Marquise Goodwin Opts Out of 2020 Season

time2rock

14 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

One way to look at it.  
another would be that if you quarantine from your family for six months and play the season you would have 5 mill to provide for your family.  

You only get so many years/opportunities to make a living in the nfl. 

id be trying to get that money. 

Responsible adults can definitely do that. A lot of us do that now. But you are on the field with 40-something teammates and facing another 40-something opponents. Can you trust that every single one of them is being responsible and isolating outside of playing football? I don't. Which is why there will be outbreaks at various point in the season that spread to multiple teams if the season does indeed happen.

I hope the season happens. But there are so many young NFL players that won't give a damn and just go out and party when they get the chance. This isn't a bubble.

7 hours ago, DevilMayRage said:

Already done with MLB due to the kneeling and pandering, gave a FU to the Flyers for the Kate Smith statue debacle....NFL is next for me .

For the record...It was always going to take a paradigm shifting event to ever make me give up the NFL and watching the Eagles....yet here we are. Playing a "Black National Anthem" before a NFL game is a no-go for me. Despicable decision.

I refuse to support any of the BLM, LGBQFUCU trash, or Leftist BS that is being infused into everything today and any organization/corporation pushing it. Hence why I have little to no interest in the Eagles right now and why I always viewed M Jenkins as a freaking racist clown.

Glad I got to see a Phillies World Series and Eagles Super Bowl win. That was magical.

Hey man, at least you are comfortable with all of your racist and bigoted views. No one will miss you.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Devaster said:

No one will miss you.

Never seen him post on the old board or this one until I read that garbage.  Just wants to spew his BS, but you know he ain't gonna stop watching the games.

And if it wasn't for Jenkins the Eagles may not win a Super Bowl.

16 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

One way to look at it.  
another would be that if you quarantine from your family for six months and play the season you would have 5 mill to provide for your family.  

You only get so many years/opportunities to make a living in the nfl. 

id be trying to get that money. 

Dude, it is not just about his family and new baby, he also has sickle cell, and has had issues with it while playing in the NFL  He is high risk.

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

With the number of COVID positive cases in MLB increasing (forcing the Marlins and Phillies to both be shut down temporarily), I think the NFL will be watching MLB very closely to see if this blows up on them or can be somewhat mitigated.  If the former, I don't think there will be a full season, no matter how much they want to avoid losing all that revenue.   

I just can't see at this point how they can really have a season. I mean unless they force all teams in to a bubble situation for the entire season which I don't see happening. 

11 hours ago, DevilMayRage said:

Already done with MLB due to the kneeling and pandering, gave a FU to the Flyers for the Kate Smith statue debacle....NFL is next for me .

For the record...It was always going to take a paradigm shifting event to ever make me give up the NFL and watching the Eagles....yet here we are. Playing a "Black National Anthem" before a NFL game is a no-go for me. Despicable decision.

I refuse to support any of the BLM, LGBQFUCU trash, or Leftist BS that is being infused into everything today and any organization/corporation pushing it. Hence why I have little to no interest in the Eagles right now and why I always viewed M Jenkins as a freaking racist clown.

Glad I got to see a Phillies World Series and Eagles Super Bowl win. That was magical.

You need to look in the mirror. The fact you can write that post and call someone else racist, is the height of irony.

12 hours ago, DevilMayRage said:

a freaking NOBODY, that’s who!

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

And you are ???

Nobody who is in their right mind should be ripping on players who want to avoid a high chance of getting a virus that could put the player and the family at risk. The NFL barely has any plan in place to keep their players and coaches protected. It's just not worth it.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I think there's going to be more players opting out too

Yeah i think potentially some big names will opt out. 

With what Marquise has been through (his wife had three miscarriages), I don't fault him at all for this. He may be overreacting, but if anyone has a right to overreact it's him with what him and his family have been through. I don't fault him at all. 

Marquise ... pay no attention to the small fraction of the fan base that are calling you out.  Every fan base has their share of misinformed/irrational fans ... Philly is no different.  The majority of us have your back!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/29/marquise-goodwin-says-fans-are-calling-him-stupid-for-opting-out/

• Like 2

People getting mad at these players for making decisions regarding THEIR life are pathetic. Get over it. You have no impact on their decisions. Deal with it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DevilMayRage said:

No...please...don't go.

:roll: Bye loser.

• Haha 1

Release him. If we don't report to work we lose our jobs and unemployment. He isn't special.

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Release him. If we don't report to work we lose our jobs and unemployment. He isn't special.

I don't think it works like that though. For a start the organisation would appear extremely insensitive if it cut Goodwin right now for his decision. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Umm there are plenty of jobs right now that give their employees the choice to stay home during this. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Umm there are plenty of jobs right now that give their employees the choice to stay home during this. 

A lot of people can do their jobs from home, perhaps better than sitting in a cubicle. An NFL receiver is not one of those. However, he has sickle cell which makes him high risk and I don't blame him a whit. He also get a $350,000 stipend being high risk i believe. Given that he was not a lock to make the roster makes the decision all the easier. Gonna be an interesting season, what there is of it.

5 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

A lot of people can do their jobs from home, perhaps better than sitting in a cubicle. An NFL receiver is not one of those. However, he has sickle cell which makes him high risk and I don't blame him a whit. He also get a $350,000 stipend being high risk i believe. Given that he was not a lock to make the roster makes the decision all the easier. Gonna be an interesting season, what there is of it.

I don't blame him either. I can't work from home myself but, my job does give me the option to not work if I don't feel safe. It's disturbing that people are throwing a fit because the guy is choosing the saftey of his family over playing an effing game. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not alot. My wife was called back to work. She had two choices: go back or lose job. 

7 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Not alot. My wife was called back to work. She had two choices: go back or lose job. 

It is unfortunate, but you and your wife do not play in the NFL.

21 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is unfortunate, but you and your wife do not play in the NFL.

Well I never had a choice. I'm a Paramedic lol. I obviously worked the whole time. The funny part is my transports were actually down during the shut down.

31 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I know a few people that they won't call back to work because they have underlying health issues and the company or work place doesn't want to get sued if they get sick. 

Good for him. Not only can these guys lose their lives they can get clots, lose appendages, and have irreparable organ damage (kidneys, heart, liver, etc) let alone expose their families. They already have enough to worry about in terms of health just based on the nature of the game. If I had a few million in the bank I'd say see you in 2021 as well. Not worth it. NBA is the litmus test. If they can't pull it off in a bubble, for sure the NFL won't be able to. MLB is already Fd.

• Like 2