Total clown show out there today

jmac+djaxallday

15 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

You mentioned it your self, the biggest limiting factor is "the people in the building", Lurie, Roseman, the Analytic Guys, and Sirianni.

Lurie wants a big play offense which is total ignorance, the dumb sheet should be wanting to win anyway he can, Roseman is a yes man to Lurie and he can't draft a damn, the analytic guys are the worst, and Sirianni is just another yes man that seems to have very little knowledge about the game.  

A bit more about analytics, as far as I'm concerned, analytics have very little use in the game because it's assumes all players are created equal which everyone knows is total BS.  You have a terrible OL going against a dominate DL, the analytics say go for it on 4th and 2, screw all the other factors besides not having a choice.  From what I'm hearing the analytics team put together the game plans.

Your boring and predictable statement seem to be a total contradiction, to have more time to concentrate on stopping a boring and predictable, who need more time, hell, all you need to do is tackle well, they're predictable. 

I think you are a tad bit over exaggerating how bad things are here. 

Lets start from the top. I don't think anyone knows for sure how much Lurie is interfering with the team. I don't think we can even guess at it. But we have had so many winning seasons since he has been owner. We are lucky to have him over a lot of other owners here in this league. 

Roseman has done a decent job of of drafting. I mean i think he finally understood not over thinking it. I agree he missed on Jefferson, he missed on DJ Metcalf. But he hit on Smith. He hit on Hurts. This years draft class is showing good promise also. Reed Blankenship looks to be pretty good. The o-line and d-line men that has been drafted looks to be pretty good. Getting swift over sanders appears to be a win in my book also. Trading for AJ Brown also another win. So lets not pretend that everything Roseman does is bad and that all these players are being picked up because of Lurie.

You argument for analytics is a double edged sword. there are teams that do it right and there are teams that do it wrong. you have to strike a balance. It can't be 100% analytics and 100% gut reaction. 

I think the main thing that was done wrong this offseason was not bring in experienced coaching for coordinators. to be fair on defense we would have had a different coordinator if Gannon didn't do what he did. On offense I think it was Sirranni's call to get BJ and i think that was to keep Hurts in the same offense because he had not been in the same offense each year even in college.This was a mistake. I think if they brought in experienced coordinators it would leave sirranni the ability to do his situational awareness football while leaving the details of coaching and game planning to the coordinators. as the defense started to go bad, he started to focus on the defense, then the offense started to slow down and he got overwhelmed with dealing with both offense and defense. hence the move to a MP to allow him to focus on offense. This game the offense looked much better. Their situational football still sucked because he isn't able to focus on that anymore. I think this will continue because sirranni is going to have to help BJ out the rest of the season until they get a new coordinator on offense. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soumak said:

Lets start from the top. I don't think anyone knows for sure how much Lurie is interfering with the team

Frank Reich does, that's who let the cat out of the bag on Lurie and the analytic guys.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the biggest concern for me is just how this team seems to be. They aren’t happy and something seems off with them.

There IS disarray in the locker room. Seems to me players are pissed at the poor coaching, poor schemes and how they are being used/not used. 

• Like 3

Without a doubt the Eagles' warts are painfully obvious, but good Lawd I've never seen such a miserable 11-4 team and fanbase.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

I never said they were a bad team.  The most powerful people in the organization are the ones holding them back, and that's what should concern people.  Sure it was nice to get a win, but they also made all the same mistakes today they've been making all year.  Expectations should be higher.

They are 11-4. Trying breathing and enjoying life once in a while.

• Like 1

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Without a doubt the Eagles' warts are painfully obvious, but good Lawd I've never seen such a miserable 11-4 team and fanbase.

It's almost like a lot of people just aren't happy unless they are miserable.

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Frank Reich does, that's who let the cat out of the bag on Lurie and the analytic guys.

Analytics are going to be the downfall of this organization. From what I hear, Julian Lurie is obsessed with analytics even more so than his dad. 

When Jeff steps down and hands the reins over to him we are in BIG trouble. 

• Like 1

This is definitely an agony of victory week. The offense scored 33 points. That's plenty of offense under most circumstances. Were there some mistakes? Yes, but I think if you go back and watch some of the earlier season games you'll find we looked much better. Every game this year we've started slow and had to come back to win. The last couple weeks, we've actually gotten some offense in the first quarter. Both weeks we tried to coast too early and it got us. This week, we had a cushion so when something went wrong, we were able to weather the storm.

Previous weeks, it meant a loss. The team that played yesterday, would have been in the SF game instead of trailing and hoping the other team makes mistakes.

