Jason Peters putting himself above the team article

Talonblood

Playing LT does warrant more money but in this instance, if the Eagles do decide to give him more, I'd want them to do it through incentives. If he plays more than say, 75% of the snaps at LT or something like that, then he gets X amount of bonus money. Something along those lines.

• Like 6

There aren't really any quotes in that article. Seems like a typical molehill to mountain piece. 

It's possible some of the incentives in his current deal are contingent on playing OG. He may be looking to get some of the wording altered if he moves back to T. Without any official quotes from the team, Peters, or his agent, any negaitive reaction by people reading this article is premature. 

I put a link to that article and pointed it out in the JP thread.  You even responded in it.  Just curious, not trying to act like cyber patrol, but why start a new thread about it?

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

It should bother you

Why? It has nothing to do with me, it’s none of my business, I don’t have all the information, I’m not in his shoes, etc etc

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I put a link to that article and pointed it out in the JP thread.  You even responded in it.  Just curious, not trying to act like cyber patrol, but why start a new thread about it?

This is how click bait helps writers. Conjecture + Title - facts = click fest.

The Eagles didn’t want to bring Peters back at starters money and they made a choice to let him go for the kid. They made a choice to sign him for less to play guard. They made a business decision, and they had all the leverage. Now he’s making one. Don’t cry about it now that the shoe is on the other foot. I will never understand how butthurt some people get over players wanting more money from friggin billionaires. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles didn’t want to bring Peters back at starters money and they made a choice to let him go for the kid. They made a choice to sign him for less to play guard. They made a business decision, and they had all the leverage. Now he’s making one. Don’t cry about it now that the shoe is on the other foot. I will never understand how butthurt some people get over players wanting more money from friggin billionaires. 

^^^ This. The NFL is a business and left tackles make more than right guards.  Any player who gives a "hometown discount” or takes less than market value should fire his agent.  The Eagles are $23 million under the cap.  Pay the man or have Jordan Mailata protect the blind side...

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

^^^ This. The NFL is a business and left tackles make more than right guards.  Any player who gives a "hometown discount” or takes less than market value should fire his agent.  The Eagles are $23 million under the cap.  Pay the man or have Jordan Mailata protect the blind side...

And he can't stay healthy and they need all the money they have to roll over. The season will get cancelled anyway. Bringing him back at all was a dumb idea.  And they don't have 23 million anymore. 

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don't care what billionaire Lurie pays Peters.  

As an Eagles fan, I care about the salary cap that we are up against. I also care that a "leader" who the entire team looks up to is asking for more money as his job description evolves over the course of a single season.  Great example.  Look for more "business decisions" from guys like Wentz and Sanders in the future then.  

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

The irony is some people are so hellbent on Peters being taught some kind of lesson here that they would rather the Eagles trade for an asset or overpay a scrub than just give Peters more money. Heck they could do it with incentive pay. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I don't care what billionaire Lurie pays Peters.  

As an Eagles fan, I care about the salary cap that we are up against. I also care that a "leader" who the entire team looks up to is asking for more money as his job description evolves over the course of a single season.  Great example.  Look for more "business decisions" from guys like Wentz and Sanders in the future then.  

The Eagles are not "up against the cap” for the 2020 season. What kind of "example” is Peters setting by getting paid less than what he’s worth for doing a job? Heck Wentz is getting paid big money and what has he accomplished? Do you think any of these players would follow Peters example? Are you foolish enough to believe their agents would let them? 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles are not "up against the cap” for the 2020 season. What kind of "example” is Peters setting by getting paid less than what he’s worth for doing a job? Heck Wentz is getting paid big money and what has he accomplished? Do you think any of these players would follow Peters example? Are you foolish enough to believe their agents would let them? 

Peters is getting paid less than what he's worth?  That's news to me.

I must have missed the source that said he turned down offers to play LT so he could come back and be a RG for the Eagles at a discount.

He'll play 2/3 the snaps as an LT here and isn't getting paid a dime less than he's worth.  Maybe more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Peters is getting paid less than what he's worth?  That's news to me.

Sure is an odd response from someone who claims not to care what billionaire Lurie pays a player. At this moment Peters makes less money than Barnett. He would be grossly underpaid as a starting left tackle in the NFL with his credentials. They signed him as a guard. If they want him to play tackle then pay him like one or risk it with a rookie or Mialata. Peters salary would put him 30th as a salary as a starter. Skill wise he far exceeds that. As far as Peters and other offers go there were reports he turned down other offers in hopes to play for the Eagles. 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/5/8/21251294/eagles-news-jason-peters-turned-down-offers-teams-wants-philly-offensive-tackle-left-andre-dillard

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Sure is an odd response from someone who claims not to care what billionaire Lurie pays a player. 

Every extra unnecessary dollar he squeezes out of Lurie this year is a dollar that can't be rolled over to provide cap relief next year.

