Fire Sirianni

rrfierce

7 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I'm hoping you don't mean the owner with this part. Because frankly, if that was me, I wouldn't take that kind of disrespect. I'd tell him to fire me now. Just in the vein of self-respect.

If I get the blame for everything that goes wrong and no credit for everything that goes right, it's a waste of my time and I might as well just take the pay for my last year (HC contracts are guaranteed), invest that time in fixing any issues that I have as a coach (TL: Go learn from some of the good, older, NFL minds) and working towards getting a reset at OC in 2025.

The fact Nick has lost any real power regarding plays called on offense and defense it doesn’t leave much room for Nick to get much praise here, but let’s say for a moment the Eagles defy all logic and win the bowl next season. Do you know what happens? Moore likely gets a HC gig and Sirianni is back to needed to find another coordinator assuming he gets an extension. Then the Eagles are back to square one. More credit will be given to the coordinators Sirianni chooses than his head coaching abilities. I mean how can Nick ever get out of the shadows of his coordinators if all of his success is based on who they are? I’ll add the idea of the owner disrespect has already played out here. Did you forget the presser Pederson had with Roseman only to be fired by Lurie a few day later, because Doug refused to let them control his coaching staff anymore? If Sirianni didn’t fold and refused to let the FO change his staff he was gone. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I'm hoping you don't mean the owner with this part. Because frankly, if that was me, I wouldn't take that kind of disrespect. I'd tell him to fire me now. Just in the vein of self-respect.

If I get the blame for everything that goes wrong and no credit for everything that goes right, it's a waste of my time and I might as well just take the pay for my last year (HC contracts are guaranteed), invest that time in fixing any issues that I have as a coach (TL: Go learn from some of the good, older, NFL minds) and working towards getting a reset at OC in 2025.

Strong leaders give credit for success to others, and accept blame for the things that went wrong. That's Leadership 101 

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The fact Nick has lost any real power regarding plays called on offense and defense it doesn’t leave much room for Nick to get much praise here, but let’s say for a moment the Eagles defy all logic and win the bowl next season. Do you know what happens? Moore likely gets a HC gig and Sirianni is back to needed to find another coordinator assuming he gets an extension. Then the Eagles are back to square one. More credit will be given to the coordinators Sirianni chooses than his head coaching abilities. I mean how can Nick ever get out of the shadows of his coordinators if all of his success is based on who they are? I’ll add the idea of the owner disrespect has already played out here. Did you forget the presser Pederson had with Roseman only to be fired by Lurie a few day later, because Doug refused to let them control his coaching staff anymore? If Sirianni didn’t fold and refused to let the FO change his staff he was gone. 

Idk, ask Ravens coach @ how to get out of the shadow.

Also, what? Duh, we all know how it played out here before. I'm saying if that was the circumstance and it was to that degree I wouldn't have even accepted coming back. The reason I said 'insist they fire me' rather than 'resign' is because if they fire you, you keep your paycheck due to the way coaches contracts work. Thus, you don't want to resign in that circumstance, you want to be fired.

But the thing is, and this is really important. Nick was correct to agree the coaching staff needed changes, because just like with Doug, it did. Doug was unreasonable and that's why he got fired in the first place. What I was responding to, though, was the scenario you described. If things are considered that bad from owner perspective, you might as well leave with your money and work on your craft. If your boss relations are terrible to the point where it's unfixable, you get paid for the year either way, and you know to continue in your line of work, you must improve your craft, why stay? 

6 hours ago, JohnB said:

Strong leaders give credit for success to others, and accept blame for the things that went wrong. That's Leadership 101 

There's a difference between having humility and being a whipping boy. There's also a difference between receiving some credit and taking all the credit. It's not black and white, and you must understand nuance to be a strong leader. That's leadership 201.

3 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Idk, ask Ravens coach @ how to get out of the shadow.

Also, what? Duh, we all know how it played out here before. I'm saying if that was the circumstance and it was to that degree I wouldn't have even accepted coming back. The reason I said 'insist they fire me' rather than 'resign' is because if they fire you, you keep your paycheck due to the way coaches contracts work. Thus, you don't want to resign in that circumstance, you want to be fired.

But the thing is, and this is really important. Nick was correct to agree the coaching staff needed changes, because just like with Doug, it did. Doug was unreasonable and that's why he got fired in the first place. What I was responding to, though, was the scenario you described. If things are considered that bad from owner perspective, you might as well leave with your money and work on your craft. If your boss relations are terrible to the point where it's unfixable, you get paid for the year either way, and you know to continue in your line of work, you must improve your craft, why stay? 

Nick stayed, because no one else would be so quick to give him another HC and because he’s okay with letting the owner and GM run things. He’s okay with the OC and the DC also run things. I’m just not exactly sure what exactly does Sirianni run. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nick stayed, because no one else would be so quick to give him another HC and because he’s okay with letting the owner and GM run things. He’s okay with the OC and the DC also run things. I’m just not exactly sure what exactly does Sirianni run. 

yeah he's basically saying that he's ok being a cheerleader hype yes man , which is probably his best job. His offence sucks and he sucks at play calling.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rrfierce said:

yeah he's basically saying that he's ok being a cheerleader hype yes man , which is probably his best job. His offence sucks and he sucks at play calling.

But I guess from his perspective he’s still employed getting paid a lot of money to essentially hang around with people he seems to like… From his side you can’t really blame him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But I guess from his perspective he’s still employed getting paid a lot of money to essentially hang around with people he seems to like… From his side you can’t really blame him.

No matter how you slice it he’s been chosen to have one of the most coveted jobs out there. One has to wonder if he gets another chance after this one. 

17 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

No matter how you slice it he’s been chosen to have one of the most coveted jobs out there. One has to wonder if he gets another chance after this one. 

I think a lot of Eagles fans tend to overstate how awfully the rest of the league views their coaching hires and massively overestimates the influence of Offensive Coordinators ("Reich / Steichen were the brains behind the success"), Doug was fired after a godawful season and ended up walking into another job pretty much as soon as he was ready and has done a solid but unspectacular Doug Pederson job at the Jags, if Sirianni left the Eagles Tomorrow he'd be a head coach who went to the play offs 3 years in a row, maybe he has to go back to being an OC for a spell, but if Raheem Morris, Todd Bowles and Dan Quinn can get another shot at HC then I'm pretty sure Sirianni can.

Sirianni's goose was cooked when he canned Desai, if he'd left Desai in place until the end of the season he picks up another couple of wins and probably enters the playoffs as 2 seed, from there he could dictate his staff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 7:23 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think a lot of Eagles fans tend to overstate how awfully the rest of the league views their coaching hires and massively overestimates the influence of Offensive Coordinators ("Reich / Steichen were the brains behind the success"), Doug was fired after a godawful season and ended up walking into another job pretty much as soon as he was ready and has done a solid but unspectacular Doug Pederson job at the Jags, if Sirianni left the Eagles Tomorrow he'd be a head coach who went to the play offs 3 years in a row, maybe he has to go back to being an OC for a spell, but if Raheem Morris, Todd Bowles and Dan Quinn can get another shot at HC then I'm pretty sure Sirianni can.

Sirianni's goose was cooked when he canned Desai, if he'd left Desai in place until the end of the season he picks up another couple of wins and probably enters the playoffs as 2 seed, from there he could dictate his staff.

We should have never fired Doug. He was not perfect..but he was more than good enough. We should have stuck with him no matter what. I don't care much for Siri. I do not see any value in his antics...no matter where he lands his next job.

• Like 1