Procus

Oh no one less home game. Waa, waa

Cry me a river. Who fn cares

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Don't you have an old friend who's not allowed to post here who cares?

3 hours ago, Procus said:

Look for the opponent to be either the Steelers or Browns.  They are the only two Eagles home opponents who have 9 away games in 2024 and who aren't designated as having an international home game.

If the Chiefs win the SB, I suspect they would play at whoever the Eagles play in the Brazil game on Thursday Night Football in Week 2.  If the 49ers win the SB, I think they host the Cowboys in Week 1 and the Eagles then get the Cowboys either at home or in Dallas on Thursday Night Football in Week 2 (and if in Arlington, the Eagles would fly straight to Texas and practice there leading up to that game if on Thursday, probably using Globe Life Stadium, the former Texas Rangers home that was converted to a football/soccer stadium after the Rangers moved to their new park).  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

The dude abides.

I dated a woman in south FL for five years whose parents were from Minas Gerais.

Those were great times.

maxresdefault.jpg

How are these chicks from Florida yet still whiter than adding raisins to potato salad? That's a goddamn shame.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Know Life said:

How are these chicks from Florida yet still whiter than adding raisins to potato salad? That's a goddamn shame.

This is a random pic of a Thermas (Waterpark) from Brazil.

But yes those are the whitest Brazilian chicks I've ever seen.

My ex was was quite a few shades darker, but her ancestors had alot of Amazonian ancestry I think.

• Like 1

What did you think was going to happen when the regular season expanded to 17 games? Give it five years and all NFL teams will have an overseas game every year. London alone could sell out Wembley (just under 90k seats when adapted for an NFL game) a couple more times, and Tottenham Stadium (60k-ish) was partly designed as an NFL stadium. So, say two more. That´s 5 already. Berlin and Munich and Barcelona could easily sell out, that´s 8. Two in Mexico City, two more in Sao Paolo gives you 12. Throw in perhaps Toronto, Croke Park in Dublin both viable. That´s 14. You only need two more. Honolulu and Tokyo?

I know some people are talking about the Premier League having preseason friendlies in the US and elsewhere, but the PL did actually float the idea of having a 39th game, to be played overseas. The reason that didn´t fly (pardon the pun) is because in that league, each team plays each other team twice - once home, once away. there was no obvious way to make the 39th game work in the schedule without clearly favouring some teams over others, and there was a big fan backlash. With the NFL, as I remember fans were actively bemoaning having four preseason games and wanted more meaningful football. This is the result.

Finally, as an overseas fan, when the Eagles came to London I had one of the best weekends of my life. I was hearing Go Birds everywhere I went. I met fans from all over the US and elsewhere, I felt among my people. It was a once in a lifetime experience and I will never forget it. I don´t think that some of you in the US realise how much we value these games. 

• Like 3

The only thing I like about playing international games like this (when it's the Eagles), is that it gives me an opportunity to say F it and travel to go see them play.  I certainly wouldn't mind going to Brazil...but the date they're playing just isn't gonna work for me.  I went to see the Eagles in London back in 2018 and it was a blast!

• Like 1

The NFL has played 50 international games since 2005, which means 100 teams have played and that each franchise has played on average over 3.1 games overseas.  So far, the Eagles have played just one, and it was as an away team (beating Jacksonville 24-18 in London in 2018).

The NFL announced about three years ago that they are forcing each team to host at least one game overseas every eight seasons.

This Sao Paolo game is about as easy as could be on the Eagles -- they travel only one time zone, will have 9 days until their next game, and no game (at least no game that really counts) beforehand.

You can complain all you want, but there has probably been less disruption to the Eagles from international play than any other franchise.  The NFL is a business, and they see the international market as a way to expand the appeal and therefore the revenue and profits it can achieve, including through sales of television rights.  From the amount of NFL jerseys I see being worn and general coverage and availability of games on television when travelling in other countries (e.g., I watched several NFL games on South African TV this past fall during a two week trip, including an Eagles game), I would say it has been a very successful program.

Any ****ing about this game is simply tilting at windmills.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

The only thing I like about playing international games like this (when it's the Eagles), is that it gives me an opportunity to say F it and travel to go see them play.  I certainly wouldn't mind going to Brazil...but the date they're playing just isn't gonna work for me.  I went to see the Eagles in London back in 2018 and it was a blast!

Yup. I’m waiting to see the date and ticket prices myself. A 1/1 experience of a lifetime. 

I’m sure the players would rather travel to Brazil and hang out there for a week than go to Dallas, TX or Detroit. 

• Like 2

I think, eventually, all teams will have an international game every year. It makes sense, you play 8 games at home, 8 games away, and 1 game in another country. The bye weeks could come after the international game for all teams. This way, no one gets an extra home game and everyone has to travel once.

As someone who has gone to two games in Mexico, it's a very nice experience where all fans gather for the love of football even if you don't care about the two teams playing.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Godfather said:

WTF is wrong with you? Yeah, it does matter. Seasons come down to one game.

16 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

So Fletcher Cox is coming back on a team friendly deal?

No way he misses out on all that Brazilian chach.

You do realize he can go down to Brazil even if he isn't on the roster.  Many of us have done so and we're not on the roster of any NFL team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoEagles614 said:

Yup. I’m waiting to see the date and ticket prices myself. A 1/1 experience of a lifetime. 

I’m sure the players would rather travel to Brazil and hang out there for a week than go to Dallas, TX or Detroit. 

Sao Paulo is not the preferred destination in Brazil.  People don't realize that Brazil is a HUGE country - bigger than the continental U.S.

