Bad movies/shows that you love

DEagle7

20 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I stand by my take that Robin Hood: Men in Tights is better than any other Robin Hood movie ever made.

I've been thinking about exactly this lately.  I think Norsemen is better viking show that Vikings or Last Kingdom.

31 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Blade!

tenor.gif

I always thought the first film was (relatively speaking) considered to be good?

• Like 1

I was going to say UHF but that surprisingly has really good rotten tomatoes scores. I swear none of my friends have heard of it. I have bad taste in friends. 

• Like 1

The Big Show Show. It’s horrible. I’ve seen less wooden acting from trees in a forrest. But it’s easy to throw in the background. also takes place in Clearwater, FL where I used to live. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I was going to say UHF but that surprisingly has really good rotten tomatoes scores. I swear none of my friends have heard of it. I have bad taste in friends. 

if chickie hears of this, someone's a dead man. hugest weird al fan i ever had the pleasure of making love to. she owns a copy and recently rewatched during the lockdown. personally the only funny part is when Stanley agrees to star in his own show.  HOWEVER Weird Al does put on a great concert. 

i discussed this one a bit with NOTW in another thread. 

jerky boys

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i discussed this one a bit with NOTW in another thread. 

jerky boys

i barely remember that movie...but damn, their albums (cassettes, back then) were funny as hell. :lol:  

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i barely remember that movie...but damn, their albums (cassettes, back then) were funny as hell. :lol:  

def were. the movie was mostly them fitting those calls into the movie, but that ozzy scene was funny. 

My taste is such that a full list would be too long and boring for anyone to read but I wanted to second the appreciation for Speed Racer.  So good.

I will always watch these awful 80's teen movies...

Summer School

Ski Patrol

Hot Dog The Movie

Night of the Comet

Rad!

Ace Ventura 2 When Nature Calls 

Love it. Jim Carrey’s second best comedy behind D and D. Don’t really care for the first Ace Ventura either, but so many great parts. 

Psst Your balls are showing

It’s in the bone it’s in the bone 

I told you never to interrupt me while I’m meditating 

Also like Scary Movie 2 more than the rest. Chris Elliot and his strong hand steal the movie 

52A0A344-8766-4CBA-85AE-4C053CB8FA73.png

87A5E4BB-4685-433C-A3D3-13CF61F6DA9C.png

• Like 1

I liked almost all the Scary Movies. But it’s been awhile since a good spoof movie. I still love all the classic Hot Shots/Monty Python/Naked Guns, but recently they have been all terrible money grabs.

I don’t think I would necessarily call it a spoof, but Hot Rod is another one of my favorite comedies that has a bad RT critics score. 

15 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Will this count? 

OMG - I guess I'll have to watch this.  The trailer makes it looks like they pretty much make fun of themselves in the past.  

On 8/5/2020 at 8:50 PM, RPeeteRules said:

Happy Endings - I really enjoyed this show on ABC, was disappointed when it wasn’t renewed.

Great freaking show

Does Garbage Pail Kids the movie count? I still watch that trash now and then. 

On 8/6/2020 at 12:09 AM, hputenis said:

Bloodsport #1 - JCVD, Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds, and Chong-Li, who has the biggest man teets of all time.  So many great quotes from this movie.

CHONG LI!!! CHONG LI!!! CHONG LI!!! (PICS)

So, so bad.  When I was a kid I loved it for the fights and didn't pay attention to the rest.  Now... my god.  Awful all around.

It was on the other night and I made Schmoopie watch the last two fights (Dukes vs Paco and Dukes vs Chong Li).  She couldn't stop laughing.

On 8/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, DEagle7 said:

Almost forgot about Face/Off

source.gif

Schmoopie and I constantly argue about this one.  She loves it, I can't stand it.  Probably because Nick Cage.

On 8/7/2020 at 10:35 AM, DEagle7 said:

Blade!

tenor.gif

Blade was a damn good movie.

Now Blade 3.... I'll submit that bad movie that I love.  75% of it is because of Ryan Reynolds abs :drool:

RyanReynoldsBlade.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paco said:

So, so bad.  When I was a kid I loved it for the fights and didn't pay attention to the rest.  Now... my god.  Awful all around.

It was on the other night and I made Schmoopie watch the last two fights (Dukes vs Paco and Dukes vs Chong Li).  She couldn't stop laughing.

Schmoopie and I constantly argue about this one.  She loves it, I can't stand it.  Probably because Nick Cage.

Blade was a damn good movie.

Now Blade 3.... I'll submit that bad movie that I love.  75% of it is because of Ryan Reynolds abs :drool:

RyanReynoldsBlade.jpg

We rewatched Face off pretty recently and it's hard to overstate how cringey bad it is. I do the creepy Travolta face touch thing to F with the wife every once and awhile. Still have a soft spot for it for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

Oh my god Mortal Kombat!  And of course the ridiculous sequel. The awful dialogue, the ridiculous costumes and the weirdly intense techno theme song.

Plus this may well be the greatest movie scene of all time:

GiantDistantGyrfalcon-size_restricted.gi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Oh my god Mortal Kombat!  And of course the ridiculous sequel. The awful dialogue, the ridiculous costumes and the weirdly intense techno theme song.

Plus this may well be the greatest movie scene of all time:

GiantDistantGyrfalcon-size_restricted.gi

OMG... The sequel.  I've only seen scenes from it but.... 

i remember loving a martial arts movie called kill and kill again when i was a kid. i'd love to watch it now & see how truly tragic it must be. :lol:  anybody remember that one? 

17 minutes ago, paco said:

OMG... The sequel.  I've only seen scenes from it but.... 

SWEET LORD, is that James 'ajax' Remar playing Raiden ?!!!  ajax , ajax, ajax....