Eagles Cut/Released Player Tracker

time2rock

25 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

The Eagles are mediocre at best in the draft but have been consistently good for 20 years. I don’t get it. 

It's kind of you to say mediocre, would be more apt to say below average to downright awful.

As for why we have been good, it's simple: Line play. Birds have consistently had a great Offensive and Defensive line.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

It's kind of you to say mediocre, would be more apt to say below average to downright awful.

As for why we have been good, it's simple: Line play. Birds have consistently had a great Offesnsive and Defensive line.

Howie has also been good at pushing off payment to future years allowing us to retain talent at cheaper prices in the current year. If we could draft well, we would be a legit dynasty threat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

First thought that came to mind reading Miller was waived was that they were keeping Ostman in his place.  

Clowney to Philly confirmed :ph34r:

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

As for why we have been good, it's simple: Line play. Birds have consistently had a great Offesnsive and Defensive line.

100% agree. I think the Giants were taking notes. We won’t be good this year, but lots of young OL talent on the roster. 

You guys are also good in free agency. 

1 hour ago, birdgang said:

do we know for a fact that Joe Douglas was running the show for that draft? if so I'm glad he is gone

To be fair, I don’t know anything definitively. The types of players were a complete departure from previous Howie drafts, though.

1 hour ago, NVeagle said:

I'm surprised they cut Tackle Prince TW.

With our T situation..I hope the plan is bring him back to practice squad.

What is the hype with Ostman and being productive? Dude never even made it out of camp in 2 years what productiveness has he had?? He beat pryor at LT this year? Big whoop

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Howie will never catch a break. Weren’t most of these big names from the "GREAT FOOTBALL-GUY JOE DOUGLAS” draft? Production over measurables!!!!!!!!!!

Joe douglas was the guy everyone was afraid of losing to become a GM because of being a football guy... Now he's gone and his drafts are still Howie's fault lol. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Joe douglas was the guy everyone was afraid of losing to become a GM because of being a football guy... Now he's gone and his drafts are still Howie's fault lol. 

Howie had final say on each pick

10 minutes ago, weko said:

Howie had final say on each pick

Ok so? So all the scouts coaches and Joe douglas all said we want this guy and Howie just said the hell with all of them and took who he wanted? I get it Howie sucks at drafting but, it's far fetched to think it he is literally the only one making these choices. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ok so? So all the scouts coaches and Joe douglas all said we want this guy and Howie just said the hell with all of them and took who he wanted? I get it Howie sucks at drafting but, it's far fetched to think it he is literally the only one making these choices. 

This year may end up being a good draft class. Still don't love Hurts in the 2nd, but if Wentz goes down maybe that pans out. Of course...they only scrimmaged against themselves. Could be the rookie WR aren't that good and the defense stinks just like in years prior when we heard people were playing well.

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He should have set the parameters. If you look at 2017, 6 of the 8 picks were undersized.  This isn't golf or baseball.  Good big guys beat good little ones.  Howie oked that philosophy.  Barnett wasn't a bad pick but everything after was horrible.  We got a mediocre LB in the 5th.  That's it.  Both the Jones and Phumphrey picks were as bad as you will see in the league. They are the size of middle school kids.  Douglas was very slow.  You can't play in this league at CB when you are that slow.  The WR in the 4th had a 6th round grade.  We took him early 4th to be a gunner.  Way too high for that.  Gibson in the 5th couldn't run routes.  WRs from WV usually can't.  Just a brutally poor draft and 2019 isn't looking that much better.  If the 1st round OT busts, we have 2 players from that draft left and one of them produced nothing his rookie year.  One of those two 2nd rounders was from the 2018 draft, so you could make the argument we have one player left from 2018 in Sanders and the bust to be OT.  Thankfully 2020 is looking better but very questionable to draft a back up QB in the 2nd and a developmental LB in the 3rd.  All in all way below average performance the last 4 years.  Now it's coming home to roost, starting with the OL.  Need to pick up an OT tomorrow and waive rugby or at least put him in the press box where he belongs.  