14 hours ago, Procus said:

Don't you have an old friend who's not allowed to post here who cares?

Shocker or olsilverhair? Neither care

35 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

WTF is wrong with you? Yeah, it does matter. Seasons come down to one game.

Win the games you should win. Who gives a f if it's a home or away game

Saw the news of this and thought please don't be the Packers game.

Buddy of mine is working over there for a couple of years, huge Packers fan and he's been based in Wisconsin.

Really wants to attend an Eagles game as he thinks the fans create am amazing atmosphere. 

So the stars align.and our teams are meeting in Philadelphia. 

Plans already afoot to meet up to see this. 

September is out for me so fingers crossed it's later on the schedule 

As an aside, as an away fan, how is he likely to get treated at the Linc ?

Bear in mind at our football, being in the wrong part of the stadium is something you really don't want to do 😬

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gregbwfc1 said:

Bear in mind at our football, being in the wrong part of the stadium is something you really don't want to do 😬

In general, away fans won’t experience any trouble if they act like decent human beings. They might get some mild ribbing on occasion, but if they’re good natured about it, they’ll be fine. If they’re loud and obnoxious, then trouble might find them.

Also, the Packers aren’t really rivals of ours so there isn’t that added element attached.

I’d also like to point out that in the US there really isn’t any kind of away section of the stadium. (Exception being college football I guess.) Fans just intermingle. It would probably be about a 90/10 ratio for the Eagles. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Procus said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-eagles-as-designated-team-for-brazil-game

NFL announces Eagles as designated team for Brazil game

Published: Feb 05, 2024 at 06:25 PM

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced on Monday that the Philadelphia Eagles are the designated team for the league's first-ever game in São Paulo, Brazil.

The Eagles' game in South America will take place during Week 1 against an opponent that will be revealed before the full 2024 regular-season schedule is released in the spring. The game will be played on Friday, Sept. 6, 2024, the first time the NFL has played a game on Friday night of Week 1 in over 50 years (Cardinals at Rams, Sept. 18, 1970).

"This landmark first international game in South America demonstrates the ongoing expansion of our global footprint," Goodell said in a press release. "Playing on Friday night of Week 1 is a unique way to highlight our international growth and ambitions."

The NFL announced in December that the league would play a regular-season game in Brazil during the 2024 season. The game will be played in Corinthians Arena, which has hosted a number of notable sporting events, including six matches during the 2014 FIFA Men's World Cup.

"The league's decision to play the game in the first week of the NFL 2024 season is a true testament to their confidence in our work as host city," said Ricardo Nunes, mayor of São Paulo. "Having this historic spectacle on the eve of Independence Day and driving a great economic impact and job creation for São Paulo, will spotlight our city as a globally relevant destination for the world's most exciting sport and entertainment events."

The Eagles join the Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers as designated teams for the 2024 International Games. The Bears, Vikings and Jaguars are designated teams for games in London, while the Panthers are the designated team for Munich.

"The Eagles organization is honored to have been selected to play in the first-ever National Football League game in South America," said Jeffrey Lurie, Philadelphia Eagles chairman and chief executive officer. "With the global growth of our sport being a top priority to our league, we embrace the opportunity to grow our fanbase around the world and bring Eagles football to the 38 million sports fans in Brazil. As one of the world's most culturally diverse nations, Brazil is an international melting pot, and we look forward to experiencing its warm, vibrant and welcoming environment later this year."

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ktejvh44arost097ava

Incidentally, I'm more against it being on a Friday than in Brazil, though I dislike that as well.

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

Win the games you should win. Who gives a f if it's a home or away game

We agree but it's not that easy. Teams generally play better at home, and in a league where one win can make or break your season it matters.

28 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

In general, away fans won’t experience any trouble if they act like decent human beings. They might get some mild ribbing on occasion, but if they’re good natured about it, they’ll be fine. If they’re loud and obnoxious, then trouble might find them.

Also, the Packers aren’t really rivals of ours so there isn’t that added element attached.

I’d also like to point out that in the US there really isn’t any kind of away section of the stadium. (Exception being college football I guess.) Fans just intermingle. It would probably be about a 90/10 ratio for the Eagles. 

Thanks for that 👍

Yes, segregation over here has been a thing since the 80s. 

Pretty sad when you think about it.

Grown men unable to control themselves when the other team scores.

But having experienced pre segregation soccer (I'm old 😄), could be a quite terrifying place as a young kid.

My friend isn't daft.

He'll just enjoy the day win lose or draw.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gregbwfc1 said:

Saw the news of this and thought please don't be the Packers game.

Buddy of mine is working over there for a couple of years, huge Packers fan and he's been based in Wisconsin.

Really wants to attend an Eagles game as he thinks the fans create am amazing atmosphere. 

So the stars align.and our teams are meeting in Philadelphia. 

Plans already afoot to meet up to see this. 

September is out for me so fingers crossed it's later on the schedule 

I lived within earshot of the New Den, Millwall's ground. I could hear the stadium, and the cries for mercy, on a matchday afteroon. Can confirm all he says is true.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

This is a random pic of a Thermas (Waterpark) from Brazil.

But yes those are the whitest Brazilian chicks I've ever seen.

My ex was was quite a few shades darker, but her ancestors had alot of Amazonian ancestry I think.

Ya gotta remember that more than a few Europeans migrated to Brazil in the mid - late 1940s. Some of them weren't so savory. There was a significant German presence in Brazil prior to WWII which might be why Brazil was attractive to Herr Mengele and his ilk.

• Like 1