Round 2 #40: Eagles trade up to select Iowa DB Cooper DeJean

Portyansky

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

It's not that I don't like DeJean, I don't like what we gave up to get him, I wouldn't have been surprised had the Eagles not taken him if he was still available in the 4th.

I don't feel up to looking at who we could have had, there's no since in doing the would've/could've at this point, as you said, let's see how things pan out. 

:roll:

DeJean was a 1st round grade who fell. They gave up one 2nd rounder to move up 13 spots to get a 1st round quality player. 

And you think he'd last til the 4th round. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

DeJean was a 1st round grade who fell. They gave up one 2nd rounder to move up 13 spots to get a 1st round quality player. 

... and they got a 3rd round pick ... plus the good end of a later pick swap

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

... and they got a 3rd round pick ... plus the good end of a later pick swap

That's right I forgot about that.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 11:18 PM, NOTW said:

You're such a group thinking spin doctor, I never said I thought he would last until the 4th round, what I said is I wouldn't have been surprised if he lasted until the 4th round.

Had he went to the senior bowl and proved he had the right stuff against the top players that would be one thing, problem is, he didn't, so you don't know what you have in the guy, it's nothing more than wishful thinking.

Keep in mind, there's been tons of 1st round graded/drafted players that didn't work out, matter of fact, the Eagles recently one up from the Jets, you guys have him being an All-Pro before he's been measured for a helmet. 

19 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

You're such a group thinking spin doctor, I never said...

Followed almost immediately by:

20 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Keep in mind, there's been tons of 1st round graded/drafted players that didn't work out, matter of fact, the Eagles recently one up from the Jets, you guys have him being an All-Pro before he's been measured for a helmet. 

Can you show us where anybody on the board said such a thing?

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 8:26 AM, brkmsn said:

Followed almost immediately by:

Can you show us where anybody on the board said such a thing?

Can you show me where I said anyone said he was going to be an All-Pro?

You see, that was a figure of speech (an expression that uses language in a nonliteral way), now go find someone else pester.(to bother persistently with petty annoyances).

6 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

now go find someone else pester.(to bother persistently with petty annoyances).

Yeah ... about that ... I'll reply when I feel like it. 

I'll even get a kick out of reminding you that in that post I quoted above, you accused a person of being a "spin doctor" :

You're such a group thinking spin doctor, I never said I thought he would last until the 4th round, what I said is I wouldn't have been surprised if he lasted until the 4th round.

... and then immediately did the very thing that supposedly bunched your panties (Figure of speech? ) and accused many of us of supposedly hyping the Becton signing :

I was merely pointing out the irony and the hypocrisy of your rant.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I was merely pointing out the irony and the hypocrisy of your rant.

No, you were being the pest that you are.....all the time!!

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2024 at 7:11 PM, EagleVA said:

2 second rounders vs 1 second rounder.

One second router and one third rounder. The price to trade up was not as great as you try to make it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eglz1 said:

One second router and one third rounder. The price to trade up was not as great as you try to make it.

It you think I thought the trade up was great you need to read the post I responded to and then read my post. 

FYI, I hate trading up.

59 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

It you think I thought the trade up was great you need to read the post I responded to and then read my post. 

FYI, I hate trading up.

I understand that. It wasn't a trade 2nd rounders for one higher 2nd rounder, it was trade 2 2nd rounders for a higher 2nd rounder (#40) plus a 3rd rounder.  So it was a 2 for 2 trade, just the 2nd pick was 3rd round, not 2nd round. If either us was so dam smart, we'd have Howie's job (and paycheck).😀

21 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

If either us was so dam smart, we'd have Howie's job (and paycheck).😀

Personally I think Howie is a dumb sheet born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

I'm sure this was discussed in the blog, but thought I'd put it here as well:

On 5/9/2024 at 8:10 PM, brkmsn said:

I'm sure this was discussed in the blog, but thought I'd put it here as well:

That would be kinda fun but I'm sure there would be much more made of it than there should be. If there were a bet it should be something like the loser has to wear the winner's jersey at one of a winner's game or something like that.