Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Wasnt there a better option?

They wanted trotz but he turned them and $7.5 mil down. Frankly the flyers are dumb. They are likely firing fletcher at the end of next year when they are not much better next year. Which means you likely have a GM replacing him that wants his own coach. Which it’s a hard sell for a team that needs a rebuild and likely replacing the GM in a year. Flyers continuously are dumb when it comes to moving on from coaches and GMs. They should’ve fired fletcher after this year. They’ve missed the playoffs 3 of 4 years he’s been here. Likely going to missing next year too.  And we have some bad contracts. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, LacesOut said:

Hopefully the Avs can keep rolling and win the Cup.

Demolished TB last night.

No matter who wins the Cup, the Flyers will still be a whollyowned subsidiary of Comcast :thumbdown:

• Like 1

Did they sell the team yet?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Then the Avs got smoked. 

This series probably goes 7 games?

Idk i won’t say no cause tampa is talented enough to come back from 3-1. But that third period and overtime it felt like they were gassed and Colorado was flying. If not for Vas and some posts the lightning really could’ve lost by 2-3 goals. I kind of would be surprised if tampa wins game 5

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk i won’t say no cause tampa is talented enough to come back from 3-1. But that third period and overtime it felt like they were gassed and Colorado was flying. If not for Vas and some posts the lightning really could’ve lost by 2-3 goals. I kind of would be surprised if tampa wins game 5

Tampa definitely looks gassed. If they don’t have the get up on home ice in that situation, they’re never going to get it. They really miss a healthy point out there.

Avs close it out in game 5.

• Like 1

Classic NHL.  Allowing a blatant offside goal in OT to count to decide Game 5.  I would say unbelievable -- but it is the NHL, after all.

On 6/18/2022 at 12:45 PM, ToastJenkins said:

Wasnt there a better option?

Paul Maurice would have been a much better choice, even if Trotz turned down the job.

Torts says the Flyers need "an identity that matches the city" 🙄 

Actually, what they need is talent and ownership with a clue.

20 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

image.gif.4ac78669e221b624aa5565b737c6339a.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yknow, there is something about that Back to the Future scene that bothers me. They’re watching an old Honeymooners episode, which makes perfect sense. But it wasn’t the actual episode that aired on that specific date. They could have added an extra touch of realism if they had shown a scene from the episode that aired on that day. It feels like a lost opportunity.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

sharp shooters and drug addicts ?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, greenskeeper said:

sharp shooters and drug addicts ?

They might fight harder than this squad. Any walk-ons from Kensington worth a look?

The formal excuse is that symptoms didn’t appear until recently.

Looks like tampa is dead since the first goal the Avs scored. I’d say took the wind out of their sails but i think Colorado just looks like the fresher teams over the past couple games as the games got to the third period. Even last game i thought tampa managed to get a goal but Colorado was the better team later in the game.  

Can take NAK off the flyers but you can’t take the flyers out of him 

Trade is gonna wind up being a disaster. Such a. Dumb move knowing he was perpetually injured 3 of 4 years and making a ton of money for the next 6. It was a given he’d get hurt again. Now who the hell knows what’s going to happen.

• Haha 1

Seriously, just forget about this team. They don't exist.

• Haha 1