Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fire Sirianni

Featured Replies

And just for some added spice on top, I find it very ironic that some of the same people who insisted Johnathan Gannon was garbage that needed to be fired for much of 2021 and 2022 are also now claiming that he was one of the 'fantastic coordinators' along with Shane, that was a crutch for Sirianni to rely upon and be carried by to any and all of the success he had.

Peak logic. Except unfortunately it's not.

 

3 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

I have little patience ...

 

 

1 hour ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

And just for some added spice on top, I find it very ironic that some of the same people who insisted Johnathan Gannon was garbage that needed to be fired for much of 2021 and 2022 are also now claiming that he was one of the 'fantastic coordinators' along with Shane, that was a crutch for Sirianni to rely upon and be carried by to any and all of the success he had.

Peak logic. Except unfortunately it's not.

 

Thought he blew it and cost us the Super Bowl, though he was going against the Jedi Master himself.  Then he came in our house this year and won when Siri couldn't get out of his own underwear.  So no fan of JG and looking forward to some payback.

Just want to jump ahead, to what seems like an inevitable conclusion of the regime.

Siri survives this year by blaming every one of his coordinators. They all depart. No more scapegoats to blame.

The new coaches come in.

Hired guns depart... What’s the point in sticking? Money? Hurts salary keeps escalating, so we will have less money.
Too many holes on the defense to fix in one draft. Sounds like several rebuilding years in my opinion.
Out goes Siri for a mediocre at best season 2024.

Your opinion, if you see it differently welcome.

I dont see it any different at all, the coordinators were a dumpster fire this year and i cant imagine hiring a new DC and a new OC will fix all the problems Howie and Lurie have created.

This franchise is more than a new OC and DC away from being a serious contender.

If he doesn't change things in the game plan then he's likely not going to make it to 2025

Aboslutely can not look like the end of 2023 where the team just appeared to not care

Siri appeared to be safe on his HC job.  He will appear with Howie on a Wed presser.  Let's see what he has to tell us in terms of what happened and what is coming in the offseason.

I still think there's an outside chance that Siri gets the boot this offseason.  Let's see how all this coordinator search shakes out.

21 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

And just for some added spice on top, I find it very ironic that some of the same people who insisted Johnathan Gannon was garbage that needed to be fired for much of 2021 and 2022 are also now claiming that he was one of the 'fantastic coordinators' along with Shane, that was a crutch for Sirianni to rely upon and be carried by to any and all of the success he had.

Peak logic. Except unfortunately it's not.

 

Gannon coming into Philly and basically out coaching Sirianni is alone a friable offense. If you’re claiming that Gannon can’t coach, but he out coaches Sirianni then what does that say about him? 

Just now, Procus said:

I still think there's an outside chance that Siri gets the boot this offseason.  Let's see how all this coordinator search shakes out.

If they’re going to blow it up with both coordinators then what is the point of trying to keep the head coach. The only reason here is Sirianni has no pride in himself and is bending over backwards to be Howie and Lurie’s puppet. 

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If they’re going to blow it up with both coordinators then what is the point of trying to keep the head coach. The only reason here is Sirianni has no pride in himself and is bending over backwards to be Howie and Lurie’s puppet. 

The worry here is that whilst BJ had to go what’s the point if it’s still Sirianni offensive scheme?

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The worry here is that whilst BJ had to go what’s the point if it’s still Sirianni offensive scheme?

I don’t know considering Sirianni himself doesn’t even know how to coach or in game call it. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know considering Sirianni himself doesn’t even know how to coach it. 

Exactly! So unless his plan is to bring in a new OC to run the offense themselves I’m not sure this works. And if that is his plan then what is Sirianni doing?

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The worry here is that whilst BJ had to go what’s the point if it’s still Sirianni offensive scheme?

Sirianni has now proven on multiple occasions that he can neither design nor call a viable offense.  I'll say it again...If he's not going to design or call offensive plays then what value does he bring?

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Gannon coming into Philly and basically out coaching Sirianni is alone a friable offense. If you’re claiming that Gannon can’t coach, but he out coaches Sirianni then what does that say about him? 

My assertion was, specifically, that it's laughable that people are now suddenly considering him Sirianni's crutch. And while I get what you're saying, you must have forgotten how Andy Reid was routinely outcoached by a literal ??? for ???? reasons year in and year out. We used to describe it as 'losing games we should win' on a fairly regular basis.

That obviously was not a good result. But honestly, I just don't think there's a lot of other good options in terms of organizational stability. People here in Philly are ultra impatient right now, development of a young coach is not an option. But like I said in my prior post, you can't get any of the older ones in this cycle, they'll never get along with Howie. 

