Total clown show out there today

jmac+djaxallday

1 minute ago, jsdarkstar said:

Eagles are a game up. Win against Arizona should clinch the division. 

Not if Dallas beats Detroit, which they likely will at home.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Not if Dallas beats Detroit, which they likely will at home.

Don't the Eagles hold the tie breaker against them? 

Just now, jsdarkstar said:

Think it could come down to strength of schedule if we lose 1 of the last 2 and Dallas wins out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jsdarkstar said:

If we both win out, yes, but if we lose one of these next 2, and Dallas wins out, they get the division.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

If we both win out, yes, but if we lose one of these next 2, and Dallas wins out, they get the division.

What’s really hard is is it better for us that Dallas wins next week or Detroit? Better chance to get the #2 if Dallas beats Detroit I think?

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Think it could come down to strength of schedule if we lose 1 of the last 2 and Dallas wins out.

In this case, it wouldn't reach SOS. If we lose to AZ, and Dallas wins out, they have a better conference record. If we lose to the Giants, and Dallas wins out, Dallas has a better division record.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What’s really hard is is it better for us that Dallas wins next week or Detroit? Better chance to get the #2 if Dallas beats Detroit I think?

Correct.

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

Every year, there is one team that has one of the top record in their division where most of their wins were generated by crazy plays, last minute field goals, unbelievable mistakes by opponent, fortunate penalty calls, or other circumstance that allows them to squeak out win.  Most teams have a win or two like that during the year, but when a team has done it multiple  times, their record doesn't indicate just how average they are.......and are bounced early in the playoffs.

The eagles are a team like that this year......offensive problems that haven't improved over the year, a defense that that gotten worse as the year went on, and a Head coach who refuses to hold his OC accountable.

Yeah, it's OK if you want to cherry pick the positives.....and maybe the sky isn't falling......but if you have your head in the sand, you wouldn't see it anyway.

The eagles are not an impressive team and this was no impressive win against a lousy team at the Linc that took until the last 4 seconds to do it.  

The eagles let the one seed slip away......they let the cowpies creep back into the division race......they still have the same offensive problems they've had all year.  

So should they look at the silver lining or in the mirror?  

I take your point, but it is conceivable that the Niners lose to the Rams, Eagles beat Giants and Cards, and have the #1 and the bye. I'm still feeling positive, even if the team isn't playing very convincingly. I'm enjoying them having a good record, because it doesn't take long in the NFL for a team to go from contenders to nobodies. The sun won't shine forever, so making hay while it does

This win is pretty much the way every win this season has been. Some good play in spurts with a good dose of bad play. Any chance Patricia/Siri benches Bradberry? With Patricia's history with Slay I wonder how that goes over if it happens or if that is why it is not happening. Of all weak links he seems to be the weakest right now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

This offense is built for a pocket passer.  The league, by and large, is still built for pocket passers.  Hurts either can't or won't commit to consistently playing from pocket, and he hasn't been explosive enough as a runner to offset that.  He's the single biggest limiting factor on this football team right now, and unless that changes, you can kiss the season goodbye.  I think he'd be well-served to lighten the load in the weight room this summer and try to get quicker.  

The running back room is one of the worst in the league.  Swift is a solid #2 back on a good team but typically crumbles at the first hint of contact.  It's still a very effective running game overall, but not good enough to negate the limitations at QB.

Sirianni deserves a lot of blame as well.  I frankly think he's been given too much of a pass.  If he were that great a coach, he wouldn't be standing idle as the season went by the wayside with a rookie coordinator.  He either knows the problems on offense are personnel related or lacks the confidence in himself to call a better game than Johnson.

My issue with the defense is that the scheme doesn't match the personnel.  You have a group built to rush the QB and plaster receivers with tough, physical coverage on the outside.  The goal should be to consistently create negative plays, even if it means giving up a big one now and again.  Instead, they've taken the complete opposite approach.  They seem content to hand the opponent five yards on first down and another four on second down.  It's bend but don't break the entire game until the 4th quarter when they just break.  The coaching and situational awareness is some of the worst I've seen from an Eagles team.  Totally sophomoric approach.