5 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

This year may end up being a good draft class. Still don't love Hurts in the 2nd, but if Wentz goes down maybe that pans out. Of course...they only scrimmaged against themselves. Could be the rookie WR aren't that good and the defense stinks just like in years prior when we heard people were playing well.

It could be and I actually liked this draft. Hurts wasnt the best idea but, can see why it was done. We will see. I have turned on Howie over the last couple of years myself but, the drafts have been questionable and had some real head scratchers since after the super bowl. So part of me thinks it's the Doug and reid connection and their philosophy with a lot of these picks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NVeagle said:

I'm surprised they cut Tackle Prince TW.

He has to be a candidate for the PS.  

1 minute ago, weko said:

He should have set the parameters. If you look at 2017, 6 of the 8 picks were undersized.  This isn't golf or baseball.  Good big guys beat good little ones.  Howie oked that philosophy.  Barnett wasn't a bad pick but everything after was horrible.  We got a mediocre LB in the 5th.  That's it.  Both the Jones and Phumphrey picks were as bad as you will see in the league. They are the size of middle school kids.  Douglas was very slow.  You can't play in this league at CB when you are that slow.  The WR in the 4th had a 6th round grade.  We took him early 4th to be a gunner.  Way too high for that.  Gibson in the 5th couldn't run routes.  WRs from WV usually can't.  Just a brutally poor draft and 2019 isn't looking that much better.  If the 1st round OT busts, we have 2 players from that draft left and one of them produced nothing his rookie year.  One of those two 2nd rounders was from the 2018 draft, so you could make the argument we have one player left from 2018 in Sanders and the bust to be OT.  Thankfully 2020 is looking better but very questionable to draft a back up QB in the 2nd and a developmental LB in the 3rd.  All in all way below average performance the last 4 years.  Now it's coming home to roost, starting with the OL.  Need to pick up an OT tomorrow and waive rugby or at least put him in the press box where he belongs.  

As I just said with diehard I'm starting to think some of these picks remind me a lot of Reid's picks after 2004 with the ugly over reached head scratchers . So I'm just starting to think this is a Reid and Doug connection and their philosophy and the small speed ball guy overachievers in college. Howie did say they are taking guys with high ceilings after last year and it looks like he did that this year so hopefully that works out. 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

As I just said with diehard I'm starting to think some of these picks remind me a lot of Reid's picks after 2004 with the ugly over reached head scratchers . So I'm just starting to think this is a Reid and Doug connection and their philosophy and the small speed ball guy overachievers in college. Howie did say they are taking guys with high ceilings after last year and it looks like he did that this year so hopefully that works out. 

Agree. We will see. As I said I hope the kids pan out and it isn't a case of them just looking good in practice. 

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

The Eagles are mediocre at best in the draft but have been consistently good for 20 years. I don’t get it. 

This is accurate.  I think I saw somewhere they are basically right in the middle of the 32 teams based on criteria I can't remember.  I would guess that they have dominated trades, and they have typically made really good decisions with bargain contracts and cap space.  They also nail some of the really important positions - QB, LT, Head coach (outside of Chimp Kelly).   

• Like 1

Ok hope we get the following back.

Holyfield

Ostman 

Burnett 

AK

McGill 

Opeta 

How's PS eligibility work? I'm sure not all those guys are eligible but most are. 

Rasul AND Sidney... BOTH got the BOOT. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What is the hype with Ostman and being productive? Dude never even made it out of camp in 2 years what productiveness has he had?? He beat pryor at LT this year? Big whoop

Nevertheless Ostman was probably the LAST cut, either him or Miller. 

3 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

So Alston makes the 53 man roster?  Not long ago that was unthinkable.

What other choice did they have? They cut him and the little cap space they have blows up in their faces. It’s a pretty bad situation they have themselves in. 

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

What other choice did they have? They cut him and the little cap space they have blows up in their faces. It’s a pretty bad situation they have themselves in. 

Agreed bro.  Guaranteeing his salary was a terrible mistake obviously.  I just thought they’d put him on IR for the first six weeks and maybe they still will but right now they’re carrying 7 WR.