Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - What are we expecting in 24/25?

Featured Replies

8 minutes ago, devpool said:

Oh he definitely did, a terrible turnover on a cross ice pass. But it was a one on one and it wasn't like he made an amazing movie, hart should have had it

Well flyers seems to be pulling a sixers from Saturday night and playing lackadaisical against a team down its best player that they should beat. 

Flyers just getting out worked and crap kicked this period. 

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 375k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Why do I bother?

Complete 180 from last period

Almost like they got the 1st goal and then took their foot off the gas because the Pens are without the big Dbag.  They're letting this game get away from them.

 

Just now, Green_Guinness said:

Almost like they got the 1st goal and then took their foot off the gas because the Pens are without the big Dbag.  They're letting this game get away from them.

 

Kind of feels like what the Sixers did on Saturday night where they got a lead and they thought they could coast against a team they were better than and wound up losing the game as the team played with more urgency and energy.

And of course jarry playing like he is now and getting all the breaks. 

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Giroux loves to pass so much.  He should pass off the C to someone else.  

if patty kane ever becomes available, he's that piece that will get us to the finals, proven leader, goal scorer, doesnt take nights off. that's what they need right now, that proven leader, goal scorer type, they just dont have that piece that will get us over the hump.

This f'n team and not shooting.  WTF!

Lol this team went into the locker room after the first and decided they didn't want to play anymore. 

The slingshot entry is the dumbest ish in hockey, all it does is waste time

Hard to win games going 0-fer on the PP 

Coots has a point blank shot near the right hash on the PP with no one blocking his shooting lane and he passes to G who is all the way at the goaline for a shot.

Lmfao hagg. Jesus what a whiff

Inching our way closer. 

Farabee again!!

At least we got Farabee!

And that’ll end it. Good job defense. 

Idk how jarry didn't just trap that floater but we'll take it

Score a goal, give one up immediately.  Repeat.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Welp.  That’s that.  Can’t blame Hart for that.  Great passing.  JFC.  I hate losing to this team almost as much as the Cowboys 

Agreed and Cindy isn't even playing yet.

5bd.jpg.d8295988641c07cab7e6c55a5b9bc9ee.jpg

Patrick and Lindblom will need until next year to get their legs/bodies back into hockey shape.

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Welp.  That’s that.  Can’t blame Hart for that.  Great passing.  JFC.  I hate losing to this team almost as much as the Cowboys 

Frankly I don’t think their defense is nearly good enough to win a cup. I don’t think they’re legitimate contenders because I think if you put them against teams like Tampa Bay, Boston and some of those teams in a seven game series they’re not gonna win a seven game series against them. their defense isn’t good enough. Losing niskanen hurt by even with niskanen i didn’t think they were good enough.

I like provorov, sanheim and Myers but i don’t think any of them are legit no. 1 defensemen. Maybe at some point they become that as they advance and mature but i don’t see any of them as a pietrangelo, Duncan Keith, doughty. I’m not sure any of them ever become that great. I understand Flyers fans like to think their prospects are going to be that but just because you’re good does not mean they become great. Go look at the last 10 Stanley Cup winners besides the Penguins who only had Kris Letang and they made up for it by having the best player on the planet all of them have had that type of number one defenseman. I don’t see the flyers having that. 

Lol the flyers can't hit an open net from the face off dot and of course that guy hits it from center ice 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly I don’t think their defense is nearly good enough to win a cup. I don’t think they’re legitimate contenders because I think if you put them against teams like Tampa Bay, Boston and some of those teams in a seven game series they’re not gonna win a seven game series against them. their defense isn’t good enough. Losing niskanen hurt by even with niskanen i didn’t think they were good enough.

I like provorov, sanheim and Myers but i don’t think any of them are legit no. 1 defensemen. Maybe at some point they become that as they advance and mature but i don’t see any of them as a pietrangelo, Duncan Keith, doughty. I’m not sure any of them ever become that great. I understand Flyers fans like to think their prospects are going to be there but just because you’re good does not mean they’re great   Go look at the last 10 Stanley Cup winners besides the Penguins who only had Kris Letang and they made up for it by having the best player on the planet all of them have had that type of number one defenseman. I don’t see the flyers having that. 

Provorov isn't that #1 shut down defensemen.  If he has a good partner who is also a #2, he can thrive.  Our defense needs a lot of work.  I think the trade for Ekhlom and then extend him isn't the worst idea.  I know you said one of Myers or Sanhiem would be exposed during the next expansion draft but you deal with that as it gets closer.  You could use one of them in a package to trade for a goal scorer.

10 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Provorov isn't that #1 shut down defensemen.  If he has a good partner who is also a #2, he can thrive.  Our defense needs a lot of work.  I think the trade for Ekhlom and then extend him isn't the worst idea.  I know you said one of Myers or Sanhiem would be exposed during the next expansion draft but you deal with that as it gets closer.  You could use one of them in a package to trade for a goal scorer.

I wouldn’t make that move simply because I don’t think that puts them over the top of Tampa Bay or Boston. To me the Flyers are just not ready yet to be a legitimate Stanley Cup contender. I think they’re good and I think they’re in that tier right after Boston, Tampa Bay and teams like that who are legitimate contenders. This team isn’t ready yet.  I’d rather til next year. I just don’t think this year they are ready to compete with Boston or tampa. 

let’s just be honest with ourselves the Flyers record really isn’t indicative of how they play this year. There’s a lot of games where you come out of it saying wow they won but that was not very impressive. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.