January 20, 20242 yr 6 hours ago, Thing3 said: And how does a different coach change any of the things you mentioned? Can a new coach free up cap space? Make old players young? In some ways hasn't that free fall already begun? Even with cap problems bringing a new coach, new offensive scheme and defensive scheme will be a start. At least if gives you a head start on turning things around. Siri had two months to right the ship and it actually sunk further. There is not much in the way of player development for whatever reason. Barnett not good enough to get decent playing time here yet goes to a new team and is playing a lot and looks like a totally different player (scheme better elsewhere?). Also, SIri's offense consists of a few simple plays that other teams, even bad teams, have had no problem stopping for weeks at a time for 7 consecutive weeks. No adjustments week after week despite plays not working. I haven't seen anything to indicate he can turn things around given he had 7 games which for the most part he had the team totally unprepared. Add to all this the admission of players that the at least once that we know of they ignore the play call and do their own thing tells me that even the players don't have faith in his system. I am sure if we know about one time it has happened before. He seems to have flamed out. Also he comes across as more of a fan cheerleader Coach. The team clearly lacks discipline and that flows down from the top. Teams adjusted to Siri and he didn't show the ability to make an adjustment and it was rinse and repeat every week for nearly two months. I guess the plus is he will probably end up "leading" us to a top 5 pick next season and then a new group will surely be brought in to turn things around. Although if they could get Harbaugh they should make the change now without delay.
January 20, 20242 yr heck if they bring back nick, how is it going to affect the players like smith, brown, swift, hurts? i wouldnt blame them if they want out because we have a front office that's not committed to winning.
January 21, 20242 yr 24 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said: heck if they bring back nick, how is it going to affect the players like smith, brown, swift, hurts? i wouldnt blame them if they want out because we have a front office that's not committed to winning. They all like Siri
January 21, 20242 yr Best we can hope for on offense is a Michael clay type turnaround. Best we can hope for on defense is a hc style dc who can take over next year after nick is promoted.
January 21, 20242 yr 2 hours ago, NOTW said: At least a new DC?? Brian Johnson better be gone, too. You keep Siri and Johnson and you have the same sheeeiiit show for 2024.
January 21, 20242 yr 6 hours ago, judunno said: Time for a Miss Purdy turnover The guy has a very punchable face.
January 22, 20242 yr On 1/20/2024 at 3:47 PM, Swimm said: I'm so annoyed right now that this clown is coming back.. The fanbase is in strong opposition to rationality and long term thinking so that's expected. Me on the other hand, I'm glad the fans don't run the Eagles.
January 22, 20242 yr 4 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said: The fanbase is in strong opposition to rationality and long term thinking so that's expected. Me on the other hand, I'm glad the fans don't run the Eagles. I don’t think the onion to fire Sirianni is an irrational one though. There’s a lot of good reason to fire him and not many to bring him back.
January 22, 20242 yr 15 minutes ago, Jeep_man said: Great Sirianni will be back. Just the news I needed to hear, FML.... Yeah I mean it really isn't good if he is indeed back. I know he has a really impressive record as Eagles HC and I know he has made the play offs in his 3 years as HC but the way this all fell apart can't be ignored. Would any other team in the league hire him if he were available? I suspect not.
January 22, 20242 yr 3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said: I don’t think the onion to fire Sirianni is an irrational one though. There’s a lot of good reason to fire him and not many to bring him back. I actually feel like there's not a lot of reasons to fire him unless you're more or less doing nothing but projecting, and projecting based on low points is often a pretty bad idea. Doug with Mike Groh looked pretty poor at times as well, and he had Schwartz to back him up. I don't really have a lot of evidence to show that Doug with these coordinators would have had much better results. I refuse to not consider what structure other coaches in Eagles history had and how that affects things. A lot of others refuse to consider any of the circumstances in such a way, so yes, I find the notion that there's a lot of reasons to fire him irrational.
January 22, 20242 yr 25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said: Yeah I mean it really isn't good if he is indeed back. I know he has a really impressive record as Eagles HC and I know he has made the play offs in his 3 years as HC but the way this all fell apart can't be ignored. Would any other team in the league hire him if he were available? I suspect not. Ask the question 'would you hire a coach at a similarly low point if said coach is unproven' about other coaches in the league. You'll find that the list that will likely get jobs is slim, mostly because of being unproven.
