Matt Patricia taking over???

DBW

Just now, Birdman said:

So instead of firing Desai they "promoted" him....what the actual F? 

There's no way Desai will be back next season, I guess they're auditioning Patricia for 2024 DC 

They locked howie in the basement at one point too.  I have zero faith that Desai will learn anything and come out any better like Howie did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DBW said:

They locked howie in the basement at one point too.  I have zero faith that Desai will learn anything and come out any better like Howie did.

Howie is not the only one to learn from this, Sirianni is on the hook as well. It was a gamble to go with young inexperienced coordinators, but it has failed badly. Fans can only wonder what this offense and defense could be with a competent coordinator. The offense especially. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The timing of this is all pretty funny too.   

byard convinces Desai to let them scout > team boards plan to Seattle before anyone can ask coaches about it  > team announces change at DC.  

this wasn’t as reactionary as people think.  I believe that Patricia was here the whole time with the thought he could take over if Desai struggles.  Plan B so to speak.  th bye week may have been a better time to change though.  They hung on to Desai for too long.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

With the lack of talent this team has on D, what can a new Coach actually do, I wonder. 

Desai has been bad, except for a couple of games. 

I like the fact that they probably did a 'look in the Coaching Mirror' thing, and came up with this decision. Doubt it has any impact on the D. IMO, they are what they are at this point in the season. Hope I'm 100% wrong.

Desai didn't let the two starting Safeties and two starting LBs leave and a starting DT leave via FA, while signing the two 30 year old CBs to new contracts. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DBW said:

Well that was a 100% power grab by Chip, a little different situation with an underperforming coach 

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

Well that was a 100% power grab by Chip, a little different situation with an underperforming coach 

True 

Just now, LacesOut said:

With the lack of talent this team has on D, what can a new Coach actually do, I wonder. 

Desai has been bad, except for a couple of games. 

I like the fact that they probably did a 'look in the Coaching Mirror' thing, and came up with this decision. Doubt it has any impact on the D. IMO, they are what they are. Hope I'm 100% wrong.

You're probably right but ya never know.  Maybe Patricia opens things up for the younger guys and actually puts them in good positions.  It's the same personnel that shut Miami down so they must have the talent in there somewhere.  It'll be interesting to see how things play out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Birdman said:

There's no way Desai will be back next season, I guess they're auditioning Patricia for 2024 DC 

Kind of hard for me to view this as a promotion when he’s basically been delegated to being a position coach and we aren’t even sure which position he’s coaching. If Patricia comes in and turns this defense around especially without Slay I see no way Desai is back in any capacity. The Eagles (short of Chip Kelly) generally don’t like to make coaching moves during a season. 

5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Meh. They still have no talent in the back 7.

Right, somebody had to take the blame for that back 7, unfortunately they picked someone that had nothing to do with assembling it, Howie is a slim ball.

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Maybe he'll get the Dline to finally be better though. Doubt it

Slay just didn't want to deal with Seakhawks receivers, he's such a wuss.

Just now, EagleVA said:

Slay just didn't want to deal with Seakhawks receivers, he's such a wuss.

Definitely makes you wonder if he elected to have the surgery now because of how he feels about Patricia 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Definitely makes you wonder if he elected to have the surgery now because of how he feels about Patricia 

Patricia just told him the truth and apparently Slay can't handle the truth.

The defense is half the problem.  What the hell are they going to do to improve the offensive play calling??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

The defense is half the problem.  What the hell are they going to do to improve the offensive play calling??

Tell Hurts to stop checking out of the plays because Stevie Wonder can read a defense better than him 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

You gotta be pretty damn bad to get demoted IN SEASON. I thought Desai was going to be good- but he just sucks.

Side note: From what I have read so far, all of Patricia's defenses have been top 10. So there's that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

You gotta be pretty dan bad to get demoted IN SEASON. I thought Desai was going to be good- but he just sucks.

Side note: From what I have read so far, all of Patricia's defenses have been top 10. So there's that.

Was it Patricia or BB?

27 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

You gotta be pretty dan bad to get demoted IN SEASON. I thought Desai was going to be good- but he just sucks.

The Eagles D doesn't even have to be good...they just have to be below average.... just not horrible....to give them a chance to win. At least be able to stop teams on 3rd and long once in a while.

Anything will be an improvement at this point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Birdman said:

His first interview told me he was a snake oil salesman. Dude just says a bunch of things that sound good but doesn’t know how to apply anything to real life lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have seen mediocre DC's do way more with far less talent than what Desai has done with the Birds. 

Lets put it this way, there is no way it could be any worse than being the worst Defense in the NFL- which we are. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

The article I read said Patricia.

Hope you're right. I don't expect it to be like a light switch, but I do hope to see lots of improvement. Even though the last 3 games should be wins and might be... yea but it was the NYG and Cards, I need to see us dominate them, not just squeeze by to be a believer. We're so bad the only way is up, so here's hoping.

• Like 2

The Bills are a playoff team that changed their Offensive Coordinator in November. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1