I'm not saying they're incapable of putting it together and making a run, but today's performance might not be enough get them past Arizona next week, much less the heavyweights in the conference.  

Well, Swift is 5th in the entire league in rushing yards - ahead of some notable names like Saquan, Pollard and Bijan. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

In this case, it wouldn't reach SOS. If we lose to AZ, and Dallas wins out, they have a better conference record. If we lose to the Giants, and Dallas wins out, Dallas has a better division record.

So it’s simple then… We have to win out unless Dallas lose one of the last 2 and then that gives us room for error.

Fire Brian Johnson and bench Bradberry we good 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So it’s simple then… We have to win out unless Dallas lose one of the last 2 and then that gives us room for error.

And that game against the Lions won't be easy.  Lions still have a chance at the 1 if they win out and the Eagles AND 49ers EACH lose one of two. 

1 minute ago, Wallyhorse said:

And that game against the Lions won't be easy.  Lions still have a chance at the 1 if they win out and the Eagles AND 49ers EACH lose one of two. 

Yeah Lions are going to be gunning for that one. Mind you they’ve not looked all that convincing the last few weeks so I think Dullarse are going to get the W in that one.

i think the problem right now isn't just about winning or losing. to a certain extent is the way they are winning but i think the bigger thing is optics. when their offense struggles its not a gradual we got a few first downs and then had to punt..its a 3 and out over and over again. thats whats concerning. they can't play field position game. its either touchdown/fg or 3 and out with this team and thats the biggest concern. can't win like that. i don't know if thats playcalling, if thats hurts, or what but there is definitely something wrong with the team. also the whole yelling and screaming at each other on the sideline, the players saying we are predictable, not playing to our standard doesn't help anyone either. i know they have to improve but time is running out. 

3 minutes ago, Soumak said:

i think the problem right now isn't just about winning or losing.

I think the biggest concern for me is just how this team seems to be. They aren’t happy and something seems off with them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Oh yeah, that's the sign of a good RB. 

What the OP pointed out is a fact, dude isn't physical enough to be a #1 back.  Another problem with Swift, he's quick but not fast, he's a #2 at best.

Maybe one day the Eagles will understand the value of hard-nosed down-hill running, until they do, don't expect any championships.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

Oh yeah, that's the sign of a good RB. 

What the OP pointed out is a fact, dude isn't physical enough to be a #1 back.  Another problem with Swift, he's quick but not fast, he's a #2 at best.

Maybe one day the Eagles will understand the value of hard-nosed down-hill running, until they do, don't expect any championships.

you know they still have penny. i don't know whats going on there. maybe they will use him these last 2 games as warmup for him for the playoffs? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soumak said:

you know they still have penny. i don't know whats going on there. maybe they will use him these last 2 games as warmup for him for the playoffs? 

While Penny has good size and speed, I don't think he's physical at all, I also question his vision which I've always though to be the most important trait a RB can possess.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

This offense is built for a pocket passer.  The league, by and large, is still built for pocket passers.  Hurts either can't or won't commit to consistently playing from pocket, and he hasn't been explosive enough as a runner to offset that.  He's the single biggest limiting factor on this football team right now, and unless that changes, you can kiss the season goodbye.  I think he'd be well-served to lighten the load in the weight room this summer and try to get quicker.  

I disagree with your pocket passer analysis, how Hurts handle the pocket is the problem, there's too much run right when a simple step up in the pocket will do the trick.  Hurts and the coaches has to realize when you run either left or right you're only seeing 1/4 or 1/3 of the field, and they need to coach that foolishness out of him.  To say he's the biggest limiting factor is a gigantic leap, you're about to turn him into another Quez Watkins, everything is his fault and shortly the entire Delaware Valley and national media will be repeating the same BS, Hurts is not the problem.

