣

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mat said:

This is a little confusing, when I read the articles it says Desai is still the co-ordinator and used to coach from the box when he was with the Bears as their DC in 2021.

Patricia will be on the side line and communicate with the green dot and calling the plays, but are these plays given to him by Desai in the box?

It doesn't sound like a demotion, more a way for him to be more effective at his job. Dan Quinn is in the box for the Cowboys, Fangio coaches from the box, if he feels like he can see the game unfold better and adjust quicker to what the offense is doing it seems like a good move. 

What’s reported is that Desai is still the DC in name only. He will still be on staff and do something from the box. What exactly? Who knows?  Patricia will call the plays and run the defense. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

What’s reported is that Desai is still the DC in name only. He will still be on staff and do something from the box. What exactly? Who knows?  Patricia will call the plays and run the defense. 

If that is the case, that is a bit of a disaster. They may have been losing the locker room on the defensive side of the ball but I don't know if Patricia is the guy to really rally a locker room either. They will 100% be looking for a new defensive co-ordinator at the end of the season. 

Just now, Mat said:

If that is the case, that is a bit of a disaster. They may have been losing the locker room on the defensive side of the ball but I don't know if Patricia is the guy to really rally a locker room either. They will 100% be looking for a new defensive co-ordinator at the end of the season. 

Probably right. I have expectations in check of course, but I’m curious to see if maybe he can maybe put players in somewhat better position. My lasting impression is his defense in LII. Not encouraging. I don’t expect much but I’m ok that they did this. 

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Probably right. I have expectations in check of course, but I’m curious to see if maybe he can maybe put players in somewhat better position. My lasting impression is his defense in LII. Not encouraging. I don’t expect much but I’m ok that they did this. 

There was the Pats benching Butler after he got into an argument with Patricia, or the entire Lions organisation hating him including Slay when he was there. He is not the guy for getting the players on board. I think Desai was hit and miss, he had some really great adjustments during games and he also let teams get out of the box quick along with some horrible third down play. The front 4 hasn't generated enough pressure, the LB'ers are below average, the slot CB position is a revolving door, Bradberry has been ass and Blankenship is just undersized. Maybe it's more trying to get a spark, not play so vanilla and mask some of these glaring holes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mat said:

I think it’s literally this, but it’s being blown out of proportion by talking heads.

4 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If you're changing it for fat Patricia without Bellichick to walk him through it?

I don't know if this will work or not, just saying other teams have done it and it can work. 

6 minutes ago, MidMoFo said:

I think it’s literally this, but it’s being blown out of proportion by talking heads.

We won't really know until we see the team play this weekend. If he looks completely checked out in the box then they are probably right, but if it looks like he is engaged and like he is communicating with the coaches on the side line than it is going to benefit the team. They will have cameras on him for sure throughout the game 

7 minutes ago, Miami said:

Looking like Drew Lock tonight.  Time to put him on his butt.  Otherwise, DK may go nuclear.

Lock isn't very good, this is a game where they should dominate on the defensive side of the ball if they are to be a threat in the playoffs.