Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - What are we expecting in 24/25?

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I keep playing them so they get the experience. They need to play to get better and learn from their mistakes and get better. I’m not against making a trade if the right players comes along but I’m not just trading them to trade them. I deal away veterans who i don’t think are part of the teams long term plans. I use the cap space i acquire to add pieces around them that are on the same timeline as the Flyers are on or wait until they are ready to make big splashes. Frankly i think this team as high as they are on provy needs to find a no. 1 defenseman to go with provy. I think scoring wise they have enough in their farm to eventually get there. Plus with the cap space i can add a piece or two when the time comes 

in my opinion i think it's more of who can keep up with these good teams like terms of speed and physicality and that's who i keep. tough call with hart, i really think he needs to go back to lv for a few seasons until he gets his confidence back, i think he was brought up too early, if it doesnt work that's fine because we have other goalie prospects that might be a superstar, although i dont think it's good idea to rush them like we did with hart. i think we have go bridge with goalies again until one of them is ready to the starting job, that's worse case scenario.

 

i trust fletch that he will get this team back because of what he did with the wild and of course he had bad luck with goalies, so im not concerned about fletch, i think it will take time.

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 375k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, toughfighter83 said:

in my opinion i think it's more of who can keep up with these good teams like terms of speed and physicality and that's who i keep. tough call with hart, i really think he needs to go back to lv for a few seasons until he gets his confidence back, i think he was brought up too early, if it doesnt work that's fine because we have other goalie prospects that might be a superstar, although i dont think it's good idea to rush them like we did with hart. i think we have go bridge with goalies again until one of them is ready to the starting job, that's worse case scenario.

 

i trust fletch that he will get this team back because of what he did with the wild and of course he had bad luck with goalies, so im not concerned about fletch, i think it will take time.

I think you have to let hart play this out. He’s definitely having a disappointing season but I kind of think the scheduling has screwed him up. They stopped in March had 4 1/2 months off which is like an off-season then started playing for about 2 months and then had about 2 1/2 to 3 months off again. I think when you’re a young guy and you’re a goaltender you need to stick to your regiment and be on the schedule you normally are and this just completely has messed with them. I would be willing to bet next year he bounces back to what we think he should be. I don’t know if he’s ever going to be in elite Hall of Fame type goaltender like some flyers fans think. I think he could be a very good goaltender.

I agree he’s lost confidence but I also think the defense doesn’t give them very much confidence that he’s going to have a chance to steal them some games. At least last year in the playoffs the defense might not have been spectacular but it was at least average so he could potential he steal them a game or two like he did in the Islander series. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think you have to let hart play this out. He’s definitely having a disappointing season but I kind of think the scheduling has screwed him up. They stopped in March had 4 1/2 months off which is like an off-season then started playing for about 2 months and then had about 2 1/2 to 3 months off again. I think when you’re a young guy and you’re a goaltender you need to stick to your regiment and be on the schedule you normally are and this just completely has messed with them. I would be willing to bet next year he bounces back to what we think he should be. I don’t know if he’s ever going to be in elite Hall of Fame type goaltender like some flyers fans think. I think he could be a very good goaltender.

I agree he’s lost confidence but I also think the defense doesn’t give them very much confidence that he’s going to have a chance to steal them some games. At least last year in the playoffs the defense might not have been spectacular but it was at least average so he could potential he steal them a game or two like he did in the Islander series. 

i agree, hopefully they work the kinks out and things will go right next year.

Lindblom's back!

we need a pure goal scorer.

Even JJ hates the slingshot pass on the PP.

Way to waste a potential GW PP opportunity.

 

Fitting for the Flyers. Just be sellers. You trail Boston with two games in hand by 2 points. You aren’t catching the penguins. And bruins likely get hot and you won’t catch them. 

Sloppy play and a TO in your own end is a good way to lose a game. 

9 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Sloppy play and a TO in your own end is a good way to lose a game. 

It wouldn’t be the flyers if they didn’t have a bad turnover in their own defensive zone that cost them a goal. That’s the type of crap that repeatedly hurt them in the playoffs last year. How many times do they have to turn the damn thing over in their own zone that gives their opponent a Ton of opportunities. That’s been one of their biggest problem since that Montreal series.

Great.  Another sloppy TO in your own zone, and shorthanded as well, with less than 10 seconds to go in the period and you let up a goal to go down 2-1.  This team loves to turn the puck over in bad positions.  I hope Taryn is wearing something sexy tonight because it's really not fun watching this team.

 

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How long will this go on before something happens?  How is this defense so bad this year.  Niskanen was one guy.   

Tbh this started around the end of that lightning game in the round Robin and through the habs and islanders series. I think the Flyers have been exposed. Hart playing this poorly was unexpected though. I feel hart saved the Flyers a ton in the two rounds of the playoffs when they won games. 

Good opportunity on the shorthanded 2-on-1, but Coots clangs the iron.

And back to the PK.

