Do you think Eagles win Super Bowl LII if Wentz didn't get injured?

gameshowfan91

1 minute ago, nipples said:

He was MVP of the league had he not been injured. So yes. He was playing lights out all year. 

And he found that again at the end of last year with scrubs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And he found that again at the end of last year with scrubs

I’m of the opinion that some of the vets (Agholor, Jeffery) were Foles guys, simply because of the super bowl run. Never had Wentz back after that. The offense, and Wentz, looked much better even with less talented receivers once those guys were out and the young dudes that actually supported him were in the lineup. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

I’m of the opinion that some of the vets (Agholor, Jeffery) were Foles guys, simply because of the super bowl run. Never had Wentz back after that. The offense, and Wentz, looked much better even with less talented receivers once those guys were out and the young dudes that actually supported him were in the lineup. 

I think Agholor showed the most on the field that he didn't want to play for Wentz. The guy was out their rolling his eyes and shaking his head if Wentz missed him. Don't know who the hell Agholor thinks he is but, he was exposed when he became the only threat on the field at certain points of the season. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think Agholor showed the most on the field that he didn't want to play for Wentz. The guy was out their rolling his eyes and shaking his head if Wentz missed him. Don't know who the hell Agholor thinks he is but, he was exposed when he became the only threat on the field at certain points of the season. 

And making excuses, "subtly” throwing Wentz under the bus. Can’t remember the game (first Cowboys game?) but there was a pass down the field that he made no effort on. It would have been a difficult catch, but he had a shot if he actually tried... anyway, post game I remember him saying it wasn’t catchable so he pulled up. 

36 minutes ago, nipples said:

And making excuses, "subtly” throwing Wentz under the bus. Can’t remember the game (first Cowboys game?) but there was a pass down the field that he made no effort on. It would have been a difficult catch, but he had a shot if he actually tried... anyway, post game I remember him saying it wasn’t catchable so he pulled up. 

They made a lot of excuses for him last year. Like the falcons game with lights in his eyes. BS

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They made a lot of excuses for him last year. Like the falcons game with lights in his eyes. BS

I am glad he is gone.  F that guy.

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am glad he is gone.  F that guy.

Me too what a pice of sheet player left over from the chip years. 

• Like 2

Just a year too late. When I wanted to keep Golden Tate and get rid of Nelson everyone thought I was crazy. "Go with the younger guy" they all said. We see how that turned out. Tate played very well for the Gmen and Nelson is now in Raiders silver and black

Is this a bad time to mention (for those apologist who just ASSumed It’s a yes) that since the 2017 playoffs Carson has played the Falcons, Vikings, and Patriots and lost to all three? 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Is this a bad time to mention (for those apologist who just ASSumed It’s a yes) that since the 2017 playoffs Carson has played the Falcons, Vikings, and Patriots and lost to all three? 

Falcons he won that game if Agholor catches a gimme.  Defense got torched by the Vikings,  Pats he had Ertz and nobody.

20 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not really sure why that’d be relevant. He also didn’t play any of the three with the same quality of players, or coaching staff he had in 2017. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Falcons he won that game if Agholor catches a gimme.  Defense got torched by the Vikings,  Pats he had Ertz and nobody.

Wow that sure is a lot of excuses, and not one of them proves he could have beaten any of them in the playoffs. 

46 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Not really sure why that’d be relevant. He also didn’t play any of the three with the same quality of players, or coaching staff he had in 2017. 

Then what you’re really trying to state is Carson sure needs a lot to be elite. 

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wow that sure is a lot of excuses, and not one of them proves he could have beaten any of them in the playoffs. 

Falcons, walk in TD right in the hands.  But the lights.

57 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Falcons, walk in TD right in the hands.  But the lights.

What does that have to do with Wentz? Wentz lost to the Falcons last year due to a screen that went for a score. If anything you prove my point. There is absolutely no guarantee the Eagles win if Carson was QB. As a matter of fact most evidence proves otherwise. Ultimately none of it matters. Wentz got hurt and the Eagles still won. That’s what matters most. Let’s stop worrying about woulda, coulda, shoulda when what matters is can he do it now? I don’t care about excuses, because everyone has one.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Then what you’re really trying to state is Carson sure needs a lot to be elite. 

Maybe, maybe not. Point is he was not in a comparable circumstance to what Foles was in when we beat those teams. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Maybe, maybe not. Point is he was not in a comparable circumstance to what Foles was in when we beat those teams. 

That’s interesting, because in regards to the Seahawks it doesn’t matter what version of the Eagles Wentz leads, cause Russel Wilson just keeps beating him. That’s the point isn’t it? If Carson is the guy we all believe he is he should be beating these teams regardless. So it can not be assumed Wentz simply would have won the Super Bowl. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s interesting, because in regards to the Seahawks it doesn’t matter what version of the Eagles Wentz leads, cause Russel Wilson just keeps beating him. That’s the point isn’t it? If Carson is the guy we all believe he is he should be beating these teams regardless. So it can not be assumed Wentz simply would have won the Super Bowl. 

We didn’t play Seattle in the 2017 playoffs. You have some off the wall arguments. We did play both Minnesota and Atlanta in 2016 however, and we won both games with Wentz under center. So tell me how that factors into all this. 

On 7/28/2020 at 1:37 PM, nipples said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did make an effort on it, but his ability to track a deep ball is even worse than his hands.  He was probably embarrassed because he was nowhere near it.  

On 7/26/2020 at 2:07 PM, vaff said:

WTF does Wentz have to do with Butler? 

This is my biggest issue with this thread lol

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

We didn’t play Seattle in the 2017 playoffs. You have some off the wall arguments. We did play both Minnesota and Atlanta in 2016 however, and we won both games with Wentz under center. So tell me how that factors into all this. 

@EazyEaglez and I agree on a lot of things and I strangely enjoy his views but, then he has arguments like this and I just let it go lol. It's all good though. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

@EazyEaglez and I agree on a lot of things and I strangely enjoy his views but, then he has arguments like this and I just let it go lol. It's all good though. 

He and I don't disagree on everything for sure. Some arguments I just find perplexing lol.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He and I don't disagree on everything for sure. Some arguments I just find perplexing lol.

Lol he does get stuck on some sheet that I don't even understand. That was one of the memories I thanked him for on the old board lol. 

• Like 1

Heard Wentz didn't even make the top 100 in players poll. He may not be my all time favorite or top choice but com on.. Dak Prescott at 46?

14 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

Heard Wentz didn't even make the top 100 in players poll. He may not be my all time favorite or top choice but com on.. Dak Prescott at 46?

Yeah that’s pretty ridiculous especially when you consider how many Cowboys made that list and they didn’t even make the playoffs.