Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

The annual Flyers 10 game losing streak has arrived!!!!! Normally this happens around the All Star break. I guess we all should be happy that we got to watch meaningful hockey into April this season instead of being eliminated from the playoffs by the end of January.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Fire that dinosaur Tortatella

I would expect next season to be his last in Philly.  He’s delivered higher than expectations this season, but the team looks like it’s spent their load and are rolling to the finish line with no fuel.

Next season, the expectations will be higher, and he’ll need to deliver a playoff berth and one series win.  At this point in his career he’s a coach that can get you to a certain level and help develop young players, but it will take a new coach to get them where they want to go.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 12:09 PM, Alphagrand said:

I would expect next season to be his last in Philly.  He’s delivered higher than expectations this season, but the team looks like it’s spent their load and are rolling to the finish line with no fuel.

Next season, the expectations will be higher, and he’ll need to deliver a playoff berth and one series win.  At this point in his career he’s a coach that can get you to a certain level and help develop young players, but it will take a new coach to get them where they want to go.

This is why I never understood the hire. Wrong coach and wrong time. The Flyers are truly an inept organization.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

This is why I never understood the hire. Wrong coach and wrong time. The Flyers are truly an inept organization.

There were lots of better candidates, for sure.  I was hoping at the time they would hire Barry Trotz.  Not sure Rick Tocchet was even on their radar, but it's hard to overlook the great job he's doing in Vancouver.  

well, at least torts got a few dogs adopted. 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

well, at least torts got a few dogs adopted. 

You mean Kevin Hayes? 😀

• Haha 4

Hot rumor is that Craig Berube will be the new Coach and Torts will move to an upstairs position. Rumor.

31 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Hot rumor is that Craig Berube will be the new Coach and Torts will move to an upstairs position. Rumor.

Berube again? Wish they would bring back Lavy if they were gonna hire a former coach 

5 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Berube again? Wish they would bring back Lavy if they were gonna hire a former coach 

Isn't Lavy coaching the Rangers? Berube at least has a recent cup win on his resume. Trotz would be nice but he's the GM of Nashville. Doubt he wants to take a step back and become a head coach again. 

Just now, vsptroops said:

Isn't Lavy coaching the Rangers? Berube at least has a recent cup win on his resume. Trotz would be nice but he's the GM of Nashville. Doubt he wants to take a step back and become a head coach again. 

Yes he is unfortunately but the Rags don’t need him. I’m still upset with how Holmgren shafted him 3 games into the season 

35 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Yes he is unfortunately but the Rags don’t need him. I’m still upset with how Holmgren shafted him 3 games into the season 

I'm pretty sure that was more of a Snider move but I agree, that was ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Without a goalie who cares

наша цель - мусор

On 4/6/2024 at 9:30 PM, LacesOut said:

When they lose, they really lose. Yeesh.

Yep

What the hell happened to this team? After the gauntlet they just decided that was the end of the road and call it a season. What a waste 

39 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Torts should be canned after this one

Agreed. Fire him now. 

9 freaking goals. WTF. Like I said above, yeesh, this team gets their asses kicked. 

• Like 1

i know the expectations were different, but the flyers have folded like the eagles did. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

What the hell happened to this team? After the gauntlet they just decided that was the end of the road and call it a season. What a waste 

That story sounds familiar.....

• Sad 1

I personally don't care whether they bring Torts back or not but what I do know is that this all too familiar. There are many of the same players who cratered under Dave Hakstol, Alain Vigneault, and now John Tortorella. When do the players start to take some responsibility in this? How about the front office for keeping the same players year after year and expecting different results. TK, Coots, Laughton, and Sanheim have all been here for multiple coaches and yet the same damn thing keeps occurring. Say what you will about Torts, and again, I'm indifferent if they bring him back, but when he has talent, he can get his teams to the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs. He won a cup with Tampa and took the Rangers to the finals. Look at the caliber of players those teams had and look at the caliber of players he has now. That's a huge difference. 

• Like 5

On 4/9/2024 at 11:30 AM, Blazehound said:

Comcast sucks !

Sell the team !

• Thanks 1

No 10 game losing streak this year. 😆

Of course they would beat the Rangers. how very Philadelphia of them. Too little too late. Ridiculous