Playoff schedule: Eagles (5) at Bucs (4): Monday 1/15 8pm ESPN/ABC

xxeaglesfanxx

They MUST run the ball 30+ times if they actually want to win. There is literally no other option. Start running down the clock in the 1st quarter to keep our terrible defense off the field. 

• Like 1

The NFL script writers want it easy for San Fran.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyEagles852 said:

They MUST run the ball 30+ times if they actually want to win. There is literally no other option. Start running down the clock in the 1st quarter to keep our terrible defense off the field. 

Nah if Swift goes off for 200 yards then they have to pay him a huge salalry...amirite Howie?

I mean what other explanation is there?

Hopefully TB ends them

• Like 1

I think we'll win, but god I wanted to get what would probably be the worst game over with first. Hopefully my prediction of a all road teams sweep pans out for the nfc

2 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Nah if Swift goes off for 200 yards then they have to pay him a huge salalry...amirite Howie?

We’ll draft an RB in the early rounds. Most likely it’ll be the wrong RB. There’s also an outside shot they pick up Henry who’ll be trending towards the downside of his career. But we’ll still have Gainwell if that makes anyone excited. 🤷

Final score - Bucs 33 - Eagles 21. 

Consider it a parting gift since we’d be saved from watching the 9’ers put up 62 on us the following week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, here goes....

The Eagles went vanilla for 5 games to fool everyone.
They come out in the playoffs and unload their REAL
offense and defense, fool everyone, and will win it all.
🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

To answer people's questions. The 14 team playoff format started in 2021. For that year they did 3 Saturday, 3 Sunday. I remember the Bills getting the 1pm Saturday game against the Colts.

In 2022 they switched it to the crappy format they do now with 2 Saturday, 3 Sunday, 1 Monday. In 2022 it was Rams vs. Cardinals (4 vs 5). Shockingly Rams won and won the whole Super Bowl. Crazy as playing on Monday is such a huge disadvantage.

In 2023 the Monday game was Cowboys vs. Bucs with the Cowboys winning, before they lost to the Niners the next week.

It seems like based on what they do a 4 vs. 5 match on Monday is a lock, and they always have done NFC so far.

• Sad 1

This might be the lowest rated MNF game all season.  It will be over by the end of the 1st Q

• Like 1

9 hours ago, opa-opa said:

I think it's that they don't want to be proven wrong (even though opposing teams prove it against them every week) that running is outdated and passing every play is the only way to win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mortimer said:

I think it's that they don't want to be proven wrong (even though opposing teams prove it against them every week) that running is outdated and passing every play is the only way to win.

I suspect in Lurie world passing is exciting/entertaining to the casual fan, running is not. Remember that Jeffrey is involved in the Hollywood entertainment biz and exciting/thrilling/entertaining is what sells.

• Sad 1

Was kinda hoping this would be a Saturday game ... since I have a gig I'll miss both Saturday games!  :lol:

And TBH I think the games on Saturday are going to be the best of the WC games.  

• Haha 1

We’ll know within the first quarter what kind of game it’s going to be. If the team shows no life after Q1, I’ll turn it off and look forward to reading all the conspiracy theories and chatter about exactly what happened in the locker room for these professionals to literally quit on the season. 

• Like 1

You all know what's going to happen right?  

They'll pull out an ugly win, Tampa will somehow choke and it will be another win that feels like a loss because they played sloppy or got lucky. A playoff win will make Siri's case to come back. Then they'll have to fly all the way across country to SF on a short week, to play the team that dominated them earlier. This time off a 2 week bye & even more hunger to get revenge for last year. 

NFL script writers couldn't have asked for a better scenario for the 49ers. :lol:

Gaaaah... I just know I am going to end up using a half day of leave so I can watch this 2am kickoff. It´s the playoffs, after all. But all these late games and Monday games... so many short weeks. Couple that with the schedule, no wonder the defense looks done in. And Monday playoff games should be fired into the middle of the sun

2 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Gaaaah... I just know I am going to end up using a half day of leave so I can watch this 2am kickoff. It´s the playoffs, after all. But all these late games and Monday games... so many short weeks. Couple that with the schedule, no wonder the defense looks done in. And Monday playoff games should be fired into the middle of the sun

There is literally no reason to have a PO game on a monday. It puts the team on a short week at a disavantage for no real reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rrfierce said:

There is literally no reason to have a PO game on a monday. It puts the team on a short week at a disavantage for no real reason.

I don't get why they don't do a 1pm, 4.30pm and 8pm game on both the Saturday and Sunday. Makes no sense to me why they wouldn't do that? A 1pm game on a Saturday for you guys in the States? That would be great.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rrfierce said:

I suspect there's a reason - NFL football $$$$ on another day. (some)Players are making $$$$$$, they can suck it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't get why they don't do a 1pm, 4.30pm and 8pm game on both the Saturday and Sunday. Makes no sense to me why they wouldn't do that? A 1pm game on a Saturday for you guys in the States? That would be great.

The only reason I can think of is viewer saturation. 3 games in 1 day may be seen as too many even though there have been 3 NFL games in one day before. I know after watching 3 games in one day I feel no longer interested in the 3rd game and may be inclined to turn it off and go to bed. Advertisers wouldn't like that.

5 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

The only reason I can think of is viewer saturation. 3 games in 1 day may be seen as too many even though there have been 3 NFL games in one day before. I know after watching 3 games in one day I feel no longer interested in the 3rd game.

And I get that but it would be different audiences. Like for each game you'd have the fans of those teams playing. Then you are going to have those who like football or perhaps have other interests in the game (rivalries, bets placed etc). I wouldn't sit and watch 3 games on both days but if I were in the States I'd probably watch 4 of the 6. 3 games on the Saturday would be a perfect excuse to hit the bars and watch the games having some drinks without having to think about a hangover at work.

15 hours ago, Eldereagle1 said:

We’ll know within the first quarter what kind of game it’s going to be. If the team shows no life after Q1, I’ll turn it off and look forward to reading all the conspiracy theories and chatter about exactly what happened in the locker room for these professionals to literally quit on the season. 

Pretty much this. If the defense comes out and just allows Tampa to drive up and down the field in the 1st quarter, then the birds are getting cooked.  Eagles have no shot whatsoever unless the defense can get stops and get off the field on 3rd downs. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And I get that but it would be different audiences. Like for each game you'd have the fans of those teams playing. Then you are going to have those who like football or perhaps have other interests in the game (rivalries, bets placed etc). I wouldn't sit and watch 3 games on both days but if I were in the States I'd probably watch 4 of the 6. 3 games on the Saturday would be a perfect excuse to hit the bars and watch the games having some drinks without having to think about a hangover at work.

Many people are off on Monday due to the holiday, so I'm sure a lot of people will be drinking Sat & Sun for the games. 

• Like 1