Jason Peters putting himself above the team article

Talonblood

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We agree 100% on this.  Howie’s garbage drafting has created these issues.   

The salary cap issue is 100% on Howie and his failure to find adequate replacements in the draft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well you and I both agree on Graham lol. 13 million for him was ridiculous in my opinion. Also like you said they never found  a good replacement for him they tried with Barnett but, he isn't looking like much more then another Graham. Don't get me wrong though I think Graham is a very solid player and a key part of the defense with his work ethic and personality

I like Graham as a person and I think he’s a decent player, but seriously his last contract with the Eagles should have been the one he signed before this one. Vinny Curry as well Should not be here. Maybe instead of drafting a guy who got hurt in Jones they should have picked a guy they could have been grooming to replace Graham or Peters, Kelce, Cox and so on? Maybe the Eagles didn’t need to spend a 2nd on Ertz’s backup or Carson’s backup? My bad he’s actually Third string right now. It’s maddening, 

• Like 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

His failure to draft well has created the cap problem.  Having to overpay washed up players cause the draft picks have failed.  

No argument from me on this. I’m with you. 

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

And he can't stay healthy and they need all the money they have to roll over. The season will get cancelled anyway. Bringing him back at all was a dumb idea.  And they don't have 23 million anymore. 

Sure they do:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

And no way they cancel the season.  The NFL only cares about revenue. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I like Graham as a person and I think he’s a decent player, but seriously his last contract with the Eagles should have been the one he signed before this one. Vinny Curry as well Should not be here. Maybe instead of drafting a guy who got hurt in Jones they should have picked a guy they could have been grooming to replace Graham or Peters, Kelce, Cox and so on? Maybe the Eagles didn’t need to spend a 2nd on Ertz’s backup or Carson’s backup? My bad he’s actually Third string right now. It’s maddening, 

Drafting guys injured in college to get value in the draft is biting this team in the arse big time. Wentz is even included in that and the need for Hurts. The TE situation while not an injury issue was just dumb. I actually accept the Hurts drafting more then I do Goedert . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

When coaches get Covid and they keep it moving there’s no way this season stops unless NFL people start dying. And that’s still just maybe. 

They played games in the 80s without players (the NFLPA went on strike).  Nothing gets in the way, including pandemics.

And if someone has a better idea than moving Peters to LT 12 days before the season kicks off following the minimalist offseason please share.  I’ll pass it on to Howie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Drafting guys injured in college to get value in the draft is biting this team in the arse big time. Wentz is even included in that and the need for Hurts. The TE situation while not an injury issue was just dumb. I actually accept the Hurts drafting more then I do Goedert . 

That’s a very high pick to just for some Carson insurance, but like you mentioned they took a guy (in Carson) with injury issues from college. Howie’s gotten a pass for the SB, but that’s wearing thin for me now. All those offensive players taken in this draft, but DE or DT taken? A backup QB is more important than grooming an eventual replacement for Cox or Graham? I just don’t understand the logic behind it. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

They played games in the 80s without players (the NFLPA went on strike).  Nothing gets in the way, including pandemics.

And if someone has a better idea than moving Peters to LT 12 days before the season kicks off following the minimalist offseason please share.  I’ll pass it on to Howie.

No one is arguing that Peter's isn't the better option for LT..... We are just saying this should of been taken care of before Dillard. So I don't understand the snarky comment

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Just give the man a bump in salary to go with several incentives and be done with it. Or play Mialata and watch Carson get killed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No one is arguing that Peter's isn't the better option for LT..... We are just saying this should of been taken care of before Dillard. So I don't understand the snarky comment

Some are actually irked at the idea Peters is requesting more money to the point they want the Eagles to cut him. It’s not everyone, but there are some. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s a very high pick to just for some Carson insurance, but like you mentioned they took a guy (in Carson) with injury issues from college. Howie’s gotten a pass for the SB, but that’s wearing thin for me now. All those offensive players taken in this draft, but DE or DT taken? A backup QB is more important than grooming an eventual replacement for Cox or Graham? I just don’t understand the logic behind it. 

I should clarify I wasn't happy with the pick at all. However, the more you look at it and the anxiety of Carson getting hurt again and wanting to take a high character guy with a good skill set I've come down a bit from my hate for the pick. Yes I think they should of drafted other areas and all of that, same as most people feel about it. Just saying I've backed down a bit from hating it as much Carson worries me for as much as I love that guy on a homer level lol. They probably felt a guy like Hurts with his character and skill set could lift this team up if Wentz should go down again and make a run. 

Again I'm not completely behind the draft pick but, I get it a little but more then I did. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Some are actually irked at the idea Peters is requesting more money to the point they want the Eagles to cut him. It’s not everyone, but there are some. 

I have been wanting to move on from Peters since 2016 lol. I was afraid it would come to this but, eagles are not in any position at this point to just say eff you go somewhere else. Just give him a bump and be done with it like you said. 

• Like 1

The title of this thread is "Peters puts self before team”.  Scroll through the negativity aimed at the greatest offensive lineman in Eagles history when we suddenly and urgently need him to keep our $100 million dollar franchise QB out of a body bag.  

