Nintendo Switch

Agent23

Nice, Congrats!  I haven’t seen the details on that bundle, but I’m sure it’s a good deal.  Mario Kart is incredible, it still gets play in our house years after first getting it.

• Like 1

I got lucky - I saw earlier in the week last week that they were offering it on Sunday, but they didn't post what time it was going live.  Got up Sunday morning and while I was making french toast I remembered about it.  Grabbed my phone and luckily they still had it available.  

Agreed on Mario Kart though - at least the Wii version of it we still play all the time.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I got lucky - I saw earlier in the week last week that they were offering it on Sunday, but they didn't post what time it was going live.  Got up Sunday morning and while I was making french toast I remembered about it.  Grabbed my phone and luckily they still had it available.  

Agreed on Mario Kart though - at least the Wii version of it we still play all the time.  

Nice man, that’s awesome.  I think you and yours will come to love this version of Mario Kart, too.  It’s my pick for the best it’s ever been.

10 hours ago, EaglesFan said:

Nice man, that’s awesome.  I think you and yours will come to love this version of Mario Kart, too.  It’s my pick for the best it’s ever been.

I have played online matches with a friend a bunch over a 2 week span in like Sept maybe.

• Like 1

Update on this - went into the order today to add a person to the pickup so either me or my wife could pick it up - get a text a minute later that they CANCELED my order.  She's calling them to find out what the hell is going on - I swear if those MFers screwed me I won't spend another penny with BB.  They already charged our CC.  Wonder if they sold more than they actually had in stock?  

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

And we lost the order - nothing they could do :rolleyes: Guess I'll keep looking. 

Could have just paid a minor fee to me a week ago brah! 

6 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Could have just paid a minor fee to me a week ago brah! 

I actually thought about that - thought you said you bought 2 and I was gonna reach out and see if you'd wanna sell one

20 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I actually thought about that - thought you said you bought 2 and I was gonna reach out and see if you'd wanna sell one

Got 3! Two of them were re-homed to my peoples. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I have one I'd be willing to sell. It's not new in box but it all works and in good condition. 

Walked into Khols today and bought one of the MarioKart bundles for $299 and got $90 Khols cash with it. Not bad. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 9:52 AM, mikemack8 said:

Update on this - went into the order today to add a person to the pickup so either me or my wife could pick it up - get a text a minute later that they CANCELED my order.  She's calling them to find out what the hell is going on - I swear if those MFers screwed me I won't spend another penny with BB.  They already charged our CC.  Wonder if they sold more than they actually had in stock?  

We had that issue with Walmart when buying the kids Chromebooks.  We ordered them in mid-July.  It said they’d be shipped in two weeks.  Two weeks went by and they said it’d be another week.  A week later we were told that the order was cancelled and by that point, they were out of stock of all Chromebooks.

• Sad 1

Well @What The F's post above made me check Kohl's online to see if they had any - was able to order the Luigi's Mansion bundle.  $100 more but it comes with the game and another controller, so not bad.  Says it will ship 12/1-12/8 so fingers crossed.  

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 11:28 AM, mikemack8 said:

And we lost the order - nothing they could do :rolleyes: Guess I'll keep looking. 

On 11/25/2020 at 4:33 PM, mikemack8 said:

Well @What The F's post above made me check Kohl's online to see if they had any - was able to order the Luigi's Mansion bundle.  $100 more but it comes with the game and another controller, so not bad.  Says it will ship 12/1-12/8 so fingers crossed.  

that is freaking brutal. Hopefully this one comes through, since you're being a good father and purchasing it for your daughter, and not selfishly for yourself like a lot of the video game freak audience today. Really is sad that kids are gonna miss out on gifts like this this year because of adults hoarding and dominating the field the way they are.

If my kid asked for a ps5 I would have no problem telling him to F off, and its too early and too expensive, but to still not even be able to possibly get a Switch right now is sad. 

32 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

that is freaking brutal. Hopefully this one comes through, since you're being a good father and purchasing it for your daughter, and not selfishly for yourself like a lot of the video game freak audience today. Really is sad that kids are gonna miss out on gifts like this this year because of adults hoarding and dominating the field the way they are.

If my kid asked for a ps5 I would have no problem telling him to F off, and its too early and too expensive, but to still not even be able to possibly get a Switch right now is sad. 

I got it!  It's sitting in my office as we speak - delivered 2 days ago.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Nice, Congrats!  Hope your daughter enjoys it, and if you end up purchasing Mario Kart I’m sure your whole family will as well.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 9:38 AM, mikemack8 said:

Awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

We got a Switch for my 8 year old for Christmas.  My wife and I are enjoying playing it too, especially Mario Kart which we played in the past.  We have family members out of state looking forward to playing online with him.  

So question, because Google results and different sites aren't giving straightforward answers.  You can connect up to 4 controllers to one Switch, right?  It doesn't seem I can buy just one (to have 3), they come in pairs.  I might as well buy 2 I guess.  But you can only put 2 on the Switch at a time to charge so I either need to charge separately, or buy a 4 way charger right?

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

We got a Switch for my 8 year old for Christmas.  My wife and I are enjoying playing it too, especially Mario Kart which we played in the past.  We have family members out of state looking forward to playing online with him.  

So question, because Google results and different sites aren't giving straightforward answers.  You can connect up to 4 controllers to one Switch, right?  It doesn't seem I can buy just one (to have 3), they come in pairs.  I might as well buy 2 I guess.  But you can only put 2 on the Switch at a time to charge so I either need to charge separately, or buy a 4 way charger right?

You would be correct sir. Or man up and buy a pro controller then you can use a usb c to charge it up like your cell phone charger and what not. 

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

You can buy a pro controller solo. I did that day 1. I couldn’t imagine playing with the joy-cons.

• Like 1

Thanks. Bro-in-law suggested pro controller too gonna get that. 

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thanks. Bro-in-law suggested pro controller too gonna get that. 

It really is worth it. Makes such a difference over those joy cons. 

Just to pile on, I too think the pro controller is absolutely the way to go.  I’ve found the joy-cons "fine,” but the pro controller is so much better.  It just feels like what I’ve come to expect console gaming to feel like, plus it seems to be really well made/ done.  Sometimes I think it possibly feels better in the hand than PS or XBox controllers, though I like them all and that’s obviously subjective.  Point being, it’s not a step down from those style controllers at all.

I have a pro controller that I still haven’t used yet. But Nintendo started selling solo joycons a few months back, so those would be an option now.