Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - What are we expecting in 24/25?

Featured Replies

Not many silver linings with this team, but Farabee is worth the price of admission alone.

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 374.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

I don't know, guys. Hart isn't flawless, but he's pretty damn good. He definitely has skills you can work with. Pretty much no one's untouchable on this team, but Hart, Farabee, TK, and Provy are a good nucleus that you can build around.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:09 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Guess I'm bored enough to watch this shitshow tonight.

The Flyers are getting ripped apart on Facebook by people who have cable, and the NHL package if they live out of town, and are now being told to get ESPN+.  Even with a winner, that's a lot of money to dish out.  I can't blame them for passing on these games.

3 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

The Flyers are getting ripped apart on Facebook by people who have cable, and the NHL package if they live out of town, and are now being told to get ESPN+.  Even with a winner, that's a lot of money to dish out.  I can't blame them for passing on these games.

 

I was luckily able to get it from my gf's Hulu account, but I don't blame them them at all. The stream quality was straight garbage on the first game, too. This game was better but still a bit spotty. It's good to see the NHL back on ESPN, though.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:49 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's only because I told everyone over a year ago in here that is overrated. 

Agreed.  I have been saying this for 2 years.  All the hype came before he ever showed anything on a consistent basis.  He had a good stretch for part of a year during the bubble I think it was.  He makes unbelievable saves that many goalies can't make but he lets in the fluke goals way more than he is suppose to and doesn't seem to have the mental part down.

:facepalm:

After the Flyers played at Seattle and we got a chance to see the new (refurbished) arena and new team and everything, there hasn't been a reason for me to watch

It’s just so bad.  SO BAD.  Only team in franchise history to pull off not one, but two, 10-game winless streaks in a single season.

The Phillies are a joke too, but I think it’s safe to say at this point that the Flyers are by far the worst team in Philly. This is just pathetic. 

15 minutes ago, nipples said:

The Phillies are a joke too, but I think it’s safe to say at this point that the Flyers are by far the worst team in Philly. This is just pathetic. 

No doubt.  Every night feels completely hopeless when the Flyers take the ice.

I kinda want to see this losing streak go on for like..... forever. MAYBE then something will be done at the top of this faceless franchise.

At least with the Eagles, we get to vent to an individual Billionaire that we all know and can see.

Post game show blaming injuries :rolleyes:

Snider should have let Pat run the Sixers and the Flyers. By the way-he only died in 16? Feels like he's been gone a lot longer than that.

I didn't hear the presser live but they've been tlking about it on the radio.  Did he really blame the Flyers home attendance woes on Covid?

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Fletcher says they will only trade Giroux if he wants out.  Great, we have the players running the FO.  JFC.  No wonder this franchise is a joke.  

I mean Giroux has a NMC so he’s not wrong. 
 

That said, that press conference was a joke. This team sucks right now and Covid and Injuries are not the only reason.  That they think this is quick retool is absolutely concerning.  Your "core” guys are almost all over 30 and your best offensive player is 34.  This PC wasn’t as bad as "we don’t need a fresh perspective” but it’s pretty low 

When the guys you think are your best players are actually some of your worst players, the team is bad.

The season is half over and 4 guys (FOUR) have more than 10 goals -- in a league where you can hardly hit people anymore

One of those 4 guys is JVR; he has 4 even-strength goals all year long (FOUR) -- and he's a -20, as a forward ... and he gets paid 10X what he's worth

Kevin Hayes is a -12 in only 20 games; if he was healthy he'd be in JVR territory ... and he gets paid 10X what he's worth

Keith Yandle is a -23.  He's 35 years-old and I swore he was 45.  The good news is he's played in 965 straight games.  The bad news is he hasn't been any good in about 600 games

What happened to this up-and-coming D group?  

