Do you think Eagles win Super Bowl LII if Wentz didn't get injured?

gameshowfan91

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You can't judge 2017 by what's happening in 2020. Carson played nearly a perfect 2017. There was no reason to believe that that would have changed in the playoffs. It's my firm belief that 2017 Carson, wins LII with no problem. 

Agreed. Carson was red hot that year and so it is only fair and right that we assume that trend continued in 2017.

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You can't judge 2017 by what's happening in 2020. Carson played nearly a perfect 2017. There was no reason to believe that that would have changed in the playoffs. It's my firm belief that 2017 Carson, wins LII with no problem. 

No problem? The Eagles defense got owned all game game. Carson would have had to play a near perfect game to win it. Carson did play a near perfect season, but he didn’t always play perfect games. There were also teams that season that schemed him well like Seattle and Belicheat is the best in the game at scheming a defense. No way I see Carson winning that game no problem. 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

No problem? The Eagles defense got owned all game game.

Yeah, Nick didn't really have a problem, I don't believe Carson would have had one either. Let's not forget that he (the Eagles QB, whoever it may have been) was going against the Patriots defense, and they got owned all game by the Eagles. 

As for the D getting owned all game long, true they didn't have their best game of the season but in the first half, they did a pretty good job of holding the Patriots off. Brady was barely over 50% for the first half. The secondary gave up 276 yards, but no TDs. The second half was a different story, of course. But in the first half, they were harassing him pretty well and getting to him. So much so that Rodney Harrison was essentially calling Brady 'ordinary'. 

I can't and won't defend how Carson is playing right now. But I still believe that in 2017, we still win the Super Bowl if he doesn't blow out his ACL vs. the Rams. 

That said, having Nick come in and do what he did in that entire post season, was just a perfect story. I was a Nick Foles fan from the time he came in under Andy to finish out the 2012 season. So having him do what he did, was just perfection.  

If everything went the way the season was going, then yes, they would have won it with Wentz, who would have been the SB MVP- IF, I said IF- the season continued to go the way it was going.

25 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, Nick didn't really have a problem, I don't believe Carson would have had one either. Let's not forget that he (the Eagles QB, whoever it may have been) was going against the Patriots defense, and they got owned all game by the Eagles. 

As for the D getting owned all game long, true they didn't have their best game of the season but in the first half, they did a pretty good job of holding the Patriots off. Brady was barely over 50% for the first half. The secondary gave up 276 yards, but no TDs. The second half was a different story, of course. But in the first half, they were harassing him pretty well and getting to him. So much so that Rodney Harrison was essentially calling Brady 'ordinary'. 

I can't and won't defend how Carson is playing right now. But I still believe that in 2017, we still win the Super Bowl if he doesn't blow out his ACL vs. the Rams. 

That said, having Nick come in and do what he did in that entire post season, was just a perfect story. I was a Nick Foles fan from the time he came in under Andy to finish out the 2012 season. So having him do what he did, was just perfection.  

Even Nick had to play above and beyond his head. Still he was so clutch in that game and in the playoffs. That throw he made to Torrey Smith was a thing of beauty and I don’t think even as great as Carson was that year he makes that throw. Also do the Patriots ignore Carson on the Philly Special like they did Foles? Does Carson even have the gumption to make that call? The games probably play out differently, but there were throws Foles made in that Super Bowl I don’t know if anyone else makes.  

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even Nick had to play above and beyond his head. Still he was so clutch in that game and in the playoffs. That throw he made to Torrey Smith was a thing of beauty and I don’t think even as great as Carson was that year he makes that throw. Also do the Patriots ignore Carson on the Philly Special like they did Foles? Does Carson even have the gumption to make that call? The games probably play out differently, but there were throws Foles made in that Super Bowl I don’t know if anyone else makes.  

I don't disagree, Nick was Superhuman on that day. Take nothing away from Nick, at all. I own an Nick Foles Super Bowl jersey. I don't own any Carson Wentz jersey. I just believe that we win that game with either of them under center. 

