Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

We can all agree that Chuck Fletcher was an abject failure as a GM, but you have to give him credit for the Giroux trade. He had his hands tied the whole time because Claude only wanted to go to Florida, and we still got back what looks like a superstar in the making in Owen Tippett and I believe Florida's first rounder this year as well which gives them 3 first rounders in this year's draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

We can all agree that Chuck Fletcher was an abject failure as a GM, but you have to give him credit for the Giroux trade. He had his hands tied the whole time because Claude only wanted to go to Florida, and we still got back what looks like a superstar in the making in Owen Tippett and I believe Florida's first rounder this year as well which gives them 3 first rounders in this year's draft. 

I disagree. As happy as I am that the Tippett pick worked out, that was a little lucky. He should have traded G 2 years before he did. Would have gotten lot more for him.

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I disagree. As happy as I am that the Tippett pick worked out, that was a little lucky. He should have traded G 2 years before he did. Would have gotten lot more for him.

Oh, no doubt there was luck involved. I seriously doubt Florida trades him if they believed he would turn out like he has. I also agree about Giroux, but you have to realize that the old guard in charge, including Dave Scott, didn't want to do that because to them, it would be considered waving the white flag on their season. Just horrible leadership and lack of vision all around that front office. Hopefully the future is brighter and so far, it looks like it will be. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Oh, no doubt there was luck involved. I seriously doubt Florida trades him if they believed he would turn out like he has. I also agree about Giroux, but you have to realize that the old guard in charge, including Dave Scott, didn't want to do that because to them, it would be considered waving the white flag on their season. Just horrible leadership and lack of vision all around that front office. Hopefully the future is brighter and so far, it looks like it will be. 

Yeah man. Sanheim’s late development has been nice. A lot of young guys who are showing promise. And our #1 pick in the KHL is crushing it. You hope that Ersson is legit and maybe can get a haul for Carter.  Hopefully good times ahead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Yeah man. Sanheim’s late development has been nice. A lot of young guys who are showing promise. And our #1 pick in the KHL is crushing it. You hope that Ersson is legit and maybe can get a haul for Carter.  Hopefully good times ahead. 

When they hired Torts, I had my doubts like some people, but his hiring was definitely needed by this organization. He has a structure of discipline and accountability that was severely lacking for several years. It usually takes him a year or so to figure out who he can work with and who he can't. If you don't play by his rules, then you're out. He doesn't care about contract or draft status at all. Now we see guys like Konecny, Tippett, Farabee, and Frost playing up to their capabilities. I understand that his style of coaching has a shelf life but so far, so good. When he was hired I figured he would last 4 years. Not sure if he will still be the coach when Michkov eventually comes over but that would be interesting to see how he would take to Torts's coaching style.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

When they hired Torts, I had my doubts like some people, but his hiring was definitely needed by this organization. He has a structure of discipline and accountability that was severely lacking for several years. It usually takes him a year or so to figure out who he can work with and who he can't. If you don't play by his rules, then you're out. He doesn't care about contract or draft status at all. Now we see guys like Konecny, Tippett, Farabee, and Frost playing up to their capabilities. I understand that his style of coaching has a shelf life but so far, so good. When he was hired I figured he would last 4 years. Not sure if he will still be the coach when Michkov eventually comes over but that would be interesting to see how he would take to Torts's coaching style.

Does he have a chance to play for us not next season but the season after?

I’ve seen enough of Hart. Trade him soon and hope Ersson is the goalie. If not, construct the roster and then look for a goalie down the line. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I’ve seen enough of Hart. Trade him soon and hope Ersson is the goalie. If not, construct the roster and then look for a goalie down the line. 

He isn't even close to what he was hyped to be

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

We are getting to the point where the league is gonna catch on. Sell asap for the most value. 

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

Does he have a chance to play for us not next season but the season after?

If he fulfills his KHL control, the earliest he would be here is the 26-27 season. I also agree about Hart. He is what he is at this point. Sell high if you can. 

• Like 1

Horrible give away.  These two games are turning out to be a rotten weekend for me.  Big disappointment after the great road trip.  No telling when I'll get to see games live again given the time difference.

Particularly depressing to lose to lowly Ottawa.

Outplayed by Ottawa. Team played very poorly and turned the puck over too much

3 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Outplayed by Ottawa. Team played very poorly and turned the puck over too much

They played like sheet

Horrible Weekend.

@Blazehound What is your weird obsession with Hart? It’s obvious he is too inconsistent and lets in soft goals way too much. It doesn’t matter that he can make the mouth dropping saves once in a while if he lets in bad goals too often?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

@Blazehound What is your weird obsession with Hart? It’s obvious he is too inconsistent and lets in soft goals way too much. It doesn’t matter that he can make the mouth dropping saves once in a while if he lets in bad goals too often?

Hart gets a free pas from tons of people, not just him

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Hart gets a free pas from tons of people, not just him

Agreed. It’s really odd. 

On 1/20/2024 at 3:07 PM, Joe Shades 73 said:

On 1/20/2024 at 3:13 PM, Khani1 said:

We are getting to the point where the league is gonna catch on. Sell asap for the most value. 

Tbh goaltending across the league is complete ish. Even with Hart not playing up to what we expected him to be, he’s still better than most of who is in the league rn, even taking into account the increase in players due to expansion. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

Tbh goaltending across the league is complete ish. Even with Hart not playing up to what we expected him to be, he’s still better than most of who is in the league rn, even taking into account the increase in players due to expansion. 

Even more reason to sell high soon. 

What happened to Hart? He heard our trade rumors and is now out indefinitely?

Carter Hart can go take a long walk off a short pier. If they can get anything of value for him, they need to do it. Start Ersson the rest of the season and bring up Sandstrom or whoever as the backup. Just glad they didn't give him some stupid long-term contract (Fletcher would have given him a 7/70 contract with a full NTC and NMC and stock in Comcast and a personal yacht). 

The ship is sinking

5 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

The ship is sinking

Looks like we woke up

Michkov is apparently having health issues in Russia too. The saga continues …