Round 2 #40: Eagles trade up to select Iowa DB Cooper DeJean

Portyansky

1 minute ago, eggs said:

Maybe if he slips to our third round pick although we also need a TE. 

Yep. They also have 6 more picks to make in this draft.

• Like 1

2 of the top 4 DBs!? I used to pray for times like this.

DeJean, Mitchell, Slay, CJGJ and Reed is freaking amazing considering how bad our secondary was last season.

Ringo can be the insurance in case of any injury and start in Slay's place next year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

The stupid sheet did it with the wrong player, DeJean is going to be the second coming of Maddox.....plagued with injuries and unable to keep up with quick twitch WRs, dude is a safety at best and I would have put Ringo in that position.

If he wanted to sure up the secondary he should have drafted Decamerions Richardson, that would have given the secondary 2 shutdown corners that can tackle, with Ringo at S they would have had the best secondary in the NFL.

Man, who brought the downer.  Haha, j/k.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aspiritfall said:

I think he will be a safety for us 

If so then 2024 secondary could be Slay, Mitchell, CJGJ, DeJean.

Depth Ringo, Ricks (I assume Bradberry may be cut after June 1), Blankenship, Brown.  

Not including nickel backs.  

On paper that looks a helluva lot better than anything we’ve had recently.

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see where he fits in he secondary. He tackles which is something we have been missing for a while. Howie giving Fangio some upgrades and depth in this secondary. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

The stupid sheet did it with the wrong player, DeJean is going to be the second coming of Maddox.....plagued with injuries and unable to keep up with quick twitch WRs, dude is a safety at best and I would have put Ringo in that position.

If he wanted to sure up the secondary he should have drafted Decamerions Richardson, that would have given the secondary 2 shutdown corners that can tackle, with Ringo at S they would have had the best secondary in the NFL.

Yeah, totally should have just waited and taken the 4th round talent over the 1st round talent (in the second round no less). You totally should run a football team.

• Haha 2

Can't believe they went there in this interview. I had to hear it twice because there's no way I thought they really asked him this

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Can't believe they went there in this interview. I had to hear it twice because there's no way I thought they really asked him this

It definitely won't be the last time he's asked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeep_man said:

Need a linebacker BAD, any chance they can snag Jeremiah Trotter jr.

Howie doesn't draft Linebackers. I gave up on that long ago. He doesn't value the position. At least in the draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Dude you would probably hate  on a draft day trade for Mahomes 

8 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Howie doesn't draft Linebackers. I gave up on that long ago. He doesn't value the position. At least in the draft. 

😞

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

You have never been right about any player ever. So this must be a great pick. :towel:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

It’s not a ridiculous question. I’m sure McCaffrey heard it for a while 

• Like 1

Looks like Eagles dont have a 3rd round pick. What happened to the pick they got from Washington?

14 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Looks like Eagles dont have a 3rd round pick. What happened to the pick they got from Washington?

Traded down again and we do it's pick 94 now

• Like 1

i wanted Koolaid but im ecstatic with Cooper. this is insane. never in a million years would i have ever though Howie would go CB in the 1st round let alone CB back to back

1 hour ago, Heavywchamp said:

Dude you would probably hate  on a draft day trade for Mahomes 

Why wouldn't he? Mahomes ran a 4.80s 40, that's slow AF. 

3 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

I think he will be a safety for us 

We can only hope because he won't be able to cover the likes of a CeDe Lamb WR.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paul852 said:

Yeah, totally should have just waited and taken the 4th round talent over the 1st round talent (in the second round no less). You totally should run a football team.

Some players are underrated (Richardson) and some players are overrated (DeJean).

I thought Howie had learned his lesson by staying put, but is ego is just too big, he needs attention and will do anything to get, no matter how dumb it is.

6 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Eagles trade up to select Iowa DB Cooper DeJean

:huh:

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well I’ma little shocked that Howie went up and got him. Can’t say I love what he gave up to do it but hey DeJean is a highly rated player. I’m just surprised Howie has gone DB back to back. Got to think DeJean is going to be a S?

It's another solid pick on the scouting, but our inside line backers still look make do and mend and that is behind an even thinner interior defensive line than last year, I'm surprised we gave up a second rounder to get another corner.