GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles, 12-25-23, 4:30 PM EST

EagleJoe8

3 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Lmao brown can tackle. It’s one of his better traits. There are plenty of safeties who know how to not let a wr behind them when they are the deep safety. Blankenship screwed up not getting back quicker and thinking he could make up the difference. He’s a major liability in coverage. 

Brown had half a season's worth of missed tackles in one game, I'm not sure how you just typed that with a straight face.  His game against Seattle was a disastrous train wreck. 

Blankenship blew that play for sure, but that was more about situational awareness than speed.  He just let Slayton run by him so of course a safety isn't catching a 4.3 receiver from behind.  Again, a smart defensive coach would know his strengths and weaknesses and be using him more as a strong safety.  He obviously can't cover speed receivers 30-40 yards deep. 

Disappointing but not bad, too much heat and hate everywhere for a win. 

3 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Brown had half a season's worth of missed tackles in one game, I'm not sure how you just typed that with a straight face.  His game against Seattle was a disastrous train wreck. 

Blankenship blew that play for sure, but that was more about situational awareness than speed.  He just let Slayton run by him so of course a safety isn't catching a 4.3 receiver from behind.  Again, a smart defensive coach would know his strengths and weaknesses and be using him more as a strong safety.  He obviously can't cover speed receivers 30-40 yards deep. 

He can’t cover anyone if he doesn’t get out of his back pedal before the WR is on you. It was poor technique more than bad scheme. 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

He can’t cover anyone if he doesn’t get out of his back pedal before the WR is on you. It was poor technique more than bad scheme. 

It was poor technique and bad scheme.  A slow safety with poor technique should not be getting used as the last line of defense deep safety. 

17 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles still have so much to clean up right now, but the outcome of the next time we see them could be different once we finally get guys healthy. 

As much as i want to believe..in what you are saying..i see an undisciplined team , that is committing penalties ..and living on the laurels of last year. Something is seriously wrong with their desire to win. Unless they are faking it and saving their best for playoffs. 😂 LOL. I don't think so. They are just not showing that winner instinct. They are not playing to win, they are playing not to loose. ..too late to do anything about it this year. This team is flawed.

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

As much as i want to believe..in what you are saying..i see an undisciplined team , that is committing penalties ..and living on the laurels of last year. Something is seriously wrong with their desire to win. Unless they are faking it and saving their best for playoffs. 😂 LOL. I don't think so. They are just not showing that winner instinct. They are not playing to win, they are playing not to loose. ..too late to do anything about it this year. This team is flawed.

I see a team that’s at odds either with each other or the coaches. Something isn’t right with that locker room right now. Players are not happy.

2 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

It was poor technique and bad scheme.  A slow safety with poor technique should not be getting used as the last line of defense deep safety. 

Which brings us back to the original point that he shouldn’t be starting. Thanks for going in circles for a day. 

33 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Which brings us back to the original point that he shouldn’t be starting. Thanks for going in circles for a day. 

I never said he should be starting, I said he is being used incorrectly.  I haven't gone in circles at all, my points have been the same from the get go. 

They lost their DC and OC the same year. That's a major hit. BOTH new ones suck- and that's hard to deal with. Siri is losing his sheeeit, and who knows if he keeps his job. BOTH OC and DC have to be replaced AGAIN this off season. Tough to do.

3 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Is this team flawed? Yes, but so are just about every other team in the NFL as well. They’re still an 11 win football team despite everything and for the majority of the season they had one loss. Now they have been at ten wins for nearly a month now (😂) so we all want to see more than we have been getting for sure. I don’t like how they’re playing right now. They have to play much better to win in the playoffs. They make too many mistakes that will get them in trouble against playoff level teams. They’re letting mediocre teams hang around way too long. I’m not going to act like these aren’t major issues. Overall I’m hoping they get healthy and figure it all out finally, 

You know what? Imma still back these fools, no matter what. Can't believe that's how I am feeling, but I do. let's go!!

46 minutes ago, Devaster said:

Was there any explanation for Hurts' brain fart at the end of the 2nd half?

Do you mean the first half when he didn’t run out of bounds and almost cost them points?

Archived