So, I think you have to actually provide structure like literally all our 2000 and after successful coaches (so excluding Chip) got and kick the tires.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The worry here is that whilst BJ had to go what’s the point if it’s still Sirianni offensive scheme?

More than likely isn't going to stay this way. I think it's going to end up rebuilt over the offseason. I've mentioned this a couple times but I think that offense in general is only fringe NFL viable, and it's not really due to Siri, I think he was just taught a flawed scheme. Shane seems to be the only one to implement it to good results and he was in his first year so the tape isn't necessarily out on him yet. Even with Reich, it doesn't seem to work all that well.

This is, as I've said many, many times, the problem with hiring young head coaches. With less experience, they have less backup cards. This is also something that as a GM, you should REALLY understand when hiring them. If you hire young coaches and expect no growing pains, you're an idiot and need to have your coach hiring permissions removed.

I think at least in Philadelphia, because people have gotten so impatient, it's important for any future Head Coach hires to have significant experience as a NFL coordinator, several years. Not one, not two, several years, and maybe college head coach experience. Can't be hiring raw coaches here, crap just isn't going to work.

Also, I have one more thing to say. I'm honestly surprised that after the debacle that was the fans claiming Frank Reich should have been kept because he held all the keys to the 2018 Super Bowl victory, people still haven't figured this out.

Sometimes in the NFL, the success is actually created by neither of two people working together, but because the two people are working together. Doug and Frank Reich were better as a team than they are apart. It doesn't have to be all one person or another person, sometimes it is the collaboration between them that results in the product.

Fans try really hard to assign it as a single person is the cause for the successful product, who is the one that it is, etc etc. But in reality, sometimes, it's because the group is working in collaboration that the results are what they are. I think this is an extremely undervalued aspect and really should come into consideration more often.

15 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Also, I have one more thing to say. I'm honestly surprised that after the debacle that was the fans claiming Frank Reich should have been kept because he held all the keys to the 2018 Super Bowl victory, people still haven't figured this out.

Sometimes in the NFL, the success is actually created by neither of two people working together, but because the two people are working together. Doug and Frank Reich were better as a team than they are apart. It doesn't have to be all one person or another person, sometimes it is the collaboration between them that results in the product.

Fans try really hard to assign it as a single person is the cause for the successful product, who is the one that it is, etc etc. But in reality, sometimes, it's because the group is working in collaboration that the results are what they are. I think this is an extremely undervalued aspect and really should come into consideration more often.

Adding onto this, having DeFillipo on the staff as QB coach seemed a big benefit as well. He was tough on Wentz and I think it’s safe to say that was needed. 

Milwaukee Bucks fired their coach as a 2 seed. Why can't we fire Sirianni?

6 hours ago, Procus said:

I still think there's an outside chance that Siri gets the boot this offseason.  Let's see how all this coordinator search shakes out.

If the coordinator stinks...Siri should get fired with the new coordinator.

If the coordinator does good...Promote the coordinator and fire Siri..(Siri is a paper holder until someone with talent is brought in).

Bottom Line..FIRE SIRI!

3 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Milwaukee Bucks fired their coach as a 2 seed. Why can't we fire Sirianni?

Embiid scored 70 points last night. Why can't AJ Brown score 70 points a game?! <_<

7 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

My assertion was, specifically, that it's laughable that people are now suddenly considering him Sirianni's crutch. And while I get what you're saying, you must have forgotten how Andy Reid was routinely outcoached by a literal ??? for ???? reasons year in and year out. We used to describe it as 'losing games we should win' on a fairly regular basis.

That obviously was not a good result. But honestly, I just don't think there's a lot of other good options in terms of organizational stability. People here in Philly are ultra impatient right now, development of a young coach is not an option. But like I said in my prior post, you can't get any of the older ones in this cycle, they'll never get along with Howie. 

So, I think you have to actually provide structure like literally all our 2000 and after successful coaches (so excluding Chip) got and kick the tires.

Overall I just don’t see how forcing a new OC and DC on Sirianni fixes the problems and with him going into the season in the final season of his deal it feels like this is all a disaster waiting to happen. Just feels like way too much change combined with a lame duck coach and l don’t recall that ever being a great combination. 

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly! So unless his plan is to bring in a new OC to run the offense themselves I’m not sure this works. And if that is his plan then what is Sirianni doing?

Motivational speeches.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Overall I just don’t see how forcing a new OC and DC on Sirianni fixes the problems and with him going into the season in the final season of his deal it feels like this is all a disaster waiting to happen. Just feels like way too much change combined with a lame duck coach and l don’t recall that ever being a great combination. 

The show will go on. It will stink..but there will be new faces.

What time does defense attorney Howie give his opening statement in defense of Sirianni? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.