Playoff schedule: Eagles (5) at Bucs (4): Monday 1/15 8pm ESPN/ABC

xxeaglesfanxx

The nfl shouldn’t have a Monday night game for the playoffs. This is gonna hurt the Bucs going into the divisional round. 

• Like 7

I can only assume that they scheduled this game for Monday because it's the 4 vs 5 seed and should be the closest and most exciting game due to that.  Of course it's not going to be, but I am guessing that's why it was scheduled this way and I'm hoping it was done before they knew which teams it would be.

They will probably somehow squeak out a win in another ugly showing, all so they can get absolutely destroyed the following week. 

• Like 1

Why would the NFL want to put mediocrity on it's prime time slot? 

• Like 1

TB will blitz the crap out of Hurts and he will be as usual a deer in the headlights. Winning this game is of no consequence. All it does it causes us to lose draft position for Howie to get an undersized, fastballz DE project in the first.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

So if they win

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

• Haha 1

I thought wildcard games were on Saturday and Sunday. Is this new or I'm misremembering?

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought wildcard games were on Saturday and Sunday. Is this new or I'm misremembering?

I think they used to be but don't we have an extra game now? Quite why we can't have 3 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday though is behind me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't remember monday night play off games, but it seems like half the NFL makes the playoffs now so I guess they need somewhere to put the extra games. Putting games on streaming services also sucks. F Goodell. 

• Like 4

The NFL wants to embarrass the Eagles on national tv. The players don't have the balls to rise to the occasion.
They will lay down and take their ass whooping like the little boys that they are.

• Like 1

I see a 20+ point arse whooping coming. The only chance the Eagles have is if I bet heavily on Tampa Bay (which Im tempted to do)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

I see a 20+ point arse whooping coming. The only chance the Eagles have is if I bet heavily on Tampa Bay (which Im tempted to do)

Beat you to it there. I found a -1.5 spread to Tampa and backed it. I mean I wanted more than -1.5 but ridiculously that is the best I could find here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

bet the house on tampa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

It's kinda new and more importantly, effing STUPID!!

I think I heard on 97.5 this morning that this will be the 4th or 5th MNF road game for the Birds this season. Which is an NFL record. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I don't remember monday night play off games, but it seems like half the NFL makes the playoffs now so I guess they need somewhere to put the extra games. Putting games on streaming services also sucks. F Goodell. 

Wait until they start with Tuesday @ 11PM games.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

So if they win, short week headed top San fran, why even bother watching

Yea.. WTF is this..For any team that is.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I think I heard on 97.5 this morning that this will be the 4th or 5th MNF road game for the Birds this season. Which is an NFL record. 

Thats ridiculous amount of times to force a team to play short weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

America loves to see the Eagles get their asses whooped.

• Haha 1

Baker is going to look like an MVP against this defense. Ugh :sad:

4 hours ago, Mortimer said:

They will probably somehow squeak out a win in another ugly showing, all so they can get absolutely destroyed the following week. 

Nah, they ain't winning this game. They quit a looooong time ago. A majority of the players just don't care. Of course, they no longer should be Eagles. But Howie and Lurie are manipulating things, too. National tv embarrassment, coming right up.

• Like 1

Calling it early:

Bucs - 33

Birds - 16

And I don't think the Bucs even scored a TD yesterday against the Panthers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

The nfl shouldn’t have a Monday night game for the playoffs. This is gonna hurt the Bucs going into the divisional round. 

Neither team is doing ish so that's probly why it us but the mon night playoff game is stupid regardless lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Baker is going to look like an MVP against this defense. Ugh :sad:

I miss the days when we only made no name RBs look like HOFers

14 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

if winning this game means we play SF, I'd rather crash out to the Bucs because I live in 49ers country and I hate these fans the most. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

It’s not out of the question that Stafford and the Rams go ruin the Lions season or the Packers get some playoff revenge on McCarthy and the cowturds.