Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

7 hours ago, Blazehound said:

He’s a decent defensive defensemen, bottom pairing type. No offense and not great in transition. Plays the PK well.

Pretty much exactly what we need, thanks. 

I know I'm going to break a lot of hearts here.

The Flyers have been officially eliminated from playoff contention.

• Haha 2

On 3/29/2022 at 10:34 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I know I'm going to break a lot of hearts here.

The Flyers have been officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Damnit!  I was hanging onto hope.

Seriously though, I only watch games now out of morbid curiosity of how they'll manage to lose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are there any billionaire Philadelphians who we could petition to buy this franchise so it has an owner who maybe gives a $hit?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Are there any billionaire Philadelphians who we could petition to buy this franchise so it has an owner who maybe gives a $hit?

For real.  Not having an owner - singular - to stare you down when you fail like this is a huge part of the problem.

• Like 2

How badly does someone have to be playing for the head coach to have to end their 989-game iron man streak as a healthy scratch? 

"I know we’re eliminated and playing for nothing, and you have this record streak you want to extend …. but you’re so terrible we can’t stand to even see you in the lineup”

Great acquisition by Fletcher.  A solid -39 in 67 games.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

How badly does someone have to be playing for the head coach to have to end their 989-game iron man streak as a healthy scratch? 

"I know we’re eliminated and playing for nothing, and you have this record streak you want to extend …. but you’re so terrible we can’t stand to even see you in the lineup”

Poverty franchise. I really hope comcrap sells.

Flyers are terrible.

Please remove the Phillies from your thread title.

I see Phillies. I click on Phillies.

I don't wanna click on Phillies and see Flyers nonsense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Poverty franchise. I really hope comcrap sells.

Sadly it’s reaching clown-show level dysfunctional at this point as well.  Pulling a move like this will turn the players against that coach.  Yandle was a dumb addition and hasn’t been very good for a long time, but 989 consecutive games played means a lot to his teammates I’m sure — especially when he would have gotten to 1,000 before the end of this lost season.  There was no "harm” in having him out there because they’re not playing for anything other than a high draft pick.

It’s reminiscent of the Giants benching Eli, except there’s only one QB on the field — if he’s bad the team will lose.  Yeo could have simply put Yandle at the end of the bench as the 7th defenceman and given him 4-5 minutes of ice time per game.

Just a really clownish and no-class move by the franchise 

• Like 1

That Pronger read is a good one.  Some of these guys are clearly going broke in the course of trying to invest for their future at the hands of dirtbags.  Not all of them lose money doing outwardly stupid things. 

On 4/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, Alphagrand said:

Don’t forget about his great trade for Ellis. Who like what he has been the past couple years injury prone. Played a whole 4 games. Only Move he made this offseason that was somewhat good was Atkinson. Heck the Kevin Hayes signing a couple years ago looks worse and worse each year. Which was said at the time that contract would likely not age well. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 12:20 AM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t forget about his great trade for Ellis. Who like what he has been the past couple years injury prone. Played a whole 4 games. Only Move he made this offseason that was somewhat good was Atkinson. Heck the Kevin Hayes signing a couple years ago looks worse and worse each year. Which was said at the time that contract would likely not age well. 

Ellis is the David Robertson signing of the Flyers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

Ellis is the David Robertson signing of the Flyers. 

I said about 3 off seasons ago after they missed the playoffs they should’ve started a rebuild then. They weren’t going to win a title with that group of guys and you could’ve maximized the value of guys like G, voracek and simmonds.  they’ve now missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years.  The one year they made it they appeared to look like a contender until the habs gave them issues and they survived to win 3 games against the islanders but majority of that series were outplayed

If you did it then and maximized the trade value for those guys you have picks and young prospects growing with what you had in the system. Please don’t give me G wouldn’t waive his NTC. He would’ve if you told him you were going complete rebuild and weren’t going after a cup and wasting his prime years. Likely getting out of rebuild phase around now and into a playoff caliber team with a chance to make a big jump in FA this upcoming offseason. The issue now is you have to do a rebuild cause this team isn’t very good with who is coming back, some of these prospect doesn’t hard flyers fans keep drooling over aren’t nearly as good as they made them out to be and we have guys like Ellis, hayes and some others who aren’t nearly as good or contributing to what they’re being paid. This could take 3 years to get yourself back to being a legitimate contender in the east. That’s if fletcher doesnt F it up which looks like he very well could to try and save his ass  

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I said about 3 off seasons ago after they missed the playoffs they should’ve started a rebuild then. They weren’t going to win a title with that group of guys and you could’ve maximized the value of guys like G, voracek and simmonds.  they’ve now missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years.  The one year they made it they appeared to look like a contender until the habs gave them issues and they survived to win 3 games against the islanders but majority of that series were outplayed

If you did it then and maximized the trade value for those guys you have picks and young prospects growing with what you had in the system. Please don’t give me G wouldn’t waive his NTC. He would’ve if you told him you were going complete rebuild and weren’t going after a cup and wasting his prime years. Likely getting out of rebuild phase around now and into a playoff caliber team with a chance to make a big jump in FA this upcoming offseason. The issue now is you have to do a rebuild cause this team isn’t very good with who is coming back, some of these prospect doesn’t hard flyers fans keep drooling over aren’t nearly as good as they made them out to be and we have guys like Ellis, hayes and some others who aren’t nearly as good or contributing to what they’re being paid. This is going 

Everyone wants a rebuild my guy. What happened in the past is the past but this team sucks, they’ve been bad for years and we all know it. It’s not under our control but we can only hope for change. Ed would never had let it come this far if he were still alive. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Everyone wants a rebuild my guy. What happened in the past is the past but this team sucks, they’ve been bad for years and we all know it. It’s not under our control but we can only hope for change. Ed would never had let it come this far if he were still alive. 

Not everyone. We had some on here and die hard flyers fans that didn’t want to give up G and thought they could win a title with that roster and adding. The biggest problem was the flyers refused to believe their core wasn’t good enough and thought we could just add in FA to put us over. they needed to start over because they didn’t want to move on from G and voracek until it became abundantly clear it wasn’t going to be enough. 

to me it wasn’t about Claude giroux  if he was great or not. It was about his maximum value at that specific time and the flyers were not close to being a legitimate Stanley Cup contender. So you were better off maximizing his value, bringing in picks and prospects to build so you could eventually have a roster that was good enough to compete for Stanley Cup. Now you have a bad roster and minimal return on giroux to help build, some poor contracts and it’s gonna take you even longer to get there now.

At this point we have to and everyone sees it besides possibly the flyers and fletcher. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Tell me you're in your 20's without telling me you're in your 20's...

I’d rather say that than bro. Add at least another 15 years then make fun of me all you want 

12 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Oh, look!  A road win in Columbus!

At this point it’s better for them to lose for draft lottery position. They got 5 games against Ottawa, Sabres (2), Chicago and the ducks. Really going to determine what their lottery odds are going to be. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At this point it’s better for them to lose for draft lottery position. They got 5 games against Ottawa, Sabres (2), Chicago and the ducks. Really going to determine what their lottery odds are going to be. 

I definitely agree.  It’s just crazy to think that they actually won a road game.  They’re a terrible team, but especially so on the road this year.

• Like 1

They only lost by 7 goals.

Caps played angry. Like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli angry. 

😆

• Haha 1