 

29 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh this started around the end of that lightning game in the round Robin and through the habs and islanders series. I think the Flyers have been exposed. Hart playing this poorly was unexpected though. I feel hart saved the Flyers a ton in the two rounds of the playoffs when they won games. 

goalie is the problem but the leadership is the bigger problem, they are not showing up when it's fabby doing everything, that's a biggggg problem.

1 minute ago, toughfighter83 said:

goalie is the problem but the leadership is the bigger problem, they are not showing up when it's fabby doing everything, that's a biggggg problem.

Yeah leadership has been an issue. People just don’t want to admit it because They want to blame everything else except that when it’s obvious that’s a major problem as well 

Tumblr: Image

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah leadership has been an issue. People just don’t want to admit it because They want to blame everything else except that when it’s obvious that’s a major problem as well 

i know that's almost like saying we can still win games when embiid and simmons dont show up like heck no.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  Not like this.  This defense was never this bad in the postseason.   They would have times where the whole team got outplayed.  But not breakdowns like this.  This is a complete collapse of leadership and coaching.  

They were pretty bad in that islander series. We just don’t remember it being as bad because they managed to somehow win three games even though there were large stretches of those game where they couldn’t get out of their zone and were grossly outshot and outplayed for multiple periods of games. we manage to win three games by surviving and getting one shot on goal in overtime to win it meanwhile the Islanders were peppering us with shots and we couldn’t get the puck out. It is why we would blow three goal leads or two goal leads we built up in the first period in that series

I think it’s progressively gotten worse to this year. But it was not good in that islanders series either

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They were pretty bad in that islander series. We just don’t remember it being as bad because they managed to somehow win three games even though there were large stretches of those game where they couldn’t get out of their zone and were grossly outshot and outplayed for multiple periods of games. we manage to win three games by surviving and getting one shot on goal in overtime to win it meanwhile the Islanders were peppering us with shots and we couldn’t get the puck out. It is why we would blow three goal leads or two goal leads we built up in the first period in that series

I think it’s progressively gotten worse to this year. But it was not good in that islanders series either

even when hak was canned, gordon wasnt doing any better with this team, sometimes you have to wonder if joel q saw this team had no talent and that's why he went to florida because that team had talent i mean they had players that were scoring 30 or more goals a game before q came there. our players werent doing that at all and it's pretty evident that this team isnt that talented if they were q would have came here.

feel bad for av and lackluster offseason wasnt going to make the job for av any easier.

hopefully fletch will find ways to get rid of dead weight and replace the players with better talent, if not we are in trouble.

6 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

even when hak was canned, gordon wasnt doing any better with this team, sometimes you have to wonder if joel q saw this team had no talent and that's why he went to florida because that team had talent i mean they had players that were scoring 30 or more goals a game before q came there. our players werent doing that at all and it's pretty evident that this team isnt that talented if they were q would have came here.

feel bad for av and lackluster offseason wasnt going to make the job for av any easier.

hopefully fletch will find ways to get rid of dead weight and replace the players with better talent, if not we are in trouble.

To be perfectly honest I thought they overpaid for Kevin Hayes. He’s has been good but at the time I thought they overpaid for him and as that contract gets closer to the end it would be more of a hinderance than helping them. I wouldn’t have made that move either.  I didn’t hate that move but I didn’t think it was as great as Flyers fans made it out to be.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

To be perfectly honest I thought they overpaid for Kevin Hayes.

I felt the exact same way. Now, earlier this year, I was thinking I was going to have to eat my words, but who knows anymore.

As much as I like to see the Flyers in the playoffs, it may be best if they continue to bottom out and miss it this year. I don't want Fletcher making a dumb, short sighted trade when in reality, this team is more than 1 dman away from competing for a cup. Reset in the off-season and hopefully they can clear out some of the dead wood on this team. 

51 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I felt the exact same way. Now, earlier this year, I was thinking I was going to have to eat my words, but who knows anymore.

My bigger problem with that contract wasn’t so much the Cap number what the amount of years they gave him. I felt like the back end of that contract was gonna be more of a hindrance to them which is why it was an over pay. I wouldn’t have given him more than five years. Year six and year seven he’s going to be 32 and 33 years old. He’s not the type of guy I see aging gracefully and making 7.14 mil

14 hours ago, vsptroops said:

As much as I like to see the Flyers in the playoffs, it may be best if they continue to bottom out and miss it this year. I don't want Fletcher making a dumb, short sighted trade when in reality, this team is more than 1 dman away from competing for a cup. Reset in the off-season and hopefully they can clear out some of the dead wood on this team. 

I can't imagine the front office is looking at this team and thinking that they're one player away. Especially with the expansion draft coming up, I think the chance of them buying at the deadline is almost nonexistent. This team needs time to practice and hammer out all these little mistakes they constantly make, and they don't have it because of the schedule.

The odds of every young player (minus farabee) regressing as badly as they have this season are so low the front office is probably banking on them rebounding next year. They could still sell this year in preparation for free agency and next year's deadline. JvR's value is about as high as it'll ever get right now, I think he's the most likely to get shipped out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.