GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles, 12-25-23, 4:30 PM EST

EagleJoe8

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well despite the Eagles doing everything in their power to try and screw this up, the weekend went as well for them as it possibly could have if the 49ers keep getting demolished. 

49ers doing their bit and getting absolutely slammed by the Ravens.

Goat Purdy with 4 INT so far, lets see if he can make 6 before the game finishes.

4 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

49ers doing their bit and getting absolutely slammed by the Ravens.

Goat Purdy with 4 INT so far, lets see if he can make 6 before the game finishes.

The Eagles still have so much to clean up right now, but the outcome of the next time we see them could be different once we finally get guys healthy. 

2 hours ago, BayAreaLennie said:

Not only do they not blitz, they do not change *anything* up about the rush ... no stunts, no loops, no twists, no drop a lineman and send a linebacker, just the same old same old, 4 guys rushing in their exact same lanes every time.

This is why I miss JJ so much. Back then, at the beginning of each game, the announcers always said they couldn't wait to see which of his exotic blitz packages were going to be seen....smh....that seems like about 20 years ago.....

2 hours ago, Birdman said:

You're a voice of optimism on this board and I appreciate that, but I don't know how you fix anything this far into the season 

We are what we are at this point, loaded with offensive talent, but lacking the coaching staff to set them up for success 

It’s obvious the players hate the playcalling. That’s where Siri needs to start. If it doesn’t make sense to the people actually studying the film and running the plays on the field, that should tell you something. 

I would love to know what was said on the sideline with Siri, Reddick, Smith and a couple coaches. 

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Turnovers like that have not happened this year 

They just had three in Seattle on series where they were actually driving. Jalen has to be averaging well over a turnover a game. On top of that there’s been at least three plays where guys either ran into one another or there was some kind of bobbled handoff lag led to a stupid fumble. Heck I clearly remember AJ Brown laying out Swift for a fumble. 

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles still have so much to clean up right now, but the outcome of the next time we see them could be different once we finally get guys healthy. 

There are just too many holes imo, practically have zero linebacking, coaches look lost on the sidelines. IMO this is not a superbowl contending team...

3 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

There are just too many holes imo, practically have zero linebacking, coaches look lost on the sidelines. IMO this is not a superbowl contending team...

It’s hard to claim they are, but then I watch everyone else and I think anything is possible. They have to cut down on these turnovers for sure though. 

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

QBs get hit all the time sliding. Stupid play but not a career killer. Not being able to get out of your back pedal and flip your hips and constantly being too slow in coverage is. Blankenship is a top tier back up safety. Brown we don’t know yet. 

Again I'll ask, how many safeties can cover a 4.3-4.4 speed receiver man to man, 1 on 1 with no help?  That's stupid scheming to even ask Blankenship to do that.  Slayton would smoke Brown too.  I don't think either of them are good.  Blankenship is slow and Brown can't tackle. 

3 hours ago, Swimm said:

Maybe I didn't see it all, but to me it looked more like Nick was chewing Reddick out.  Reddick seemed to cumulatively get more frustrated with being held all game. 

4 hours ago, manz2821 said:

I mean if we were a good team without those 2 turnovers this was a blowout. But those turnovers are the norm now.

When you’re a bad team, bad things tend to happen. You can look at this same and say "well the 2 turnovers…”, but I view the turnovers as being something that is now part of this team’s identity!!! 

4 hours ago, D.WATSfromda757 said:

When are you people gonna realize this is not the same team as last year

I don’t expect them to be the team they were last year, but what I see week in and week out is a team constantly making excuses about how they need to fix this or fix that every week and yet 16 weeks later they have yet to play a single complete game. Preparation is typically a coaching issue. Adjusting problems week in and week out is a coaching problem. The defense has limits based on talent at Linebacker and the Secondary, but there really isn’t any excuse for the offensive problems!!! 

5 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I see a team on the field that isn't living up to it's potential right now. That is making boneheaded, self inflicting wounds decisions right now. They can't put anyone away. This Giants team would lose to Michigan. And we gave up 25? Seriously?

