Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The Phillies had a ton of chances to win in regulation. But it was nice the pen for the most part held up. 

oh no i switched over to the Phillies game to check them out during game 5. As soon as i did the Flyers scored 3 straight goals and i was like i guess i can’t watch. I didn’t turn back in and they won. So i figured if i didn’t watch tonight and the same thing happened then clearly i can’t watch the game as it’s bad luck. 

The curse of a hardcore sports fan.  

• Like 1

Holy crap what a game!

hart was stellar!  Hayes was all over.  Laughts was a stud again.  And god bless Oskar lindblom you beautiful Bald man. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Ghost would have been helpful in that late 4x4 situation.  Question is, do you change the D at this point or just roll with what you've done the past few games?  Agree, don't think he hurts us any more on D than Braun does, but his O is a BIG step up.

They'll stick with the same team because that's what hockey does (unless coots can go) but they shouldn't. Braun has been by far the worst defender the entire playoffs but gets to play because he's a right handed shot. Hagg has been far superior to him yet is always the one sitting for ghost, and when the ghost/braun pair inevitably sucks because braun is terrible, hagg comes back in. IIRC ghost and hagg have not played together in these playoffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, What The F said:

Just turned it on.  Was listening.  Now watching. 

You're welcome, everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

I doubt Couturier plays in game 7.

I’m pretty sure he might be done for a while. 

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

No he can watch, just at some point if it goes to overtime someone needs to turn off his internet so his stream goes down

It's on NBC, so it looks like I won't have to stream it 😆

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

This demko kid for Vancouver is ridiculous right now. 

Those strippers most have paid off.  Well worth the $45,000 fine 😂 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, devpool said:

They'll stick with the same team because that's what hockey does (unless coots can go) but they shouldn't. Braun has been by far the worst defender the entire playoffs but gets to play because he's a right handed shot. Hagg has been far superior to him yet is always the one sitting for ghost, and when the ghost/braun pair inevitably sucks because braun is terrible, hagg comes back in. IIRC ghost and hagg have not played together in these playoffs.

Agree with this.

I think they'll go with the same lineup as well.

3 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

Is she smoke? D cups or better?

Smokes with the best of ‘em.

Lets Go Flyers!

Not sure if it was the same on the US broadcast, but on HNIC both Craig Simpson and Kelly Hrudey were pushing the narrative all game of how much Varlamov is struggling.  It's easy to look at shots on goal, but I'm not sure you can fault him for any of the goals that went in.  Hayes was a great shot from 20 feet, JVR was a blast from the circle that got under his glove, Raffl was uncovered right on the doorstep when they got hemmed in (maybe bad rebound), Laughton was a breakaway where he dangled and roofed it, and Provorov was a screened shot that hit something and went in.  He's definitely getting outplayed by Hart, but his defense is breaking down at times also.

The Isles biggest problem right now is the Flyers strength -- Flyers have better top-end scorers and will take better advantage of opportunities.  Other than Barzal and maybe Anders Lee the Islanders have a lot of the same plumber-types that MTL had.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

STFU.  Don’t come in here.  Trying to talk ish now.  I let the other two go.  But you don’t f-ing talk about someone’s wife or kids.  

What other two?

This is standard sheet in here dude.  No harm meant.  Happy to delete it if you want.

8 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Ghost would have been helpful in that late 4x4 situation.  Question is, do you change the D at this point or just roll with what you've done the past few games?  Agree, don't think he hurts us any more on D than Braun does, but his O is a BIG step up.

In Game 6 the defense had ice time as follows:  Provorov 38 MIN, Niskanen 37 MIN, Sanheim 34 MIN, Myers 33 MIN, Braun 25 MIN, Hagg 20 MIN

If I were AV I'd probably insert Ghost for Braun -- when a veteran guy is struggling and slow and only being used as the 5-6 pairing anyway I'm not sure what the downside of sitting him down is.  Ghost would help in 2 big areas -- a big slapshot on the PP unit, and a defenseman who can carry the puck out of his own end.  The Flyers are having a heck of a time getting the puck out of their own zone, and the Isles are doing a better job because some of their D guys are carrying it out.

I've been impressed enough with Philippe Myers I would make a move next season to use him and Provorov as the 1-2 defense pairing.  Myers and Sanheim are a good tandem together, but IMO you've got to move Niskanen off of that top defense pairing -- he's just not good enough.  In a perfect world the Flyers would sign Pietrangelo in free agency and send Niskanen packing, but I don't see that as possible.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Other two posters.  

Listen.  I’m all for a lot.  Hell im an idiot moron bully dooooshbag.  I know that.  There’s just some lines.   Call me everything in the book.  Cause I’m sure I’m it.  But not my family.  

All good.  Just saying.  

Fair enough.  Moms and wives are typically joked about in What's Up.  Would you like me to remove the post?  I have no trouble doing that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I can’t believe we are in game 7 without a PP goal and getting completely out played.   I guess the PP mindset is just not going to change.  Should be given the nickname, "insanity power play”. 

I refer to it as the never play.

7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

STFU.  Don’t come in here.  Trying to talk ish now.  I let the other two go.  But you don’t f-ing talk about someone’s wife or kids.  

3qzg9h.jpg

49 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m the most ignorant Fer around.  But you don’t talk ish about someone’s family.  You’re punk arse already tried that in another thread.  Guaranteed you wouldn’t say that ish in person.  

3qzg9h.jpg

In reference to the Braun vs. Ghost discussion. Since the Flyers are the top seed and the 'home' team for game 7, they will get last change. AV will be able to better dictate the use of Braun and not the other way around (if you see the matchups in game 6, Barzal was on the ice a ton vs. Braun). While I do think Ghost brings more to the table in terms of offense & skating (and defensively that are basically even) I am not sure AV goes that route as he can somewhat keep Braun away from the Barzal line. Of course, if you insert Ghost, you could also pick your spots on where you use him too - meanwhile using that offensive upside. Should be interesting what decision is made.

I do expect this game to be tough to win - I give the Flyers a 40% chance - not because I am negative but because the Flyers have massive spells where they completely stop skating and the defensemen/ lower end forwards turn pucks over or fail to clear the zone. If they skate the entire game, they are better top to bottom than NYI - but that is a massive 'IF".

33 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Bette Midler or ABBA?

Bette Midler. Seems to really get My juices flowing for game 7. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If you're the Islanders, do you start Varlarmov tomorrow?  I think it was pretty obvious Trotz was comtemplating on pulling him after our 2nd goal.  That indecision might have cost them that game.  

That’s a good question, and Greiss wasn’t exactly a pushover when we faced him, in relief or otherwise.  It’s game 7, so my guess is he goes with his proven starter instead of Greiss and prays that he wakes up.

• Like 1

The Islanders have scored at least 3 goals in every single game of this series.  Hard to believe the Flyers haven’t found a way to keep them off the board at all.

Call me crazy, but I think their scorers go cold in Game 7.  It’ll be a 3-1 win for PHI; I’ll even double-dip and predict Konecny scores a goal.