Fire Sirianni

rrfierce

Nice loooooong news blackout from the Eagles. I stopped chcking the news- F 'em! 

6 hours ago, Thing3 said:

And how does a different coach change any of the things you mentioned? Can a new coach free up cap space? Make old players young? In some ways hasn't that free fall already begun?

Even with cap problems bringing a new coach, new offensive scheme and defensive scheme will be a start. At least if gives you a head start on turning things around. Siri had two months to right the ship and it actually sunk further. There is not much in the way of player development for whatever reason. Barnett not good enough to get decent playing time here yet goes to a new team and is playing a lot and looks like a totally different player (scheme better elsewhere?). Also, SIri's offense consists of a few simple plays that other teams, even bad teams, have had no problem stopping for weeks  at a time for 7 consecutive weeks. No adjustments week after week despite plays not working.  I haven't seen anything to indicate he can turn things around given he had 7 games which for the most part he had the team totally unprepared. 

Add to all this the admission of players that the at least once that we know of they ignore the play call and do their own thing tells me that even the players don't have faith in his system. I am sure if we know about one time it has happened before. He seems to have flamed out. Also he comes across as more of a fan cheerleader Coach. The team clearly lacks discipline and that flows down from the top. Teams adjusted to Siri and he didn't show the ability to make an adjustment and it was rinse and repeat every week for nearly two months.

I guess the plus is he will probably end up "leading" us to a top 5 pick next season and then a new group will surely be brought in to turn things around. Although if they could get Harbaugh they should make the change now without delay. 

heck if they bring back nick, how is it going to affect the players like smith, brown, swift, hurts? i wouldnt blame them if they want out because we have a front office that's not committed to winning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

heck if they bring back nick, how is it going to affect the players like smith, brown, swift, hurts? i wouldnt blame them if they want out because we have a front office that's not committed to winning.

They all like Siri

• Haha 1

Best we can hope for on offense is a Michael clay type turnaround. Best we can hope for on defense is a hc style dc who can take over next year after nick is promoted. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

if they keep Nick they better not keep BJ as OC 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

At least a new DC?? Brian Johnson better be gone, too. You keep Siri and Johnson and you have the same sheeeiiit show for 2024.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

6 hours ago, judunno said:

Time for a Miss Purdy turnover 

The guy has a very punchable face.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 3:47 PM, Swimm said:

I'm so annoyed right now that this clown is coming back.. 

The fanbase is in strong opposition to rationality and long term thinking so that's expected. Me on the other hand, I'm glad the fans don't run the Eagles.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

The fanbase is in strong opposition to rationality and long term thinking so that's expected. Me on the other hand, I'm glad the fans don't run the Eagles.

I don’t think the onion to fire Sirianni is an irrational one though. There’s a lot of good reason to fire him and not many to bring him back.

• Thanks 1

Great Sirianni will be back.

Just the news I needed to hear, FML....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Great Sirianni will be back.

Just the news I needed to hear, FML....

Yeah I mean it really isn't good if he is indeed back. I know he has a really impressive record as Eagles HC and I know he has made the play offs in his 3 years as HC but the way this all fell apart can't be ignored. Would any other team in the league hire him if he were available? I suspect not.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don’t think the onion to fire Sirianni is an irrational one though. There’s a lot of good reason to fire him and not many to bring him back.

I actually feel like there's not a lot of reasons to fire him unless you're more or less doing nothing but projecting, and projecting based on low points is often a pretty bad idea. Doug with Mike Groh looked pretty poor at times as well, and he had Schwartz to back him up. I don't really have a lot of evidence to show that Doug with these coordinators would have had much better results.

I refuse to not consider what structure other coaches in Eagles history had and how that affects things. A lot of others refuse to consider any of the circumstances in such a way, so yes, I find the notion that there's a lot of reasons to fire him irrational.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean it really isn't good if he is indeed back. I know he has a really impressive record as Eagles HC and I know he has made the play offs in his 3 years as HC but the way this all fell apart can't be ignored. Would any other team in the league hire him if he were available? I suspect not.

Ask the question 'would you hire a coach at a similarly low point if said coach is unproven' about other coaches in the league. You'll find that the list that will likely get jobs is slim, mostly because of being unproven. 

