Week one - Eagles play in Brazil

Procus

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

I had a co-worker from Brazil bring me a bottle of cachaça when we were on a work trip in London and tell me about that drink. It's just ok.

Yup.  I've had it.  It's not great, but it's not bad either.  It's decent.  And I'll likely get some cachaçca and make a few cocktails for that game.  Just to be in the spirit.

• Like 1

This is an EPIC way to start to season.  Friday Night, Primetime in Brazil.   Wow.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 3:20 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

There is no way the Eagles would get a Thursday game in week two. The league isn’t going to give a team (whoever you are proposing would be the Eagles opponent) two fewer days of rest. And they’re not going to make a team play on a Thursday after flying eight hours the previous week.

No way.

That was assuming the 49ers won the Super Bowl as they do get the Cowboys in their building this season.   If they had won, since the Eagles have to almost certainly play on the road in Week 2 anyway, that was why I had it where the Eagles would have had the Cowboys in Week 2 in Dallas (Arlington) with the Boys in Santa Clara against the 49ers in the opening game.  Eagles in that scenario would have flown straight to Texas (shorter trip) and practiced there.  

Now I have the Eagles having a short road trip for week 2 to play the Giants, with another short road trip on Thanksgiving night to Baltimore to play the Ravens and then hosting the Cowboys the following Thursday at the Linc on normal rest as I suspect Amazon Prime wants one of the two Eagles-Cowboys games. 

• 3 weeks later...

Too much restructuring, sorry Eagles start out with a loss.

On 2/13/2024 at 4:51 PM, NOTW said:

I had a co-worker from Brazil bring me a bottle of cachaça when we were on a work trip in London and tell me about that drink. It's just ok.

If it's made right, it'll knock your socks off

21 hours ago, Talkingbirds said:

It may be a rough start to the season. New Coordinators again. Hopefully a revamped Defense. An O Lineman change or two. We shall see.

On 3/7/2024 at 5:12 PM, Talkingbirds said:

Well, with Fletcher Cox retiring, it it one more thing there they have to fill.  

7 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Well, with Fletcher Cox retiring, it it one more thing there they have to fill.  

Cox will be in Brazil filling some things alright, just not on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

And it looks like the Eagles will be playing the Browns

image.thumb.png.f087c5e41b3fa1453cc20aa358bf7b89.png

1 hour ago, Procus said:

And it looks like the Eagles will be playing the Browns

image.thumb.png.f087c5e41b3fa1453cc20aa358bf7b89.png

NFL just announced that this game is exclusively available only on Peacock.  Screw the NFL!

59 minutes ago, Procus said:

NFL just announced that this game is exclusively available only on Peacock.  Screw the NFL!

It will also be on local NBC.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/friday-night-week-1-brazil-game-featuring-eagles-will-stream-on-peacock

As usual, the game will be available via an over-the-air channel in the local markets of the team involved in the game.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Procus said:

Absolutely shameful

14 hours ago, Procus said:

Also likely on NBC10 in Philly as all games streaming or on cable are required to air over-the-air in the home markets of the teams playing,

VERY SURPRISED this is a Peacock game given the scheduling quirks this year AND while the NFL as of now is scheduled to have at least two Week 16 games on Saturday to accommodate two games to start Week 17 on Christmas Day, I would not be surprised if there are lawsuits from Congress and the College Football Playoff committee given the Friday and Saturday of Week 16 is scheduled to be the first round of the newly-expanded College Football Playoff (which is 12 teams in 2024 and '25 and is expected to expand to 14 in 2026).  I would not be surprised there if either:

The NFL had to instead give teams their bye week in Week 16 if they are playing Christmas Day unless the NFL and CFP agree to switch with the NFL in Week 16 Thurs-Fri-Sat (what normally would be MNF being on Friday and SNF being on Saturday in Week 16) with the CFP games Sunday and Monday OR instead, Congress agrees to waive the normal ban on Saturday games through the second Saturday in December for Week 15 in exchange for agreeing not to play Friday or Saturday in Week 16 opposite the CFP games. 

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Continued talk it could be the Packers or the Browns.  

Posted on PFT yesterday:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/mark-murphy-either-packers-or-browns-will-face-eagles-in-brazil

I suspect FOX will want to keep that game, so I think the Browns will be the Eagles opponent in Brazil. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Procus said:

image.thumb.png.cc720c36b91b166f41ac7041b35b8f71.png

What an awesome matchup for Primetime in Brazil. Looks like the playoffs are starting week 1, lol.  Greenbay will not be pushovers, we saw what they did in Jerry World.   If it's a shootout, we will be ready.  

Love Hurts in Brazil

21 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Love Hurts in Brazil

Not for all of us

image.jpeg.c98d6e53a80fc229c7e7eb76a712ffb4.jpeg

The "exclusively on peacock" is what pisses me off for fans that don't live in Philly

Just got a message from my buddy in Packer Country. 

Both a tad annoyed about this.

Were hoping for an October/November date when the season was in full swing.

Ah well 🤷‍♂️

I think the last time we opened against the Packers was in 2010, wearing the 1960 Kelly Green's. Before that I think it was the Bryce Paup fiasco.