9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Every extra unnecessary dollar he squeezes out of Lurie this year is a dollar that can't be rolled over to provide cap relief next year.

From what I’ve heard the Eagles can at most roll over 8 mil and what’s that compared to reports of them being over the cap anywhere between 50-70 mil? Not to mention the fact the team is working to restructure Ertz right now and I’m sure those moves will have their own cap ramifications.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

F him.  Done.  Move on

That’s a great idea. Cut him, create two holes in the offensive line, to go with a nearly 3mil cap hit and have to pay anywhere between 8-10 mil against the cap to replace both spots with lesser players. So your frustrations could end up costing more than just bumping up Peters salary a few more mil. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Shut up.  Keep him at guard and put someone else at LT.  Not like he’s gonna play all season anyway.  Another stupid move by Howie.  

Another genius move. Let’s put any hack over there so Wentz can get killed. I mean it’s not like Carson has had any injury issues right? 

According to this Peters was ranked as the 12th best tackle coming into the 2020 season. He would be getting paid like the 30th best tackle in the league right now on his current contract. According to PFF he only gave up 3 sacks last season. Anyone who just wants a hack off the street to replace him is a dope. 

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-offensive-linemen-rankings

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jason-peters/2148

You think Jason Peters is currently better than "any hack”?   And when he takes himself out of a game, you’ll have an ice cold hack coming in, putting Carson in harms way.   

Yes Peters is better than any Hack. You’re a fool if you don’t realize that. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

According to this Peters was ranked as the 12th best tackle coming into the 2020 season. He would be getting paid like the 30th best tackle in the league right now on his current contract. According to PFF he only gave up 3 sacks last season. Anyone who just wants a hack off the street to replace him is a dope. 

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-offensive-linemen-rankings

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jason-peters/2148

Yes Peters is better than any Hack. You’re a fool if you don’t realize that. 

I agree with he is better then any back but, he also cost the team a lot of false starts because he needs to get back in his stance sooner because he can't move like he used too. I also remember seeing some people in the league (refs, players) saying they let him go on a bunch more just because of who he is. At the end of the day they should of addressed this situation even years before Dillard was drafted. They waited to long and didn't do their homework and drafted a bust and now have to be held hostage by a hall of famer who doesn't have it anymore. This is all still a GM issue.... Coming from a big fan of Howie I'm still going to say Howie waited to effing long to fix this problem

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I agree with he is better then any back but, he also cost the team a lot of false starts because he needs to get back in his stance sooner because he can't move like he used too. I also remember seeing some people in the league (refs, players) saying they let him go on a bunch more just because of who he is. At the end of the day they should of addressed this situation even years before Dillard was drafted. They waited to long and didn't do their homework and drafted a bust and now have to be held hostage by a hall of famer who doesn't have it anymore. This is all still a GM issue.... Coming from a big fan of Howie I'm still going to say Howie waited to effing long to fix this problem

I absolutely agree with you. Howie is by far the biggest issue here. That’s why I don’t see why the Eagles were drafting project players with their top picks when they have so many older players on bigger contracts. When was the last time they drafted a DT high in the draft? Cox isn’t getting any younger, but they keep having to throW money at guys to play next to him. There’s no reason they should be paying Graham right now, but they have just done a poor job of finding a replacement. Dillard so far isn’t working, but at lest they tried albeit way too late. As for the false starts yeah it’s a problem, but I would still rather have that over a guy who can’t play cause the Eagles want to be cheap or send some kind of message. 

• Like 1

You’re a fool if you’re relying on that guy this year.   You’re obviously a fan.  

Well that’s where you’re wrong. I’ve been calling for them to get rid of Peters for years now. I’m looking at this logically. The best way for the Eagles to succeed is with a healthy Carson. There’s a better chance of him staying healthy with Peters than someone else. I have my doubts about Dillard, but at least he was a first round pick they were grooming. I have no trust in some hack off the street protecting Carson’s blindside. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I absolutely agree with you. Howie is by far the biggest issue here. That’s why I don’t see why the Eagles were drafting project players with their top picks when they have so many older players on bigger contracts. When was the last time they drafted a DT high in the draft? Cox isn’t getting any younger, but they keep having to throW money at guys to play next to him. There’s no reason they should be paying Graham right now, but they have just done a poor job of finding a replacement. Dillard so far isn’t working, but at lest they tried albeit way too late. As for the false starts yeah it’s a problem, but I would still rather have that over a guy who can’t play cause the Eagles want to be cheap or send some kind of message. 

Well you and I both agree on Graham lol. 13 million for him was ridiculous in my opinion. Also like you said they never found  a good replacement for him they tried with Barnett but, he isn't looking like much more then another Graham. Don't get me wrong though I think Graham is a very solid player and a key part of the defense with his work ethic and personality

• Like 1