Provorov is OK

Sanheim is OK

Braun is not very good

Ristolainen is meh

Ryan Ellis is .... thanks for ... getting paid, I guess

 

And the team is old.  How many guys over 30 are playing prime minutes on this team?  Hard to believe there are still 5 teams who are worse.  They're headed for the bottom.

 

They’re completely delusional. I’m pretty much checked out at this point. 

4 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Hard to believe there are still 5 teams who are worse.  They're headed for the bottom.

Great post.

I quoted this part because it's absurd that the Flyers have had a 10 game losing streak AND a 13 game one, yet, there are some teams that are even worse than them. :blink:

55 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Much like with the Eagles, I have moved on from blaming Howie and moved my attention to Lurie, it's not about Fletcher anymore.  When Dave Scott says, "Chuck is my guy....." then the ownership is now the target for any vitriol.  

I miss Snider.  The man was flawed and he infuriated me at times, but you always knew how much he cared about the team and wanted to win no matter what. I don’t get that feeling from Scott at all and as a result I don’t think he’ll do what needs to be done to fix this organization. 

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I miss Snider.  The man was flawed and he infuriated me at times, but you always knew how much he cared about the team and wanted to win no matter what. I don’t get that feeling from Scott at all and as a result I don’t think he’ll do what needs to be done to fix this organization. 

 

I'm assuming Snider sold the team because no one in the family was up to the task of running the show, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why the hell he sold it to Comcast. I know they had a longstanding relationship and the money on the table was probably much more than could've likely been obtained through an individual, but I never thought this would end well. I believe Snider cared about the future of the franchise, but that sale was so misguided.

On 1/24/2022 at 12:34 PM, MIRV Griffen said:

No doubt.  Every night feels completely hopeless when the Flyers take the ice.

They have no gas in the tank. Guys are visibly checked out, and so am I

20 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

They have no gas in the tank. Guys are visibly checked out, and so am I

Same.  I watch out of pure boredom at this point.  Sad, because I was truly enjoying game nights not so long ago.

They won.  Streak over!! 

I wonder how many were in attendance to watch? 

It's a miracle!! :rock:

  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I didn't even know he was in the mix. Seems like another ploy by Comcast to buy the fans' loyalty by tapping a formerly great player for a FO role.


 

Quote

Brière reportedly going to be heavily involved in all Flyers decisions

In his new role, he’s going to be much more hands-on.

The Philadelphia Flyers moved Daniel Brière from running the day-to-day operations of the team’s ECHL affiliate, the Maine Mariners, to the role of a "Special Assistant to the General Manager,” whatever that means. Anyway, it’s a promotion for the former player that has not yet been made official but has been widely reported on.

Most recently, it was confirmed by Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek, as they also touched on just what exactly that role will be within the club.

"As I understand it, [Brière] is probably going to be involved in, part of the discussions, touching everything the Flyers and Chuck Fletcher do from here on in,” Marek said on Monday’s 32 Thoughts podcast.

Friedman then went into detail about how the move for Brière to take a more solidified front office position happened sooner than he would have thought, having originally projected the management move to happen at the end of the season.

Obviously — and Friedman points this out as well — Philadelphia having to make some key franchise-altering decisions in the coming months and before the March 21 trade deadline, puts a massive focus on making the coming days right. Including Brière in these conversations show that this will be a more long-term position and hopes are that he will be around whenever these moves for future assets (if that is the path the organization is going down) come to fruition.

It is going to be an increasingly interesting rest of the season for the Flyers, and this move within the organization provides at least more of a long-term vision for what the foundation will be. On the roster, there is nothing but uncertainty; on the bench, no one knows who will be coaching here next season; but now with Brière in the fold, there is at least a solid option to lay down a base and work up from there.

Let’s just hope it all pans out.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2022/2/7/22921748/philadelphia-flyers-danny-briere-gm-chuck-fletcher-trade-rumors-nhl?fbclid=IwAR3kqZUY9eVx929SMYb65fgeZi55--en-TWS3XhobasRTxYD87SMDkDXgxg

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.