This team has the talent and we've seen some improvement. We just need them to turn it on come the playoffs. This is not last years team but this team is still on the verge of 13 wins. That's on par or more than most super bowl winners in the past. The team is good. Just have a little faith that they'll figure it out.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2023 at 1:00 AM, Diehardfan said:

Agree. But reality is that team isn't up to par and has bad coaching. Injuries are the only thing that can help them bridge the gap at this point. 

the Eagles could easily make upgrades to the offense by adding someone big and fast to the backfield, and pitch it to him like the 9ers pitch to McCaffery.

There is much the Eagles have on the roster that could be added to the offensive skill positions to make the offense more dynamic and potent.  

Penny and Albert O both have very good speed numbers and good size.  

There are all those players on defense who you could call a blocking TE or FB. 

The Eagles don't need so many wrs at the same time, especially when only 2 get targets.  

I'd like 3 downfield and 3 backfield.  Not 4 downfield and 2 backfield.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Talonblood said:

There IS disarray in the locker room. Seems to me players are pissed at the poor coaching, poor schemes and how they are being used/not used. 

Agreed but I do think that can be corrected. It’s going to take a lot of work but I think if they all pull together they can sort it.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed but I do think that can be corrected. It’s going to take a lot of work but I think if they all pull together they can sort it.

Winning cures a LOT of things. 🤟🏻

• Like 2

It's hilarious seeing the fanbase going STRAIGHT BACK to the "it's not perfect but they found a way to win" response.

Wake up, people. This team is the same team they were barely beating bad teams, losing to good teams, and barely beating the Giants on Monday. Every unit on this team is average, except the defense, which is atrocious. Not one fundamental problem has been fixed.

All that being said, we can get lucky in the playoffs the same way we got lucky against Buffalo and KC. But that's the reality of the 2023 Eagles. It ain't happening. And if it does it'll be because everything broke our way. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Birdman said:

Analytics are going to be the downfall of this organization. From what I hear, Julian Lurie is obsessed with analytics even more so than his dad. 

When Jeff steps down and hands the reins over to him we are in BIG trouble. 

Love or hate it, analytics in ALL sports is huge now.  Many of us in baseball hate analytics and some want to see analytics outlawed.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, T-1000 said:

They are 11-4. Trying breathing and enjoying life once in a while.

I don't care if they're 11-4 or 4-11.  Success is relative to opportunity, and this year is Super Bowl or bust by the players' own admission.  That doesn't mean I expect them to win the Super Bowl, but I certainly expect them to give themselves the best chance possible.  If you're a fan who expects less it means you've been spoiled by the success and expect them to have this opportunity every year.  They don't.  The Lane Johnson's, Fletcher Cox's, Brandon Graham's, and Jason Kelce's of the world deserve better than what they've gotten recently out of this coaching staff, and at times the QB.

14 hours ago, Birdman said:

Like father, like son.......football ignorant.

22 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Your boring and predictable statement seem to be a total contradiction, to have more time to concentrate on stopping a boring and predictable, who need more time, hell, all you need to do is tackle well, they're predictable. 

It's not a contradiction, because in the playoffs the teams that are easy to prepare for are actually at an advantage for that exact reason.  There's no edge to be gained on this Eagles offense that hasn't already been gained, so what you see is most likely what you'll get.  It might not be pretty, but when you have receivers who can consistently win and lineman who can consistently block, you give yourself a chance.

Defense is looking better, but the offense still has me confused. And Hurts with that boneheaded play at the end of the 2nd half... what the hell was that? That 3rd quarter was just a sequence of bizarre plays that won't happen again. Commit to the run and run the damn ball with Swift more often. I thought the 1st half was pretty good outside of Hurts' boneheaded play. And then in the 2nd half they reverted back to throwing the ball early and often. This offense has no identity.

The Eagles are 11-4 and a game clear and in with a shot at the East and the #1 The Eagles are 11-4 and a game clear and in with a shot at the East and the #1 The Eagles are 11-4 and a game clear and in with a shot at the East and the #1 The Eagles are 11-4 and a game clear and in with a shot at the East and the #1 The Eagles are 11-4 and a game clear and in with a shot at the East and the #1 The Eagles are 11-4 and a game clear and in with a shot at the East and the #1

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

On the plus side they have a couple games to get things right. Outside of the ravens, and some recency bias on that, no team is looking unbeatable on any given week. Lots of eggs being laid this season across the league. 