It makes no sense so yeah, I might be a lil snarky.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

The title of this thread is "Peters puts self before team”.  Scroll through the negativity aimed at the greatest offensive lineman in Eagles history when we suddenly and urgently need him to keep our $100 million dollar franchise QB out of a body bag.  

It makes no sense so yeah, I might be a lil snarky.

My bad I know there was some sheety comments i was in agreement with @EazyEaglez so I for a moment forgot about the other stuff. Like I've said this should of been taken care of years ago but, at this point pay Peter's and move on eagles are in no position to turn him down at this point

• Like 2

My bad I know there was some sheety comments i was in agreement with @EazyEaglez so I for a moment forgot about the other stuff. Like I've said this should of been taken care of years ago but, at this point pay Peter's and move on eagles are in no position to turn him down at this point

Exactly.  It is what it is now.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

... but, he also cost the team a lot of false starts because he needs to get back in his stance sooner because he can't move like he used too.  

I love these kinds of arguments. 

False start penalties by Jason Peters:

2019: 6

2018: 6

2017: 0 (played in 7 games)

2016: 10

2015: 5

2014: 5

2013: 3

2012: DNP

2011: 5

2010: 3

2009: 8

Of the 6 false start penalties Peters had last year, 2 drives ended in successful FGs, 1 ended in a TD. The last one happened before halftime in the playoff game on our last series when we ran out of time with the ball on our side of the field. The only point I'm really trying to make here is that Peters has always been quick off the snap. False start penalties aren't new to him and he didn't have an unusually high amount last year. Laremy Tunsil led the league with 14 false starts last season, went to the Pro Bowl and made the SN 1st team All Pro. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I love these kinds of arguments. 

False start penalties by Jason Peters:

2019: 6

2018: 6

2017: 0 (played in 7 games)

2016: 10

2015: 5

2014: 5

2013: 3

2012: DNP

2011: 5

2010: 3

2009: 8

Of the 6 false start penalties Peters had last year, 2 drives ended in successful FGs, 1 ended in a TD. The last one happened before halftime in the playoff game on our last series when we ran out of time with the ball on our side of the field. The only point I'm really trying to make here is that Peters has always been quick off the snap. False start penalties aren't new to him and he didn't have an unusually high amount last year. Laremy Tunsil led the league with 14 false starts last season, went to the Pro Bowl and made the SN 1st team All Pro. 

Ok, still led the eagles in penalties

36 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I should clarify I wasn't happy with the pick at all. However, the more you look at it and the anxiety of Carson getting hurt again and wanting to take a high character guy with a good skill set I've come down a bit from my hate for the pick. Yes I think they should of drafted other areas and all of that, same as most people feel about it. Just saying I've backed down a bit from hating it as much Carson worries me for as much as I love that guy on a homer level lol. They probably felt a guy like Hurts with his character and skill set could lift this team up if Wentz should go down again and make a run. 

Again I'm not completely behind the draft pick but, I get it a little but more then I did. 

No matter how we try to rationalize the Hurts pick it comes down to one thing. The Eagles in some way are hedging on Carson. If they were completely sold on his they don’t pick Hurts. Bottom line if Hurts proves them right (as a quarterback) then it means Carson was either injured again or failed, and if Hurts never plays then he’s a wasted pick. If he’s just some kind of gadget player he’s a wasted pick. I find little ways to justify that pick and the eventual backlash that could come from it. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No matter how we try to rationalize the Hurts pick it comes down to one thing. The Eagles in some way are hedging on Carson. If they were completely sold on his they don’t pick Hurts. Bottom line if Hurts proves them right (as a quarterback) then it means Carson was either injured again or failed, and if Hurts never plays then he’s a wasted pick. If he’s just some kind of gadget player he’s a wasted pick. I find little ways to justify that pick and the eventual backlash that could come from it. 

I don't disagree with your point of view. Just trying to be hopeful I guess. Don't think there is a way to be proven wrong or right in this scenario. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't disagree with your point of view. Just trying to be hopeful I guess. Don't think there is a way to be proven wrong or right in this scenario. 

Honestly the best case is to see very little of Hurts, because Carson has been healthy and outstanding. Still Howie must be criticized to think a back up QB needs to be selected with a 2nd round pick. His views on draft value must be skewed. 

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly the best case is to see very little of Hurts, because Carson has been healthy and outstanding. Still Howie must be criticized To think a back up QB needs to be selected with a 2nd round pick. His views on draft value must be skewed. 

Even for a homer like me with Howie I agree . I still don't fault him 100% coaches and Assistants definitely way greatly on his moves but, either way they need to be better collectively

4 hours ago, vaff said:

Why does this bother you?

Because NOBODY wanted him and he was about to be out of the NFL. The Eagles saved his butt, so he should be doing whatever he can to help this team. You know- be about the team and not be about himself. That's why it bothers me. It's ungrateful and selfish of him to even think about that kind of thing. He is lucky to even be in the league.

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

I put a link to that article and pointed it out in the JP thread.  You even responded in it.  Just curious, not trying to act like cyber patrol, but why start a new thread about it?

I don't feel you are cyber patrolling me here- or I would ignore you or start a mock fight with you... I feel it's a fair question for you to ask. I was responding to a thread that was about RIGHT tackle, not Left, and I didn't even see your link, or I would have not run this thread. That's all it was.

• Like 1