AJ Brown - deleted social media accounts; ruled out of Monday's game with knee injury

Road to Victory

What is going on with AJ? He just removed all his Eagles related photos from Instagram and deleted his Twitter account? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Confused 1

He’s laser focused on this game!

• Haha 3

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

He’s laser focused on this game!

Hope that’s all it is. 

He’s going to request a trade there’s no doubt about it in my mind. He’s not happy and he’s seeing the direction this team is going in and he’s going to want out.

• Like 4

Is he doing sit ups in his driveway yet??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He’s going to request a trade there’s no doubt about it in my mind. He’s not happy and he’s seeing the direction this team is going in and he’s going to want out.

Yup, I called this a few weeks ago and can't say I don't blame him. 

Bad coaching has absolutely ripped this team aprart, Howie and Lurie need to take a hard look in the mirror and wake the F up. 

Front office and personnel decisions are driving this organization into the ground. 

• Thanks 2

Best decision he's made. Especially for the playoffs. Wise decision and he'll have a big game Monday night.

• Like 1

Typical WR diva behaviour...

• Like 2

He wants the ball a lot more but we're a running team (even though we don't run the ball)

• Like 1

He’s too sensitive for this city. 

• Like 4

Everyone is quick to judge, but FWIW he deleted his socials last year as well..after a huge successful game.  He didn't want distraction from social media so he could focus on his play.

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/the-surprising-reason-brown-removed-social-media-off-his-phone/254515/

AJ Brown.PNG

• Like 5

I have no problem with people deleting their social media accounts. I think more and more people should do it. Society would be MUCH better off without it. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Hope it's nothing.

He's done this before.

If it's something, have to think the Eagles would get a haul of draft picks for him.

Eagles need a new defense.

Win-win.

Fans are so judgmental of athletes nit picking every little thing meaning they are a diva, entitled, immature, etc.  Meanwhile we're all posting on a sports discussion forum while working our jobs.  :lol:  

• When they use social media: they should get off social media and stay focused on the game!
  • When they delete social media: they're too soft, causing a distraction, they must want a trade!

I do think athletes should be aware of the potential reactions to their decisions.  He could have simply deleted his social media apps to not pay attention to it, turn off notifications, etc. instead of this.  No one had to know and it wouldn't be a story.  Same with not talking to the media, although with that I see his point that if he gave short nothing type answers people would criticize and create a narrative anyway.  

The guy has back to back 1,000 yards receiving, we finally have a beast top of the league wide receiver and fans want to run him out of town over interviews and social media. Does he do his job he's hired to do which is play football?  He's got 106 receptions for 1,456 yards.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

TO 2.0

That's ridiculous.

People conflating deleting social media with immaturity and being a diva says more about how warped society has become than it does about AJ Brown.

When you're a hammer you're always going to look for a nail. People have decided in their brains that AJ Brown is a problem(and baselessly at that) so anything he does will be unfairly viewed through that lens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Everyone is quick to judge, but FWIW he deleted his socials last year as well..after a huge successful game.  He didn't want distraction from social media so he could focus on his play.

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/the-surprising-reason-brown-removed-social-media-off-his-phone/254515/

AJ Brown.PNG

https://atozsports.com/philadelphia/a-j-brown-is-back-to-his-old-ways-and-thats-not-good-for-the-eagles/

He did it with the Titans as well

I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with his knee...no practice again today.  

19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have no problem with people deleting their social media accounts. I think more and more people should do it. Society would be MUCH better off without it. 

I have no issues with it either regardless of the reasons. I do think though that given the spotlight on these players when things like this happens they should be prepared with a statement or just a reason.

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I have no issues with it either regardless of the reasons. I do think though that given the spotlight on these players when things like this happens they should be prepared with a statement or just a reason.

Or they can just go about their business. This seems like part of the entitlement mentality all too common nowadays. AJ owes me nor anyone else an explanation for why he deleted his social media. 

Maybe his knee is still bad and he’s out of the game? Didn’t want the social media attention ? 

• Sad 1