January 22, 20242 yr 25 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said: I actually feel like there's not a lot of reasons to fire him unless you're more or less doing nothing but projecting, and projecting based on low points is often a pretty bad idea. Doug with Mike Groh looked pretty poor at times as well, and he had Schwartz to back him up. I don't really have a lot of evidence to show that Doug with these coordinators would have had much better results. I refuse to not consider what structure other coaches in Eagles history had and how that affects things. A lot of others refuse to consider any of the circumstances in such a way, so yes, I find the notion that there's a lot of reasons to fire him irrational. He was the HC of a team that collapsed from 10-1 to exit in the wildcard round of the playoffs. A collapse not only in results but in every sense and the players just gave up. There is nothing to suggest he can turn this team around. He did nothing to stem the bleeding when things started to go wrong we just saw the same nonsense.
January 22, 20242 yr Definitely seems like Sirianni is staying. I hope Lurie isn't making this decision based on the broad view of his resume the past 3 seasons. It should be based on the confidence level of if he is capable of fixing the train wreck he masterminded. If next season proves to be another disaster where Sirianni AGAIN looks like the main culprit/idiot, that would be a really bad look for Lurie and what went into his decision to retain Nick.
January 22, 20242 yr 5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said: He was the HC of a team that collapsed from 10-1 to exit in the wildcard round of the playoffs. A collapse not only in results but in every sense and the players just gave up. There is nothing to suggest he can turn this team around. He did nothing to stem the bleeding when things started to go wrong we just saw the same nonsense. This. And....if we bring in a veteran OC and DC...then what exactly does Nick do here? Why would players even listen to him? That model is not sustainable. he needs to go
January 22, 20242 yr 6 minutes ago, The Norseman said: This. And....if we bring in a veteran OC and DC...then what exactly does Nick do here? Why would players even listen to him? That model is not sustainable. he needs to go That's my thing too. If we have someone running the offense entirely and someone running the defense then what is he doing? Right now this is his offense... Trouble is it just isn't good.
January 22, 20242 yr 14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said: That's my thing too. If we have someone running the offense entirely and someone running the defense then what is he doing? Right now this is his offense... Trouble is it just isn't good. Organizations aren't designed to work with cloudy reporting lines like that. In my mind, the biggest problem we have at the moment is that Howie carries too much decision weight and therefore the best we will get is a puppet for a head coach. Being this as it is...why wouldn't they keep nick?
January 22, 20242 yr 6 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said: I actually feel like there's not a lot of reasons to fire him unless you're more or less doing nothing but projecting, and projecting based on low points is often a pretty bad idea. Doug with Mike Groh looked pretty poor at times as well, and he had Schwartz to back him up. I don't really have a lot of evidence to show that Doug with these coordinators would have had much better results. I refuse to not consider what structure other coaches in Eagles history had and how that affects things. A lot of others refuse to consider any of the circumstances in such a way, so yes, I find the notion that there's a lot of reasons to fire him irrational. I have little patience for people who can't see the crap on the wall today. What the actually F are you talking about? The MOFO doesn't know either side of the ball and absolutely sucks as a coach unless he has good coordinators to lean on. Doug should have been fired so WTF are you even talking about. He sucks worse than Doug. Great....glad he is staying! You like having a worthless coach who needs a crutch. Got it. Winning doesn't matter worth a crap if you don't bring anything to the table. That can be chalked up to luck and the talent on your team. When it was time for him to make game plans he sucked. When he needed to pull his team out of a 7 week nosedive he sucked. When he needed to help his franchise QB improve he sucked. When he needed to motivate his players to look like they gave a damn he couldn't do a damn thing. So congratulations on being happy that dippshittt is back. He's no talent asssclown that adds nothing to that team. When we waste next year, because we will rooting for this team, I hope you will be happy f'ing away time some vet players don't have left.
