Matt Patricia taking over???

DBW

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Bullsheeet. Defense was a part of that run. What were the defenses numbers during that span? Go look them up, you lazy ****. 🤣

If you're seriously claiming that the Patriots defense isn't almost entirely Bellichick, I don't know what to tell you, you could make anybody with any level of coaches knowledge of the game DC in New England and have them make a decent stab at it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If you're seriously claiming that the Patriots defense isn't almost entirely Bellichick, I don't know what to tell you, you could make anybody with any level of coaches knowledge of the game DC in New England and have them make a decent stab at it.

Isn't his doofus son the one that 'calls plays' at the moment? 

2 hours ago, Mat said:

This is a little confusing, when I read the articles it says Desai is still the co-ordinator and used to coach from the box when he was with the Bears as their DC in 2021.

Patricia will be on the side line and communicate with the green dot and calling the plays, but are these plays given to him by Desai in the box?

It doesn't sound like a demotion, more a way for him to be more effective at his job. Dan Quinn is in the box for the Cowboys, Fangio coaches from the box, if he feels like he can see the game unfold better and adjust quicker to what the offense is doing it seems like a good move. 

I'm in a Facebook Eagles group and someone said local reporters were saying that Desai is still the DC and will be coaching from up top

Lol he also said he had inside info though :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mat said:

Isn't his doofus son the one that 'calls plays' at the moment? 

Yup since Brian Flores left. Jerod Mayo was getting some buzz as potential DC candidate for either the Patriots or somewhere else and then he gets passed over as play caller for Bellichicks kid and that pretty much killed that dead.

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm in a Facebook Eagles group and someone said local reporters were saying that Desai is still the DC and will be coaching from up top

Lol he also said he had inside info though :lol:

You'd think they'd have issued a statement clearing it up by now though, it's a bizarre situation to have develop with no clarification from the team, unless they're content to make it look like they've taken possession of Desai's balls to try and force him to quit.

2 hours ago, Mat said:

This is a little confusing, when I read the articles it says Desai is still the co-ordinator and used to coach from the box when he was with the Bears as their DC in 2021.

Patricia will be on the side line and communicate with the green dot and calling the plays, but are these plays given to him by Desai in the box?

It doesn't sound like a demotion, more a way for him to be more effective at his job. Dan Quinn is in the box for the Cowboys, Fangio coaches from the box, if he feels like he can see the game unfold better and adjust quicker to what the offense is doing it seems like a good move. 

This is the optimistic view. Officially Desai remains DC. I feel like he needs to see the defense from up top in order to correct mistakes. Whatever is happening these last few games, Desai is not seeing it from the field. 

Pessimistically, this is a panic move. The Eagles were fleeced by the 49ers and Cowboys so something had to change. Has Desai had a chance to explain the change from the sidelines to the box? Did he request it, or did the front office force the move? That will be telling. 

4 minutes ago, toolg said:

This is the optimistic view. Officially Desai remains DC. I feel like he needs to see the defense from up top in order to correct mistakes. Whatever is happening these last few games, Desai is not seeing it from the field. 

Pessimistically, this is a panic move. The Eagles were fleeced by the 49ers and Cowboys so something had to change. Has Desai had a chance to explain the change from the sidelines to the box? Did he request it, or did the front office force the move? That will be telling. 

Lol he didn't request to be fired. Make no mistake he was fired as DC however they want to spin it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Lol he didn't request to be fired. Make no mistake he was fired as DC however they want to spin it.

What's your source? The last time Desai went in front of press he was DC. Officially the team hasn't announced anything. That's what I am waiting to hear.

5 minutes ago, toolg said:

What's your source? The last time Desai went in front of press he was DC. Officially the team hasn't announced anything. That's what I am waiting to hear.

You can keep waiting. JG announced he was replaced. He's no longer calling the plays. He's fired from DC and you can call it anything you want but that's what happened.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rey said:

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says 'Jeff Kerr @JeffKerrCBS The #Eagles defense under Sean Desai-- -since Week 30.0 (31st in PPG allowed #NFL Sack rate 5.1% (31st) YPG allowed -428.2 (32nd) Pass YPG allowed- --297.8 (32nd in NFL) 3rd down defense --54.8% (32nd) Red zone defense- -78.3% (32nd)'

I heard some place that the Eagles were top of the league on 1st and 2nd down but we can see from your post last on 3rd. Maybe it's a situation where he has a good defensive mind but can't call plays so they want him with the organization just not the DC making the quick decisions.

3 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Fantastic, now when do they do the same to the other coordinator that's even worse? 

Nick is the issue on that side

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Fantastic, now when do they do the same to the other coordinator that's even worse? 

I agree... we should take Siri out of the planning, design, and situational playcalling decisions :)

• Haha 1

Early last week, Nick defiantly said there were not going to be coaching changes. This feels like Lurie and Howie leveraged this change. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Erie said:

Early last week, Nick defiantly said there were not going to be coaching changes. This feels like Lurie and Howie leveraged this change

Yup, 100% likely.

Kinda similar to what they did to Dougie P, at the end of his tenure. At lease he won a SB though. Nick came oh so close last season. That loss still stings me!! We should have had 2 Lombardi's within 5 years!! UGH.

We all know who runs the team. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Huh? This seems so so strange! I mean sure things needed to change but I’m not sure Desai should be the fall guy given the offensive struggles. BJ is working with a lot lot more talent than Desai is.

We only know what we see on Sundays, not what happens behind closed doors the rest of the week. For all we know, they brought in Patricia earlier in the offseason when they immediately realized the job was too big for Desai. Or maybe there were little issues throughout the season and Patricia was doing a lot to help fix them, and it finally came to a boil.

Very unlikely they were 100% behind Desai a week ago or 2 weeks ago or even a month ago and spur of the moment decided to do this. Thats never been how Sirianni or Howie have operated

2 hours ago, toolg said:

The Eagles defense been getting fleeced all season. While Desai still officially has the label of DC, you know his role is reduced. He wasn't involved in the game planing and now isn't even calling plays for this game. 

If the defense comes out and dominate the Seahawks then he's all but done here. Hopefully BJ has been out on notice as well. 

29 minutes ago, Erie said:

Early last week, Nick defiantly said there were not going to be coaching changes. This feels like Lurie and Howie leveraged this change. 

Rightfully so! Howie invested to much and refuse to let stubborn Nick screw it up. It's clear that a coaching change was necessary. Our defense is flat out embarrassing to watch the same crap happening over and over every freaking game. 

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Ok, fine. Matt Patricia did NOTHING in NE. Next.

19 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

If the defense comes out and dominate the Seahawks then he's all but done here.  

Well, we all know that this is NOT happening. I expect their WRs to eat our Secondary all game long. Oh well.

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Nick is the issue on that side

Even if that's true, they're not going to fire a head coach in the middle of a 10-3 season. 

Look maybe they are telling the truth all along. desi is in pressbox analyzing and giving out a few plays to call for MP. MP picks from the play that Desi gives him and calls that out to the defense. could be as simple as that. whats to say that desi didn't want to do this himself after self scouting? maybe he isn't to big for his ego. 

15 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Well, we all know that this is NOT happening. I expect their WRs to eat our Secondary all game long. Oh well.

Lockett is fast quick a great route runner great hands and quietly a top 15 wr in this league. Metcalf is a pro bowler. Without Slay they will both catch 8-10 balls in our porous interior D