Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

On 1/22/2024 at 4:54 PM, Khani1 said:

@Blazehound What is your weird obsession with Hart? It’s obvious he is too inconsistent and lets in soft goals way too much. It doesn’t matter that he can make the mouth dropping saves once in a while if he lets in bad goals too often?

My main argument is that he’s never had a capable defense in front of him for an extended period of time, and therefore I don’t feel the need to pass absolute judgment on him at the time. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

My main argument is that he’s never had a capable defense in front of him for an extended period of time, and therefore I don’t feel the need to pass absolute judgment on him at the time. 

What does that have to do with letting in soft goals on a regular basis? A better defense won’t stop him from letting in softies. 

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

What does that have to do with letting in soft goals on a regular basis? A better defense won’t stop him from letting in softies. 

A lot of goalies let softies in from time to time. That doesn’t totally define them. 

58 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Not trending well for Carter:

Coming soon , Carter HART IN LOTCI_S1_citytv_01_showart_430x645.jpg

Flyers signing Tippett to an 8/49.6 million extension. 

• Like 1

Boo, they suck again

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Coming back down to Earth. 

More like crashing down

It'll be interesting to see how they play coming out of the break. Do they win and this losing streak is just considered a blip or does the losing streak continue and it's "the same ole Flyers.?" Then again, it wouldn't be a Flyers season without a 10-game losing streak now would it? <_<

• Haha 2

This is why we can't have nice things!

Crazy, he never seemed like that kind of dude. But innocent until proven guilty, although society doesn't really operate that way anymore. Dude is ruined regardless of whether it's true or not 

Looked like the break paid off for the Flyers. 2 wins in a row against 2 very good teams. 

Hate these ESPN + games, these announcers are garbage

Cal Peterson to me looked a little shakey early on. Seemed like he couldn’t see the puck well and get squared up on some shots but settled in nicely for the most part after that. Defense won this game for the Flyers tonight in the 3rd period shutting down the Kraken on what seemed like only 2 shots. 

Looking forward to the game tonight. This will be the first game I've watched from start to finish this season and it's an outdoor game as well which makes it that much more exciting.

39 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Looking forward to the game tonight. This will be the first game I've watched from start to finish this season and it's an outdoor game as well which makes it that much more exciting.

I blame you for the start. Flyers suck in outdoor games. 

• Haha 1

They've had some good scoring chances but can't capitalize. Morgan Frost might be working his way back into the Torts doghouse. Hey, the Flyers are at least outhitting the Devils 13-3. :lol:

Too many wide open looks for the Devils tonight, the Flyers defense didn’t tighten up and Ersson played poorly. As cool as outdoor games are I’d be fine with the Flyers never having to play in one again

• Like 1

I turned it off when NJ made it 3-1. I knew they weren't coming back from that. 

Kenny albert has the enthusiasm of a brick :thumbdown:

• Like 1

How do the Rangers get another superstar goaltender right after Lundqvist? Shesterkin is unreal meanwhile the Flyers can’t buy one with a gun pointed at their head since the franchise began. Makes me sick 

• Like 1