Spoiler

10 hours ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

I don't care if they're 11-4 or 4-11.  Success is relative to opportunity, and this year is Super Bowl or bust by the players' own admission.  That doesn't mean I expect them to win the Super Bowl, but I certainly expect them to give themselves the best chance possible.  If you're a fan who expects less it means you've been spoiled by the success and expect them to have this opportunity every year.  They don't.  The Lane Johnson's, Fletcher Cox's, Brandon Graham's, and Jason Kelce's of the world deserve better than what they've gotten recently out of this coaching staff, and at times the QB.

Right there is your problem. You are setting yourself up to a miserable fan if your mindset is as absolute as "super bowl or bust." First of all, there are a lot of teams in the NFL and only ONE will win the SB. Second, if you expect them to have a "SB like winning experience" every week you are simply a flawed fan. Most teams, even great ones are going to go through struggles, losing streaks, lose some games on paper they shouldn't etc. This is the NFL and there is more parody now than ever. This is not to say that they haven't played well in recent weeks, that there aren't concerns, and that objectively they are not as good as they were last season. However, it's a matter of perspective and again, you are setting yourself up to be a miserable fan and quite honestly, you kind of come off as a whining, raving, wacko. Breathe homie, maybe switch to decaf, IDK.

Does anyone else remember when the Eagles beat the Patriots in the SB? Wentz got hurt, Foles was playing poorly heading into the playoffs, and had a miserable first half against Atlanta in the first round. They barely won that game. Nobody thought they were winning the SB that year and everyone was all doom and gloom. That doesn't mean they will win the SB this year, but they are in the playoffs and any team that gets in has a chance to get hot at the right time and win the whole damn thing. The sad thing is, most fans are delusional and expect a team to play great for 17 games, and then multiple playoff games and be THE ONE TEAM left standing, and never stop to enjoy the moment or realize that the journey is almost as important as the destination.

• Thanks 1

Our poor 11-4 (soon to be 13-4 with arguably the toughest schedule in the NFL) team isn't winning with enough style points.

f2e45d8e3272cf5b1daf8b94c5de95b9.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Right there is your problem. You are setting yourself up to a miserable fan if your mindset is as absolute as "super bowl or bust." First of all, there are a lot of teams in the NFL and only ONE will win the SB. Second, if you expect them to have a "SB like winning experience" every week you are simply a flawed fan. Most teams, even great ones are going to go through struggles, losing streaks, lose some games on paper they shouldn't etc. This is the NFL and there is more parody now than ever. This is not to say that they haven't played well in recent weeks, that there aren't concerns, and that objectively they are not as good as they were last season. However, it's a matter of perspective and again, you are setting yourself up to be a miserable fan and quite honestly, you kind of come off as a whining, raving, wacko. Breathe homie, maybe switch to decaf, IDK.

You're either misunderstanding me, or I'm not communicating my point very well.  I am not an outcome-oriented fan.  The fun of being a fan actually lies in not knowing the outcome.  I'm a big believer in enjoying the ride and not getting too caught up in how others may define success, especially when it comes to things I have no control over.  Anyone with common sense could have told you coming into the season that, best case scenario, the Eagles had maybe a 15-20% chance of winning the Super Bowl.  And that's only because they were supposed to be one of the league's better teams.

"Super Bowl or bust" is a mindset, not an expectation.  It means it should hurt when it ends.  Think back to the most enjoyable Eagles seasons of our lifetimes, and all of them except one ended with a kick to the gut.  My fear isn't that this ends up like '04, '08, '10, '18, or '22 - teams that were good enough to win it but came up just short against great opponents.  My fear is it ends up like '09 or '14, where a once promising season goes up in smoke and leaves you numb by the time they end.  That is not a prediction or even a complaint; it's a legitimate concern based on what we've been seeing.

On 12/26/2023 at 10:57 PM, T-1000 said:

It's almost like a lot of people just aren't happy unless they are miserable.

I think it's that most people don't have their head buried in sand.

6 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Does anyone else remember when the Eagles beat the Patriots in the SB? Wentz got hurt, Foles was playing poorly heading into the playoffs, and had a miserable first half against Atlanta in the first round. They barely won that game. Nobody thought they were winning the SB that year and everyone was all doom and gloom. That doesn't mean they will win the SB this year, but they are in the playoffs and any team that gets in has a chance to get hot at the right time and win the whole damn thing. The sad thing is, most fans are delusional and expect a team to play great for 17 games, and then multiple playoff games and be THE ONE TEAM left standing, and never stop to enjoy the moment or realize that the journey is almost as important as the destination.

A million upticks. Being a sports fan of any kind is all about the journey. And even if you reach the destiniation, you still have to again next year. If it doesn't give you enjoyment, maybe you'd get more from philately, numismatism, ornithology or, frankly, onanism.