Total clown show out there today

jmac+djaxallday

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

I think it's that most people don't have their head buried in sand.

I dunno, a sense of perspective goes a long way. The Eagles seem to be giving people a log of angst on this board. For something we have absolutely zero control over, football seems to cause a lot of unnecessary suffering

21 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

I dunno, a sense of perspective goes a long way. The Eagles seem to be giving people a log of angst on this board. For something we have absolutely zero control over, football seems to cause a lot of unnecessary suffering

I think people get frustrated, given their time, commitment, etc with the sport. I wouldn't say people suffer over it.

So the fans are supposed to be pleased with what we’re seeing? Which of you is going to tell the players that? AJ is unhappy with how the team is performing. Smitty, is unhappy with how the team is performing. Hurts has commented on how the team hasn’t played their best ball yet. We’re 15 games in now. If we weren’t Eagles fans, and watching this team from a distance, we’d easily be doubting them. Turnovers all season, atrocious defense, pass protection issues, terrible coaching, stupid decision making. Style points may not matter with regard to the win/loss record, but it absolutely matters when forming opinions of what you ultimately expect from something. 

2020 Steelers. 
2021 Titans. 
2022 Vikings. 

All had great records, and all had outside doubters because of "style points”. And all were proven right when eventually they got knocked out by wild card teams in the first round. The only differences between those teams and the 2023 Eagles, is bias, and our story isn’t finished being written yet. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

So the fans are supposed to be pleased with what we’re seeing? Which of you is going to tell the players that? AJ is unhappy with how the team is performing. Smitty, is unhappy with how the team is performing. Hurts has commented on how the team hasn’t played their best ball yet. We’re 15 games in now. If we weren’t Eagles fans, and watching this team from a distance, we’d easily be doubting them. Turnovers all season, atrocious defense, pass protection issues, terrible coaching, stupid decision making. Style points may not matter with regard to the win/loss record, but it absolutely matters when forming opinions of what you ultimately expect from something. 

2020 Steelers. 
2021 Titans. 
2022 Vikings. 

All had great records, and all had outside doubters because of "style points”. And all were proven right when eventually they got knocked out by wild card teams in the first round. The only differences between those teams and the 2023 Eagles, is bias, and our story isn’t finished being written yet. 

I guess I disagree somewhat. When you step away from the local coverage and "hot takes" the perception isn't as depressing.  The Eagles may not be #1 in the power rankings, but they are only a couple spots down. 

As you stated, though, this story isn't finished. Bias isn't the only difference ... completion is as well. We'll have to wait and see with the 2023 Eagles.

On the flipside, the year we won the SB, we were underdogs in every playoff game, even though we were the #1 seed

It's all perspective. If you only watch the Eagles, you're probably in panic mode. There is no clear dominant team this year that is blowing everyone out and seems like a juggernaut. Our playoff team losses were at the end of a brutal stretch of games and yet we still have one of the best records against playoff teams. The first two rounds of the playoffs are looking like the Seahawks at home followed by the Lions at home. They are still a top 3 team in the league this year.

The Eagles have 4 losses, three of which are to playoff teams. While we have 6 wins against playoff teams.

Playoff team records against other playoffs teams.

Ravens 6-2

Miami 1-3

Chiefs 2-3

Jaguars 3-5

Browns 4-3

Bills 4-2

Colts 2-4

49'ers 7-2

Eagles 6-3

Lions 2-2

Bucs 1-5

cowgirls 3-4