Goedert doesn't fall and ZO don't get pushed into Scott, this was a blowout

19 minutes ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

I don’t expect them to be the team they were last year, but what I see week in and week out is a team constantly making excuses about how they need to fix this or fix that every week and yet 16 weeks later they have yet to play a single complete game. Preparation is typically a coaching issue. Adjusting problems week in and week out is a coaching problem. The defense has limits based on talent at Linebacker and the Secondary, but there really isn’t any excuse for the offensive problems!!! 

Who made excuses? It’s self awareness. I don’t see why they get microphones stuck in their faces all the time anyway. 
Yeah, preparation is typically a coaching issue, maybe people aren’t totally bought in to it…can’t say I blame them…but they must do their job, the rest really isn’t everyone else’s business. Yes I agree. But we saw that last year in the SB. Totally outcoached.

oh, the original reply was for the statement about blowing teams out last season. Defense was much different and the team was much more complimentary. And the competition was lesser. But like it or not…the record is about the same. But to get further? What Smitty said.

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Goedert doesn't fall and ZO don't get pushed into Scott, this was a blowout

Games like these when analyzed, you can see who is a knowledgeable fan or analyst and who is not, most are not , more than half the people just look at the score and say duh, they suck. Even when you point out the facts they can't understand.

OK so we won and it’s great that we managed to stop the losing streak. But how did we look? The score suggests it was a close game but reading about it we made a few crucial mistakes that made it a close game. So where we actually quite good asides from the mistakes?

42 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

OK so we won and it’s great that we managed to stop the losing streak. But how did we look? The score suggests it was a close game but reading about it we made a few crucial mistakes that made it a close game. So where we actually quite good asides from the mistakes?

Typical game this year.  Two bad plays gave the VaGiants 14 points. 11-4.  Some debate about if you not watching or being in this GDT was the team's lucky charm. 😉

26 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Typical game this year.  Two bad plays gave the VaGiants 14 points. 11-4.  Some debate about if you not watching or being in this GDT was the team's lucky charm. 😉

Thought that might be the case but I’ve been in the GDT for 10 wins this year and all the wins last year 😊.

6 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Again I'll ask, how many safeties can cover a 4.3-4.4 speed receiver man to man, 1 on 1 with no help?  That's stupid scheming to even ask Blankenship to do that.  Slayton would smoke Brown too.  I don't think either of them are good.  Blankenship is slow and Brown can't tackle. 

Lmao brown can tackle. It’s one of his better traits. There are plenty of safeties who know how to not let a wr behind them when they are the deep safety. Blankenship screwed up not getting back quicker and thinking he could make up the difference. He’s a major liability in coverage. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yea we basically shut them down outside of a couple plays. Goedert slips and causes a pick 6. Hurts gets called for a horse collar tackle on the play leading them to get a 2 point conversion. To start the second half OZ got pushed into Scott causing him to fumble the kick return. This lead to a TD for the giants getting the ball at like the 15. 

Even if we get a FG instead of a pick six and a punt instead of fumbling the kickoff the score is 36-10. 

If Blankenship isn’t flat footed against Slayton maybe it’s 36-3. 

Reading all these negative posts after the game reminds me of this quote, lol

Mike Schmidt -- "Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day."

The Only Home Team To Win On Christmas.  The Philadelphia Eagles.  They are now 3-0 on Christmas Day which is the best Christmas Record in NFL History.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yea, that's the story of this game.  Never mind that we spent the second half of the game playing against a 2nd (or third?) string QB.  A lot of the same mistakes we've seen of late were evident and we ultimately let that team hang around for way too long. 

The Eagles just don't seem to be able to get a led and keep their foot off the gas.  Instead they swerve, ride the brakes and sometimes accelerate into a telephone pole. 

I will say that the defense looked average yesterday (not horrible like in past weeks).  I also thought the offensive play calling was a bit better.  They finally committed to the run game and got some production there.  All things considered, I'll call it progress, but I still see this team as one and done in the playoffs unless they make some dramatic improvements. 

Good Eagles victory. Glad they ended the losing streak. It's good for the psychology of the team. I just hope we can beat the hapless Cardinals. 

11 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

We now have couple linebackers - Cunninham and Shaq. 

Archived