Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - What are we expecting in 24/25?

Featured Replies

That's a back breaker.  Giving up a goal just before the period ends and after a quick whistle on an icing call.  Still have to win that face-off there and not give them an opportunity and they ran a good set play to score. 

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 375k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Did she just Freudian slip on clock?

 

giggity

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Did she just Freudian slip on clock?

 

giggity

Damn.  I was texting a friend and missed it.

I'd slip her some 'clock'.

 

JVR should get an assist on that goal.  Nice you want to help your teammate, but not when there's an odd man rush on your goal. 

Think the 6 games in 9 days is showing in their legs and focus right now.

 

hate to say it but we have to build a new core and no im not saying tank, im saying we have to aquire talent and not hope for it.

Missed both games over the weekend but was scoreboard watching and watched highlights. Consensus seems to be that officiating was terrible Sunday but even still don't win many games scoring only 1 goal.

They get the Sabres without eichel again today 

4 hours ago, devpool said:

Missed both games over the weekend but was scoreboard watching and watched highlights. Consensus seems to be that officiating was terrible Sunday but even still don't win many games scoring only 1 goal.

They get the Sabres without eichel again today 

That along with the goalie stood on his head are the go to excuses for most loses

 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

ESPN overall sucks but they did hockey better than NBC SN

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

Can't stand ESPN anymore but I guess this is good news. Back in the day it was Bill Clement and Gary Thorne on the broadcasts and Steve Levy and Barry Melrose in the studio. Good times. 

Feast or famine for the Flyers' D vs BUF.  They let up 6 goals in the first game then posted 3 consecutive shutouts and now have given up 4 goals in 2 periods.

 

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

ESPN overall sucks but they did hockey better than NBC SN

Gary Thorne and Bill Clement...those were the days!

PECO Powerplay time for the chance to tie it up.

A couple good shifts in the O zone.  Don't get cute here.  Bodies in front and pucks on net.

 

Return of the 👻 🐻?

And now we give BUF a PP chance.  :censored:

Coots tried to do too much there.

 

I hate the F'ing shootout. 

addition:  Good approach by both Coots (he should have done this on his OT breakaway) and Patrick.  Little subtle fakes and quick shots up high. 

Nice comeback win.  Good pickup after dropping 3 of 4.

 

It occurred to me the other day that it's getting close to 20 years now, and I still hate it just as much as I did then.

Damn, it's been nearly 20 years of this?  And I also have never liked each team getting 1pt for going to OT.  I guess because it's 3v3 it's like 1 or 2 rungs above the SO thus they award both teams with 1pt.  I don't agree if that's the case as it's still fluid open play.  Always thought they should award 3pts for a regulation/OT W and 2pts for a SO win with the loser of the SO getting 1pt. 

 

11 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

16 years 

Yeah, and it's been close to 17 since the last tie game, since they added the SO after a yearlong lockout in '04-'05.

1 hour ago, Green_Guinness said:

Damn, it's been nearly 20 years of this?  And I also have never liked each team getting 1pt for going to OT.  I guess because it's 3v3 it's like 1 or 2 rungs above the SO thus they award both teams with 1pt.  I don't agree if that's the case as it's still fluid open play.  Always thought they should award 3pts for a regulation/OT W and 2pts for a SO win with the loser of the SO getting 1pt. 

 

The LA Kings made the playoffs in 2011-2012 as an 8-seed, with fewer wins than the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche (who both missed the playoffs) but more overtime losses, thus finishing with more points (and were the first team to make the playoffs with a losing record and more than 90 points), and won the Stanley Cup.

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I hope they bring back Darren Pang along with Clement and others.  

Clement was still doing some Flyers broadcasts earlier this year, wasn't he? NBC/Comcast contract probably wouldn't allow him to do ESPN games.

23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Is Thorne stilling doing games for MSG?

I'm not sure if he's doing hockey for MSG, but I do know that he was calling baseball for I believe the Orioles on MASN last  time I came across him.
 

 

23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

BTW, where is that guy who got all pissy when I called Hart overrated.  Kinda quiet lately, isn't he?


Hart is an enigma. Too early to judge the guy overall, but he's definitely a disappointment right now. Coming into the season, I'd say the hype was justified, even though there were some ominous signs about his development during the playoffs last year. Is he overrated currently? I think it's hard to say, because most fans would probably tell you right now that he's not good enough, so they'd be properly rating him. It's a difficult year with the pandemic ongoing, and it's not unusual for a young goalie to hit a slump along the way even in normal times, so I'm hopeful he can get it turned around. Maybe he needs a new coach.

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Clement was still doing some Flyers broadcasts earlier this year, wasn't he? NBC/Comcast contract probably wouldn't allow him to do ESPN games.

Clement retired this year

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Clement retired this year

Good for him! I'll miss his old-school perspective.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.