I will agree with you on his running, he needs to be more aggressive, too many times I've seen him slide on crucial plays where a first down was needed and they came up short, I mean, he's as big as a FB, run over those DBs and get the first.  Also, when he takes off he seems to be trotting most times, turn on the damn jets

From my perspective, the biggest limiting factor are the plays that are run, everything seems to be so elementary, no misdirection at all, everything is an easy read for the defense.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I disagree with your pocket passer analysis, how Hurts handle the pocket is the problem, there's too much run right when a simple step up in the pocket will do the trick.  Hurts and the coaches has to realize when you run either left or right you're only seeing 1/4 or 1/3 of the field, and they need to coach that foolishness out of him.  To say he's the biggest limiting factor is a gigantic leap, you're about to turn him into another Quez Watkins, everything is his fault and shortly the entire Delaware Valley and national media will be repeating the same BS, Hurts is not the problem.

I will agree with you on his running, he needs to be more aggressive, too many times I've seen him slide on crucial plays where a first down was needed and they came up short, I mean, he's as big as a FB, run over those DBs and get the first.  Also, when he takes off he seems to be trotting most times, turn on the damn jets

From my perspective, the biggest limiting factor are the plays that are run, everything seems to be so elementary, no misdirection at all, everything is an easy read for the defense.

If he's not the biggest limiting factor, then who is?  I didn't say he was bad, or that we'd be better off with Ryan Tannehill.  But he does have flaws, beginning with the fact that he's only 6'1.  You don't think that's part of the reason he likes to leave the pocket?  They're definitely not coaching him to do that.  My point is that while Hurts is a good QB, his skillset at the present moment has not allowed them to maximize the talent on the rest of the offense.  Russell Wilson was also a very good QB, but you wouldn't have wanted him playing behind this offensive line because it would have been a waste.  The Eagles approach to building this offense, dating back to the off-season when they let Minshew walk so they could bring in someone more mobile, has been very narrow-minded and should raise concerns about the football acumen of people in that building.

I certainly don't think the play calling has been great, but it is still primarily about the players in this league.  Boring and predictable also isn't the worst thing when you get late in the season and coaches have more time to concentrate on stopping one offense.

2 hours ago, eggs said:

Well, Swift is 5th in the entire league in rushing yards - ahead of some notable names like Saquan, Pollard and Bijan. 

He’s the best RB we’ve had since Shady. They just don’t use him enough. 

• Like 1

The story is wr smith after the game. He knows the the oc scheme and play calling are terrible. Hurts spent a lot of time talking to him as bj is his friend. Howie and lurie really screwed up hiring a completely unqualified oc. If we play the Rams 1st game at home in the playoffs i would not expect us to win as their head coach is a tremendous oc too. At best we win one playoff game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

If he's not the biggest limiting factor, then who is? 

Boring and predictable also isn't the worst thing when you get late in the season and coaches have more time to concentrate on stopping one offense.

You mentioned it your self, the biggest limiting factor is "the people in the building", Lurie, Roseman, the Analytic Guys, and Sirianni.

Lurie wants a big play offense which is total ignorance, the dumb sheet should be wanting to win anyway he can, Roseman is a yes man to Lurie and he can't draft a damn, the analytic guys are the worst, and Sirianni is just another yes man that seems to have very little knowledge about the game.  

A bit more about analytics, as far as I'm concerned, analytics have very little use in the game because it's assumes all players are created equal which everyone knows is total BS.  You have a terrible OL going against a dominate DL, the analytics say go for it on 4th and 2, screw all the other factors besides not having a choice.  From what I'm hearing the analytics team put together the game plans.

Your boring and predictable statement seem to be a total contradiction, to have more time to concentrate on stopping a boring and predictable, who need more time, hell, all you need to do is tackle well, they're predictable.