January 22, 20242 yr 1 hour ago, Diehardfan said: I have little patience for people who can't see the crap on the wall today. What the actually F are you talking about? The MOFO doesn't know either side of the ball and absolutely sucks as a coach unless he has good coordinators to lean on. Doug should have been fired so WTF are you even talking about. He sucks worse than Doug. Great....glad he is staying! You like having a worthless coach who needs a crutch. Got it. Winning doesn't matter worth a crap if you don't bring anything to the table. That can be chalked up to luck and the talent on your team. When it was time for him to make game plans he sucked. When he needed to pull his team out of a 7 week nosedive he sucked. When he needed to help his franchise QB improve he sucked. When he needed to motivate his players to look like they gave a damn he couldn't do a damn thing. So congratulations on being happy that dippshittt is back. He's no talent asssclown that adds nothing to that team. When we waste next year, because we will rooting for this team, I hope you will be happy f'ing away time some vet players don't have left. i got a feeling this going to end up worst than anyone ever imagined like alot of players are going to be leaving and i dont think any fas are coming here, i'll be shocked if this is the same team next year.
January 22, 20242 yr 2 hours ago, Diehardfan said: I have little patience for people who can't see the crap on the wall today. What the actually F are you talking about? The MOFO doesn't know either side of the ball and absolutely sucks as a coach unless he has good coordinators to lean on. Doug should have been fired so WTF are you even talking about. He sucks worse than Doug. Great....glad he is staying! You like having a worthless coach who needs a crutch. Got it. Winning doesn't matter worth a crap if you don't bring anything to the table. That can be chalked up to luck and the talent on your team. When it was time for him to make game plans he sucked. When he needed to pull his team out of a 7 week nosedive he sucked. When he needed to help his franchise QB improve he sucked. When he needed to motivate his players to look like they gave a damn he couldn't do a damn thing. So congratulations on being happy that dippshittt is back. He's no talent asssclown that adds nothing to that team. When we waste next year, because we will rooting for this team, I hope you will be happy f'ing away time some vet players don't have left. At this point I've made countless posts explaining exactly why I think going around tossing coaches left and right when they seem to struggle is an extremely bad idea. At the end of the day, you toss coaches because you're hoping to get ones that are talented. Talented coaches that people *know* are talented, rather than scouring under every rock to try to find the next generational coach that is actually desperate enough to come to an unstable Philadelphia with sky high expectations. Doug *is* a good person to compare to because in comparison, by the standards of what others feel is bringing something to the table, he certainly brought things. People here are absolutely obsessed with who calls plays and insist every day that it's required for a head coach to call plays (despite evidence to the opposite in the league), and Doug also called plays. He had a bad season at the end but that's really not what I'm talking about. I'm saying that once again, there's no evidence he would have had results that are any better, with this coordinator structure. But you want ones that are successful regardless of their coordinators? I mean sure, go ahead, but the list of those guys isn't very long. Your best bet might be this year with some of the names on the market...reason to fire Nick maybe? ...Until you realize that exactly none of them would get along with Howie Roseman and you're right where you started again. I sincerely think that structure of coaching staff matters. Andy Reid had Jim Johnson for the vast majority of his era here, and once he didn't, things went downhill pretty quickly. Doug had Jim Schwartz for his entire era here. Those are two of the most successful eras by different metrics in Eagles history, with a pretty clear commonality. Andy Reid and Doug were stubborn AF too with plenty of bonehead decisions but they had backup from experienced guys on the other side of the ball that always created a stable floor. Sirianni on the other hand hasn't had a single coordinator older than him on either side of the ball for his entire tenure. So by your metrics, every moderately successful coach in modern Eagles history 'needed a crutch'. We'll have to get damn lucky to find one that doesn't, doubly so if we start firing coaches frequently rather than actually working with them, triply so with Howie Roseman being a non-football guy and effectively ensuring any coach that comes here will be fired rather than himself if anything goes wrong.. Which is why I believe in actually trying to work with Sirianni and give him a chance to work on these flaws and actually have the structure some of our best coaches in recent history were afforded. I'm not even saying it'll go well, but I think it's important for the reasons above, and once again, good luck winning the SB with a rookie coach anyway. Any questions? Am I clear now? Good. I get it, it's hard to think long term, but when the subject is about achieving lasting success in an organization, that's a really important thing to do.
January 22, 20242 yr 8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said: He was the HC of a team that collapsed from 10-1 to exit in the wildcard round of the playoffs. A collapse not only in results but in every sense and the players just gave up. There is nothing to suggest he can turn this team around. He did nothing to stem the bleeding when things started to go wrong we just saw the same nonsense. The above post might as well be for you too, because you made one of the points DHF made, I'm too lazy to respond to both.
Create an account or sign in to comment