AJ Brown - deleted social media accounts; ruled out of Monday's game with knee injury

Road to Victory

He (his social team) didn't delete anything. And just like people posting in here the OP didn't do their research. You just need to go to his IG and scroll right and surprise surprise it's all there. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

17 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Or they can just go about their business. This seems like part of the entitlement mentality all too common nowadays. AJ owes me nor anyone else an explanation for why he deleted his social media. 

It's interesting.  Because fans (and media) will be very critical of players being human, having personal lives, being on social media, going on vacation in the offseason, making a Christmas album for charity in the offseason when there's no football happening, tweeting about other games around the league at night while they're on their couch relaxing and their work for the day is done.  They see them doing anything other than practicing and they demand these players focus on the game!

Then when they turn off social media or don't want to talk to reporters and want to focus on the game, they still complain.  The only thing that should matter is if he plays well on the field and does his job in practice and preparation. Fans are so critical especially of young players yet we have celebrities middle aged and older that also do stupid things online.  

Their teammates and coaches and staff are the ones who will know if a player is being distracted, is disgruntled or a locker room problem.  So far, nothing from the team indicates AJ Brown is a problem at all.  The players support him, the coaches say he's a great teammate and his interview last week was mature and professional and he supported the coaches and said all the right things.  The things people point to are things that lots of players do.  He looked "heated" on the sideline with Hurts, or he shook his head once after a play.  Kelce does that stuff x1,000 and no one ever calls him a diva.  Other players get animated and emotional, players around the league do that. 

We will see how things develop, but I don't buy that he's disgruntled and wants a trade.  He's got 106 receptions and 1,400+ yards, and they're forcing the ball to him at times instead of to other open receivers.  He is frustrated with the team performance like they all are, but I don't buy that he wants out.  

• Like 4

Antonio Brown vibes. There is so much drama and tension going on with this team behind the scenes it’s scary

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

He’s too sensitive for this city. 

Maybe it's the other way around. 

People need to stop making up stories. 

47 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Maybe his knee is still bad and he’s out of the game? Didn’t want the social media attention ? 

It's been reported he's 50/50 to play, the fact that the team didn't provide any more detail after the injury is disappoinintg, but not suprising. 

AJ Brown is a beast some of you guys are crazy negative 

After 2017 SB win those vibes should be gone

Lets hope he’s good to go Monday night and has a great game 🦅 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

He (his social team) didn't delete anything. And just like people posting in here the OP didn't do their research. You just need to go to his IG and scroll right and surprise surprise it's all there. 

No tthats stuff he's tagged in. He's deleted it

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Birdman said:

Yup, I called this a few weeks ago and can't say I don't blame him. 

Bad coaching has absolutely ripped this team aprart, Howie and Lurie need to take a hard look in the mirror and wake the F up. 

Front office and personnel decisions are driving this organization into the ground. 

Coaching didnt make him fumble in all those games.

Btw, social media is a cancer on society.

• Like 2

I think he is trying to eliminate distractions so he can focus on the game.  I have no problem with this.  Let him be.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

If you know social media that’s all the posts the eagles have tagged him in, not the ones he posts on his own. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdman said:

Maybe it's the other way around. 

People need to stop making up stories. 

It's been reported he's 50/50 to play, the fact that the team didn't provide any more detail after the injury is disappoinintg, but not suprising. 

Na. He’s too sensitive 

I read that he did the same thing last year.  So if that is the case, what's the big deal?

For an athlete to delete social media? That's a GOOD thing.
They don't need that distraction at all. Good for AJ. Smart move.
They are still going to get their asses kicked by the Bucs, though. 🤣

• Thanks 1

I really don't care. I hope he plays and plays extremely well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

People conflating deleting social media with immaturity and being a diva says more about how warped society has become than it does about AJ Brown.

When you're a hammer you're always going to look for a nail. People have decided in their brains that AJ Brown is a problem(and baselessly at that) so anything he does will be unfairly viewed through that lens.

People listen to too much WIP and let those morons tell them what to think and believe.  

• Like 3

I feel like Athletes do this type of crap frequently. Who effing cares.

BUT, he didn't practice again today. So, he may not be playing on Monday night.

• Sad 1

Ive wanted him gone since he was running his mouth during the vikings game. If he stays great but i cant stand diva receivers.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher7154 said:

Ive wanted him gone since he was running his mouth during the vikings game. If he stays great but i cant stand diva receivers.

ALL receivers are divas.  Smitty might be the only humble elite WR we’ve ever witnessed.  

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

I feel like Athletes do this type of crap frequently. Who effing cares.

BUT, he didn't practice again today. So, he may not be playing on Monday night.

They do do it all the time.  He was being harassed on social media and tagged in garbage posts.  He’s blocking out the noise which is what he should be doing.  People are mistaking his passion and wanting to win with a "me first” attitude but they’re dead wrong about this guy.  Sure he wants the ball, he SHOULD!! He’s getting paid $25M so I’d WANT him to want the ball and I’d be damn sure to get him the ball.  

I really think this team simply thought they were so good they didn’t have to show up and play these games down the stretch.  It’s a simple as that.  If he plays, and I think he will, he’s going to have a T.O. like performance from the superbowl playing on a half broken leg.  

I think he’s shutting out the noise, rehabbing and getting treatment so he’s ready to play and I think he will go off if he does play.  

8 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

What is going on with AJ? He just removed all his Eagles related photos from Instagram and deleted his Twitter account? 

Call me old (33) but I miss the days when this stuff wasn't around for ppl to give a sheet about

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher7154 said:

You want to get rid of a 106 reception, 1400+ yards receiver because of social media? 

You want Reagor back?

:lol:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Call me old (33) but I miss the days when this stuff wasn't around for ppl to give a sheet about

Old? I got you by almost 20 years…

I feel the same way though. 

• Like 2