Would Carson make the same throws or the same calls? Can't say. With Carson out there, it's a completely different game. Maybe we're 3 TDs up by the time the Philly Special comes up and it's not needed, so it's never called. I'm very happy that it played out the way it played out though, regardless of feeling bad for Carson. I wouldn't change a single thing, other than maybe the defense being a little (a lot) better. But even then, if the Defense plays a lot better and we're up by too much for a comeback to be possible (there at the end), we lose the strip sack and all of the excitement that we got from that. So I don't even think I'd change the way the D played. They were ugly, but they got it done and my heart didn't actually stop, even though it was threatening to do just that! lol

I can't and won't look back at 2017 through 2020 eyes. I had 100% faith and confidence in both Nick and Carson, to win that game and I firmly believe that we would win that game with either of them in there. Yes, Nick made some incredible throws. But remember, in 2017, Carson was making incredible throws all season long. Would he make those same throws as Nick in LII? I can't say. But would those throws even be needed if Carson is playing? The game would be completely different, so those throws may not even be needed. 

At this point, as disappointed and frustrated in Carson's play as I am, I still believe in him as our starter. Would I be wanting Nick to be under center if he was still here? Maybe. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Carson. 

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't disagree, Nick was Superhuman on that day. Take nothing away from Nick, at all. I own an Nick Foles Super Bowl jersey. I don't own any Carson Wentz jersey. I just believe that we win that game with either of them under center. 

Would Carson make the same throws or the same calls? Can't say. With Carson out there, it's a completely different game. Maybe we're 3 TDs up by the time the Philly Special comes up and it's not needed, so it's never called. I'm very happy that it played out the way it played out though, regardless of feeling bad for Carson. I wouldn't change a single thing, other than maybe the defense being a little (a lot) better. But even then, if the Defense plays a lot better and we're up by too much for a comeback to be possible (there at the end), we lose the strip sack and all of the excitement that we got from that. So I don't even think I'd change the way the D played. They were ugly, but they got it done and my heart didn't actually stop, even though it was threatening to do just that! lol

I can't and won't look back at 2017 through 2020 eyes. I had 100% faith and confidence in both Nick and Carson, to win that game and I firmly believe that we would win that game with either of them in there. Yes, Nick made some incredible throws. But remember, in 2017, Carson was making incredible throws all season long. Would he make those same throws as Nick in LII? I can't say. But would those throws even be needed if Carson is playing? The game would be completely different, so those throws may not even be needed. 

At this point, as disappointed and frustrated in Carson's play as I am, I still believe in him as our starter. Would I be wanting Nick to be under center if he was still here? Maybe. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Carson. 

At the time, I did wish the defense Was a lot better of course, but with the benefit of hindsight, the only thing I’d change if I could, would be Brady’s 4th and 10 pass falling incomplete. The celebration would have been instant as opposed to the slight delay between the Hail Mary falling incomplete, and taking notice that the clock had run out. Sounds petty, but it’s the only thing I’d change if I could. 

Plus, I think it’d have been cool if Nick got to take the final two or three knees to end the game. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

At the time, I did wish the defense Was a lot better of course, but with the benefit of hindsight, the only thing I’d change if I could, would be Brady’s 4th and 10 pass falling incomplete. The celebration would have been instant as opposed to the slight delay between the Hail Mary falling incomplete, and taking notice that the clock had run out. Sounds petty, but it’s the only thing I’d change if I could. 

Plus, I think it’d have been cool if Nick got to take the final two or three knees to end the game. 

Maybe I'd alter your change slightly. Brady's pass on 1st down (right before the Hail Mary), would become a Darby pick six instead of a missed opportunity for an INT. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Maybe I'd alter your change slightly. Brady's pass on 1st down (right before the Hail Mary), would become a Darby pick six instead of a missed opportunity for an INT. 

I would have taken that also. Good call. 

• Like 1