Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - What are we expecting in 24/25?

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Flyers play the Sabres on three consecutive nights. I’m really hoping management doesn’t get fooled if they win all three of these. They only face the Sabres one more time after those games and pens and Boston face them 4 and 5 more times so they are also likely getting points in those games. 

That's probably exactly what will happen. Fletcher already said he isn't selling, they win these 3 and he probably tries to pitch that the team is turning a corner. 

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 375k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

18 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Flyers play the Sabres on three consecutive nights. I’m really hoping management doesn’t get fooled if they win all three of these. They only face the Sabres one more time after those games and pens and Boston face them 4 and 5 more times so they are also likely getting points in those games. 


Schedule says they play the Sabres tonight and Weds. and then play the Isles on Sat.

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:


Schedule says they play the Sabres tonight and Weds. and then play the Isles on Sat.

Yeah i went back to check yahoo this morning. They finally ppd the Tuesday night game. Yesterday it had all three with a 7pm puck drop. 

Who are my fellow masochists tonight? Luckily, I have wine. :ph34r:

image.gif.4070ebd579840e92b1b05c88789fda21.gif

Eliott sucks. They all suck.

 

Both goals were terrible. A little bit of forgiveness on the first as the entire team was on the same side of the ice for some reason. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

 

That's wild! I remember seeing a report that mentioned this and at the time my thoughts were "Good for him!" I couldn't help but attribute the great focus he showed early in his career to his willingness to receive therapy. This definitely seems like a factor in his decline

Team is a joke. Fire Alain. 

12 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Team is a joke. Fire Alain. 

 

0ACD366B-2E9E-442E-AA27-44F803AD8607.jpeg

They need to fire the entire coaching staff. They’ve 100% given up and quit on him.

Honestly, the result tonight is best for the team going forward.

25 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Team is a joke. Fire Alain. 

 

  

7 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

They need to fire the entire coaching staff. They’ve 100% given up and quit on him.

Honestly, the result tonight is best for the team going forward.

 

Finally, someone else is seeing the light.


Not that AV is all or even close to all of their problems, but he's definitely not helping.

Well, well, well, G-man makes it a game...

JVR ties it up!

Why am I still here?

Ah the Buffalo Sabres where you can play just twenty minutes and get at least a point 

Well, looks like I got about a 5-oz. pour left for this OT. Here's to proper rationing! :towel:

Well, we win :unsure:

Joy we beat buffalo in overtime.

image.gif.eb012e36d615602333844514e24a595d.gif

Nice win. Broken team but still nice W

I believe the turning point was my burger and wine pairing. Pretty inspirational, I know. You're welcome! :angel

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I believe the turning point was my burger and wine pairing. Pretty inspirational, I know. You're welcome! :angel

Must have been inspired that we told them they suck

Crazy, how they suck. But then just turn it around in one period. 

17 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Crazy, how they suck. But then just turn it around in one period. 

Yeah playing the Buffalo Sabres who’ve lost 18 in a row makes it possible 

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Who are my fellow masochists tonight? Luckily, I have wine. :ph34r:

I think Bourbon and Scotch might have to be the official drinks for watching the Flyers.  At least for me.

Another game where they can only play 1 good period.  Luckily it was enough to get an OT win.  Against most other teams they would have held the L.  But, hey, it's Buffalo. 

To me this is a combination of the coaching staff and the long term vets on the team.  If they fail to make the playoffs this should be blown up (though I doubt the corporate ownership cares much).  Try and trade the old vets, even if you get little back but get rid of their albatross contracts, and bring in a new coaching staff that can motivate a young team.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.