25 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I actually feel like there's not a lot of reasons to fire him unless you're more or less doing nothing but projecting, and projecting based on low points is often a pretty bad idea. Doug with Mike Groh looked pretty poor at times as well, and he had Schwartz to back him up. I don't really have a lot of evidence to show that Doug with these coordinators would have had much better results.

I refuse to not consider what structure other coaches in Eagles history had and how that affects things. A lot of others refuse to consider any of the circumstances in such a way, so yes, I find the notion that there's a lot of reasons to fire him irrational.

He was the HC of a team that collapsed from 10-1 to exit in the wildcard round of the playoffs. A collapse not only in results but in every sense and the players just gave up. There is nothing to suggest he can turn this team around. He did nothing to stem the bleeding when things started to go wrong we just saw the same nonsense. 

• Like 4

Definitely seems like Sirianni is staying.  I hope Lurie isn't making this decision based on the broad view of his resume the past 3 seasons.  It should be based on the confidence level of if he is capable of fixing the train wreck he masterminded.  

If next season proves to be another disaster where Sirianni AGAIN looks like the main culprit/idiot, that would be a really bad look for Lurie and what went into his decision to retain Nick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He was the HC of a team that collapsed from 10-1 to exit in the wildcard round of the playoffs. A collapse not only in results but in every sense and the players just gave up. There is nothing to suggest he can turn this team around. He did nothing to stem the bleeding when things started to go wrong we just saw the same nonsense. 

This.  And....if we bring in a veteran OC and DC...then what exactly does Nick do here?  Why would players even listen to him?  That model is not sustainable. 

he needs to go   

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

This.  And....if we bring in a veteran OC and DC...then what exactly does Nick do here?  Why would players even listen to him?  That model is not sustainable. 

he needs to go   

That's my thing too. If we have someone running the offense entirely and someone running the defense then what is he doing? Right now this is his offense... Trouble is it just isn't good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's my thing too. If we have someone running the offense entirely and someone running the defense then what is he doing? Right now this is his offense... Trouble is it just isn't good.

Organizations aren't designed to work with cloudy reporting lines like that.  In my mind, the biggest problem we have at the moment is that Howie carries too much decision weight and therefore the best we will get is a puppet for a head coach.  Being this as it is...why wouldn't they keep nick?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I have little patience for people who can't see the crap on the wall today. What the actually F are you talking about? The MOFO doesn't know either side of the ball and absolutely sucks as a coach unless he has good coordinators to lean on. Doug should have been fired so WTF are you even talking about. He sucks worse than Doug. Great....glad he is staying!

You like having a worthless coach who needs a crutch. Got it. Winning doesn't matter worth a crap if you don't bring anything to the table. That can be chalked up to luck and the talent on your team.

When it was time for him to make game plans he sucked.

When he needed to pull his team out of a 7 week nosedive he sucked.

When he needed to help his franchise QB improve he sucked.

When he needed to motivate his players to look like they gave a damn he couldn't do a damn thing.

So congratulations on being happy that dippshittt is back. He's no talent asssclown that adds nothing to that team. When we waste next year, because we will rooting for this team, I hope you will be happy f'ing away time some vet players don't have left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I have little patience for people who can't see the crap on the wall today. What the actually F are you talking about? The MOFO doesn't know either side of the ball and absolutely sucks as a coach unless he has good coordinators to lean on. Doug should have been fired so WTF are you even talking about. He sucks worse than Doug. Great....glad he is staying!

You like having a worthless coach who needs a crutch. Got it. Winning doesn't matter worth a crap if you don't bring anything to the table. That can be chalked up to luck and the talent on your team.

When it was time for him to make game plans he sucked.

When he needed to pull his team out of a 7 week nosedive he sucked.

When he needed to help his franchise QB improve he sucked.

When he needed to motivate his players to look like they gave a damn he couldn't do a damn thing.

So congratulations on being happy that dippshittt is back. He's no talent asssclown that adds nothing to that team. When we waste next year, because we will rooting for this team, I hope you will be happy f'ing away time some vet players don't have left.

• Like 1