Marquise Goodwin Opts Out of 2020 Season

time2rock

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hearing what’s happening in baseball, and seeing the number of opt outs, I’m only reaffirming my belief that playing this season isn’t worth it. Keep in mind, these are just the early announced opt-outs. Likely many more are coming. This is also not including players that will eventually be lost due to actually testing positive. Just seems like it’s destined to be a major cluster F. 

It’s going to suck to have another season where carson yet again doesn’t finish when the league shuts down.  

3 minutes ago, DBW said:

Can you even opt out of being cut?  

He'll just get cut next year instead.

2 minutes ago, DBW said:

It’s going to suck to have another season where carson yet again doesn’t finish when the league shuts down.  

Somehow the haters will blame it on him saying he never can finish a season. 

1 hour ago, GroundAttack said:

Can’t be mad at him. Just frustrating 

Yeah after my initial reaction of frustration I realised that ultimately he's doing right by his family. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Somehow the haters will blame it on him saying he never can finish a season. 

Yup!  I just feel bad for him at this point.  There’s no way they’re gonna get through this season.  Guy can’t buy a break.  

Interesting question will be which team looks the best in a week?

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Strikes are not on the same level as this

I agree. I'm just saying the league has almost never shut down and they seem determined to keep it going this year regardless. 

I haven't read any details from the league and NFLPA's agreement, if a player opts out, are they also opting out of their salary since they won't be part of the team?

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't read any details from the league and NFLPA's agreement, if a player opts out, are they also opting out of their salary since they won't be part of the team?

Thought I read they get a $150K stipend (those at high risk opting out get $350K).  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/28/texans-eddie-vanderdoes-opts-out/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

Gutless

no heart

His wife had THREE miscarriages and they were finally able to have a baby who is very young. He is thinking about the health and safety of his family which he has every right to do. You are a piece of human garbage for saying that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

One way to look at it.  
another would be that if you quarantine from your family for six months and play the season you would have 5 mill to provide for your family.  

You only get so many years/opportunities to make a living in the nfl. 

id be trying to get that money. 

45 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

His wife had THREE miscarriages and they were finally able to have a baby who is very young. He is thinking about the health and safety of his family which he has every right to do. You are a piece of human garbage for saying that.

Exactly. Family before anything else and anyone who thinks he’s gutless for opting out is a fool 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I'm good with this anyway as I wanted Reagor/Hightower/Watkins to have more of a role anyway.  Can't blame the guy with just having a baby (he and his wife had a few miscarriages) and not wanting to bring COVID home.

Is there any evidence that Covid even affects babies? 

3 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Is there any evidence that Covid even affects babies? 

Plenty.  I’m not showing you how to google. I think you can figure that out .

9 minutes ago, DBW said:

Plenty.  I’m not showing you how to google. I think you can figure that out .

I know they can get the virus but I haven’t heard of a single baby dying from it. I think most of them get a mild fever. 

16 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Props to him for doing that and being very honest with his situation, history and shedding light on everything.  He didn’t have to do that and we aren’t entitled to know any of that information, but knowing that now and what he went through I can totally understand why he made the decision and quite honestly why he hasn’t lived up to the hype he had.  

2 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I know they can get the virus but I haven’t heard of a single baby dying from it. I think most of them get a mild fever. 

Google it then and read the sad stories yourself.  Get your head out of the sand.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Doctors in Texas were saying the babies born with Covid are at a high risk of neurological, brain issues.

4 minutes ago, DBW said:

Props to him for doing that and being very honest with his situation, history and shedding light on everything.  He didn’t have to do that and we aren’t entitled to know any of that information, but knowing that now and what he went through I can totally understand why he made the decision and quite honestly why he hasn’t lived up to the hype he had.  

Google it then and read the sad stories yourself.  Get your head out of the sand.  

You get you’re head out of the sand. Babies rarely die from the virus- it’s extremely rare. Google it. 

7 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Doctors in Texas were saying the babies born with Covid are at a high risk of neurological, brain issues.

Didn’t his wife give birth already? His daughter is 5 months old.

9 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

You get you’re head out of the sand. Babies rarely die from the virus- it’s extremely rare. Google it. 

According to the American association of pediatric.....8.9% of covid cases are children (289,000 cases) and that includes infants.  The child death rate is .3% which is right in line with the overall mortality rate.  Kids, infants included, can and do get and can and do die from it.  

there 88,000 new child cases this week alone which equates to a 44% increase.

wake up homey 

https://services.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/children-and-covid-19-state-level-data-report/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

What does it matter if it's rare? He is not taking that chance again. I don't blame him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Road to Victory said:

Didn’t his wife give birth already? His daughter is 5 months old.

Yes in February.  But he lost 3 kids before that and the child is considered high risk, as would be the mother.  Can you really blame him?

5 minutes ago, DBW said:

Yes in February.  But he lost 3 kids before that and the child is considered high risk, as would be the mother.  Can you really blame him?

It’s his decision and I respect that. Personally, I just think it’s an overreaction. I’ve raised 2 healthy boys and if I had a newborn now I would still go to work. You have to weigh the risks and to me, the risk of a baby dying from Covid are very slim.

More babies will die in car accidents but we still leave the house.