Bad movies/shows that you love

DEagle7

I'm not talking about cult classics that got cancelled but everyone likes in retrospect like Firefly, or even terrible movies that people watch specifically because of how bad they are like Troll 2.  I'm walking about movies that are considered "bad" by pretty much everyone but for some reason you watch every time it's on. 

What made me think of this topic? Speedracer the movie from 2008.  Rocking a solid 40% on rotten tomatoes, but for some reason I always circle back to it.  Christina Ricci, Susan Surandon, John Goodman, crazy visuals that blend into the sheety anime style from the show, Christina Ricci, ridiculously cheesy yet somehow endearing dialogue, a chimpanzee, orchestral versions of the original theme sone, Christina Ricci...it has it all.  Plus I challenge anyone to watch that final rce sequence and not get at least a little excited. I love that terrible terrible movie and I refuse to apologize anymore. 

1*4RjcmnVle0vTXf8nCUXP8w.gif

NeedyFaithfulHuemul-size_restricted.gif

E3e46Hl.gif

So what's your guilty pleasure?  Your shameful secret?

The Riches - I don’t think this is a cultish tv show.  Basically a show about con artists (think carnies) who act like a family who has passed away.

Happy Endings - I really enjoyed this show on ABC, was disappointed when it wasn’t renewed.

Traffic Light - Another show that was entertaining, but gone too soon.

• Like 3

Bloodsport #1 - JCVD, Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds, and Chong-Li, who has the biggest man teets of all time.  So many great quotes from this movie.

CHONG LI!!! CHONG LI!!! CHONG LI!!! (PICS)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

The Riches - I don’t think this is a cultish tv show.  Basically a show about con artists (think carnies) who act like a family who has passed away.

Happy Endings - I really enjoyed this show on ABC, was disappointed when it wasn’t renewed.

I really liked that show.  Too bad the writers' strike killed it so we never got to know how it ended.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Bloodsport #1 - JCVD, Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds, and Chong-Li, who has the biggest man teets of all time.  So many great quotes from this movie.

CHONG LI!!! CHONG LI!!! CHONG LI!!! (PICS)

Good  bad movie.  GREAT man rack.  Biggest of all time though?

FreeUnfoldedChick-max-1mb.gif

9 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Good  bad movie.  GREAT man rack.  Biggest of all time though?

Not that I want to be having this discussion, but Chong-Li's take over half of his torso.  He's probably 5'5" in real life, but proportion-wise, he wins the battle.  He definitely needs to hit the decline bench though.  Never good when the nips are pointing down at the bottom of the pectoral.  

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Not that I want to be having this discussion, but Chong-Li's take over half of his torso.  He's probably 5'5" in real life, but proportion-wise, he wins the battle.  He definitely needs to hit the decline bench though.  Never good when the nips are pointing down at the bottom of the pectoral.  

If we're talking per capita boobs sure, I'll give you that.  5'6" vs 6'3" though is a pretty big discrepancy if we're talking about pure poundage of sweet sweet man meat though.

This comment has been brought to you by Whiskey!  (C).  "Whiskey!"It'll make you post about man titis to strangers on the internet!"

• Haha 3

movie - batman v superman - dawn of justice

show - bordertown (animated) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

I love Eddie Izzard. Maybe I'll watch it. 

15 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I'm not talking about cult classics that got cancelled but everyone likes in retrospect like Firefly, or even terrible movies that people watch specifically because of how bad they are like Troll 2.  I'm walking about movies that are considered "bad" by pretty much everyone but for some reason you watch every time it's on. 

What made me think of this topic? Speedracer the movie from 2008.  Rocking a solid 40% on rotten tomatoes, but for some reason I always circle back to it.  Christina Ricci, Susan Surandon, John Goodman, crazy visuals that blend into the sheety anime style from the show, Christina Ricci, ridiculously cheesy yet somehow endearing dialogue, a chimpanzee, orchestral versions of the original theme sone, Christina Ricci...it has it all.  Plus I challenge anyone to watch that final rce sequence and not get at least a little excited. I love that terrible terrible movie and I refuse to apologize anymore. 

1*4RjcmnVle0vTXf8nCUXP8w.gif

NeedyFaithfulHuemul-size_restricted.gif

E3e46Hl.gif

So what's your guilty pleasure?  Your shameful secret?

Big fan of Christina Ricci I take it?

I still watch Grey's Anatomy - I think it's going into like season 17 :lol: 

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

movie - batman v superman - dawn of justice

show - bordertown (animated) 

Makes Sense - Superheroes - superheroes, batman, superman ...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

If we're talking per capita boobs sure, I'll give you that.  5'6" vs 6'3" though is a pretty big discrepancy if we're talking about pure poundage of sweet sweet man meat though.

This comment has been brought to you by Whiskey!  (C).  "Whiskey!"It'll make you post about man titis to strangers on the internet!"

:lol:

This needs to be a discussion in the WU boobs thread.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Big fan of Christina Ricci I take it?

I still watch Grey's Anatomy - I think it's going into like season 17 :lol: 

Now that you mention it, yeah I suppose I am. 

44 minutes ago, sameaglesfan said:

Makes Sense - Superheroes - superheroes, batman, superman ...

This is a Safe Space Sam! We don't shame each other for our dogsheet taste in movies here! :nonono:

30 minutes ago, NOTW said:

:D the booby per capita (TPC) of the women in that thread makes my back ache. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

:D the booby per capita (TPC) of the women in that thread makes my back ache. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I stand by my take that Robin Hood: Men in Tights is better than any other Robin Hood movie ever made.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I stand by my take that Robin Hood: Men in Tights is better than any other Robin Hood movie ever made.

Agreed, with the possible exception of the old animated one for nostalgia purposes

9X7qHNl.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

These are the discussions I get into when I'm 4 glasses into my Old Forester.  

• Like 1

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves belongs on this list.  I love that terrible movie.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I love Eddie Izzard. Maybe I'll watch it. 

He’s why I started the show.  It’s on Hulu now.  I’m rewatching it for the second or third time.  I think I enjoyed it more the first time I watched it, which normally isn’t the case when watching a show more than once.