GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles, 12-25-23, 4:30 PM EST

EagleJoe8

7 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Sydney Brown cost them the game last week.  Pick your poison with these DBs lol 

Rather have the rookie learn then Blankenship just be too slow. 

Horrible win, once again they struggled with play calling, failure in reading a blitz, giving up big plays… 

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

The pick 6 had zero to do with scheme. If receiver did not slip it was a completion

I bet if we ran the ball there instead of some three yard out route to a te…not wr, a te, we wouldnt have given up that pick…like i said scheme…fire johnson…

2 minutes ago, Eagleblood52 said:

I bet if we ran the ball there instead of some three yard out route to a te…not wr, a te, we wouldnt have given up that pick…like i said scheme…fire johnson…

I guess they should have known beforehand the receiver would slip and say no let’s run

3 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I guess they should have known beforehand the receiver would slip and say no let’s run

Well…did you see swift?…dudes getting 5/6 yards a run…so why not go to him vs a three yard out route when their d blitzed all night playing up on the receivers..

yea, the receivers slipped, but even if he didnt and caught the ball he wasnt doing anything with it..defender was right there because it was predictable…and thats the issue…our offense is predictable…

8 minutes ago, Eagleblood52 said:

This is the dumbest sheet I’ve seen in here today. 

9 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

They had a mini-Dec Collapse with that 3 game skid but snapped out of it tonight. 

Not really, they were fortunate the Giants started DeVito, had they started Taylor you would have seen the defense is just as bad as they've been all year long.

They're are not pressuring the QB enough, when someone does get pressure there's no contain behind him with LB play.  If the offense doesn't get back on track with dominating TOP and red zone scoring they're a one and done team if I've ever seen one because the defense just doesn't have what it takes, the DC change isn't going to make any difference what-so-ever. 

One good thing about the defense is Slay hasn't been on the field, I have no idea why they brought that scrub back.  I had always questioned why Ringo hadn't been on the field, the dumb sheet coaches didn't even have enough sense to put the best talent on the field, so what he'll make a mistake here and a mistake there, all rookies do, while he'll make mistakes, he'll also make game game saving plays.

As for the offense, it took the whole world screaming at the dumb sheet coaches to knock it off with the long passes, who gives a sheet what Lurie wants, he's football ignorant.  Tom Brady, the supposed GOAT made a living checking the ball down, dude rarely threw deep, he didn't have the receivers to do so. I'm still having problems with the inability to closeout games with the running game, they simply can't get the job done when everybody in the stadium knows they need to run the ball to win the game, Neither Swift nor Gainwell has the running style close out games.......the Giants should have not gotten that last possession, ditto for the Seahawks game.      

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

Oh yeah…running the ball is dumb huh?…now we know whos stupid

Just now, Eagleblood52 said:

Oh yeah…running the ball is dumb huh?…now we know whos stupid

Let’s see where to start. 

Goedert is one of the best receiving TEs in the nfl. 

Running the ball every play gets predictable too, but yea normally we need to run more. 

It wasn’t a 3 yard out route. More like 7. 

It was a completion with most likely a first down because Goedert usually breaks a tackle or two with just Adoree Jackson’s tiny ass trying to tackle him. 

it was 2nd and 20. Need chunk yards there. 

But yes run the ball with Gainwell and hope it’s not blown up. 

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Not really, they were fortunate the Giants started DeVito, had they started Taylor you would have seen the defense is just as bad as they've been all year long.

They're are not pressuring the QB enough, when someone does get pressure there's no contain behind him with LB play.  If the offense doesn't get back on track with dominating TOP and red zone scoring they're a one and done team if I've ever seen one because the defense just doesn't have what it takes, the DC change isn't going to make any difference what-so-ever. 

One good thing about the defense is Slay hasn't been on the field, I have no idea why they brought that scrub back.  I had always questioned why Ringo hadn't been on the field, the dumb sheet coaches didn't even have enough sense to put the best talent on the field, so what he'll make a mistake here and a mistake there, all rookies do, while he'll make mistakes, he'll also make game game saving plays.

As for the offense, it took the whole world screaming at the dumb sheet coaches to knock it off with the long passes, who gives a sheet what Lurie wants, he's football ignorant.  Tom Brady, the supposed GOAT made a living checking the ball down, dude rarely threw deep, he didn't have the receivers to do so. I'm still having problems with the inability to closeout games with the running game, they simply can't get the job done when everybody in the stadium knows they need to run the ball to win the game, Neither Swift nor Gainwell has the running style close out games.......the Giants should have not gotten that last possession, ditto for the Seahawks game.      

Look it wasn't perfect but they were on a 3 game losing streak.  This game had one mission and one mission only. Win period.  And they did that.  They should have beat Seattle last week but they let it slip away.  The Eagles Scored 19, 13, 17 in the last 3 games (16.3 PPG).  They scored 33 this game. The Defense basically held the Giants Offense to 11 total points and held them under 300 Total Yards.  The Defense and Special Teams scored 14.   Also regardless that it was the Giants, it's still a Division game.  I felt they played much better than they have in the last three weeks.  

Too close and you never were sure until the final play. Why can’t we blow out Arizona next week? 

2 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

So we wouldn't fumble again. 

Someone was blocked into the returner. Please don't act like he fumbled on his own accord. That fumble was OZ's fault for not being aware of his spacing.

22 minutes ago, Swimm said:

I think that Nick is sending a message. He basically benched Scott after the fumble. It comes back to accountability.  He said the heat should come at HIM.  Well he’s making sure of that.  He made some decisions and calls that were unpopular among us and certainly players.  And guess what.  The focus is now on HIM and not Jalen or AJ or Fraudberry, etc.  maybe he’s learning.  He’s protecting players in some ways and sacrificing himself.  A good coach will do that.  

2 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

So we wouldn't fumble again. 

Yeah he basically benched Boston after that. Not Boston’s fault. Or even OZ.  Just bad luck.  But nick took one more potential problem out of the equation.  And unpopular sure, but now you can’t blame Boston you can blame nick because I guarantee he will say that was HIS decision.

22 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I get why Reddick might be but why would Smith?

During the final defensive drive, Devonta was trying to get Siri's attention and saying something to him, shown on camera. 

40 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Rather have the rookie learn then Blankenship just be too slow. 

Why does a professional football player still need to learn how to tackle and not give the People’s Elbow to QBs that are down?  Also how many safeties can cover a receiver 1 on 1?  That was stupid playcalling/scheming 

This win does not cover up anything as far as I'm concerned. Subpar coaching is diminishing this team's performances week in and week out.

34 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I don't know, the competition is stiff

13 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Why does a professional football player still need to learn how to tackle and not give the People’s Elbow to QBs that are down?  Also how many safeties can cover a receiver 1 on 1?  That was stupid playcalling/scheming 

QBs get hit all the time sliding. Stupid play but not a career killer. Not being able to get out of your back pedal and flip your hips and constantly being too slow in coverage is. Blankenship is a top tier back up safety. Brown we don’t know yet. 

Well despite the Eagles doing everything in their power to try and screw this up, the weekend went as well for them as it possibly could have if the 49ers keep getting demolished. 

Archived