Nintendo Switch

Agent23

The bundle I got came with a pro controller, but an off brand.  Can’t get the damn thing to connect - not sure what I’m doing wrong.  My daughter got it working once but nothing since - any suggestions?

4 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

The bundle I got came with a pro controller, but an off brand.  Can’t get the damn thing to connect - not sure what I’m doing wrong.  My daughter got it working once but nothing since - any suggestions?

What bundle did you get? Was it MSRP or through something else? Did the bundle list that it was some off-brand controller?

7 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

My friends just got an off brand controller and it won't connect. Not really anything you can do if the switch can't find it or connect to it. 

I found some stuff online - seems that you occasionally have to do a firmware update on this particular controller.  I'll give that a shot, but I'll definitely only be getting Nintendo brand controllers moving forward.  When I purchased the bundle, it did show that it was an off brand but I didn't notice it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I found some stuff online - seems that you occasionally have to do a firmware update on this particular controller.  I'll give that a shot, but I'll definitely only be getting Nintendo brand controllers moving forward.  When I purchased the bundle, it did show that it was an off brand but I didn't notice it.

There is some better approved 3rd party controllers like logitech seems to be ok to go with. I was looking at some of them but, seemed to be to many reviews about them not connecting properly and what not. So it made me nervous lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There is some better approved 3rd party controllers like logitech seems to be ok to go with. I was looking at some of them but, seemed to be to many reviews about them not connecting properly and what not. So it made me nervous lol. 

Yeah - in all honesty, I would have bought it regardless.  There weren't many other options available at the time for me to have it for Christmas.

Saw this on Twitter, decided to buy 2 of them (limit). I have not jumped on animal crossing because it's only ever dropped $10 that I've seen, and that's only on physical. My biggest mistake was buying digital copy of a game and seeing how easy/preferred it was to NOT swap cartridges, so now I feel like I only want to buy digital for this specific device. This basically offsets the "digital" tax that nintendo seems to always impose. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I’m a big digital guy regardless of system, but for the Switch it particularly feels right.  Those tiny game cartridges feel far too fragile, as does the "door” mechanism you have to manipulate when inserting/ taking out games.

3 hours ago, EaglesFan said:

Yeah, I’m a big digital guy regardless of system, but for the Switch it particularly feels right.  Those tiny game cartridges feel far too fragile, as does the "door” mechanism you have to manipulate when inserting/ taking out games.

bought a Mario Kart bundle that I saw sitting in Target on the 22nd. Figured (while late for X-Mas) maybe someone I knew would be interested. The one I was most counting on bailed, so I listed on FB Marketplace for $350, (note: while Switches still can be elusive, I swear I see them 80% of the time I'm in Target or Best Buy, even if just 1. Last night at 6pm I saw a MK Bundle at Best Buy (store closed at 7pm, console was gone at 11am store open, even if it was up front from an online "in store pickup" order... then the neighboring Target I was at today had 1 all black and 2 blue/red consoles) since the huge markups on Switch are not what they were this summer when you might see one online or in store for a total of 30 total minutes each month.

Listed with the caveat of swapping my cartridge MK8 for the digital voucher, that way I don't have to worry about swapping it in whenever I want to play (since that's the spur of the moment game I own if/when a friend wants to race each other). After getting at least 15-20 unique inquires the past 3-4 days, made the exchange with a guy during Q1 of the Packers game today. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The online store has some occasional deals at big discounts.  Got a bunch of games my son wanted that were dirt cheap.  $50 down to $20, $20 down to $5, etc. 

Problem is I ran out of storage and the micro SD card port isn't recognizing the cards, I tried 2 different ones.  So I have to get it repaired and apparently there are only certain places you can get it fixed I have to look that up.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

86C7EBD1-1C89-4623-B8B8-B3F939445C0F.png

Is it more powerful though? Nicer screen don't mean sheet if they still can only play the watered down version of games. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Is it more powerful though? Nicer screen don't mean sheet if they still can only play the watered down version of games. 

I think it’s just a screen upgrade (size or screen too maybe?) and the kickstand is enlarged. But all the internals are constant I believe 

Just now, Agent23 said:

I think it’s just a screen upgrade (size or screen too maybe?) and the kickstand is enlarged. But all the internals are constant I believe 

58FCA9A5-6399-465F-AEDE-113CA5FA25BB.png

Looks like 7” vs current 6.2”. The dock will also have hardwired LAN port. They also matching PS5 and Ekboc with the white design styling 

10 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Lame

We have pretty much every single video game system and the Switch gets played the most. I got lucky, it was released a week before my son's birthday and we were able to get one. He is a Nintendo freak and actually cried when we gave it to him.

I’m actually glad the new system isn’t an upgrade. This thing takes enough of my money as is.

• 7 months later...

Nintendo had, what I thought was, a really disappointing Nintendo Direct yesterday. Felt like a lot of older remakes and underwhelming titles. I am curious about No Man’s Sky, Xenoblade 3, and will probably get the MK8D course additions.(48!)

No info at all on the Monster Hunter expansion, LEGO Star Wars, or Breath of Wild 2 though. Those are the games I’m really excited about. 

The 48 Mario Kart remake courses will be included in the Online Expansion pass. Makes that more worthwhile if you were on the fence. (Also includes access to N64, Sega Genesis, and expanded Animal Crossing). My kid is excited about Splatoon3.

I agree. Lots of fluff, no substance in the latest Nintendo Direct. I hear rumors the next announcement for BOTW2 will be in April or May. Holiday 2022 release?

• 3 months later...

So… are Nintendo servers down often? I just picked up a switch this afternoon finally. Got it set up, went to download a game and getting errors. Looks like a server is down 

On 6/4/2022 at 7:22 PM, nipples said:

So… are Nintendo servers down often? I just picked up a switch this afternoon finally. Got it set up, went to download a game and getting errors. Looks like a server is down 

i don't think i have played mine since moving at new years. I did play my PS5 with no issues yesterday tho