Eagles Cut/Released Player Tracker

time2rock

Ostman is getting cut.  I hope that one comes back to haunt Howie. Hopefully, he catches on somewhere else and produces.  That guy deserved to make it. He had two good camps in a row and it isn't as if we don't need some extra pass rush depth.

https://sports.yahoo.com/philadelphia-eagles-release-joe-ostman-174751631.html

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Ostman is getting cut.  I hope that one comes back to haunt Howie. Hopefully, he catches on somewhere else and produces.  That guy deserved to make it. He had two good camps in a row and it isn't as if we don't need some extra pass rush depth.

https://sports.yahoo.com/philadelphia-eagles-release-joe-ostman-174751631.html

First thought that came to mind reading Miller was waived was that they were keeping Ostman in his place.  

Just now, time2rock said:

First thought that came to mind reading Miller was waived was that Ostman made it.  

Miller has done nothing. That was a wasted pick from the get go.  They are probably hoping to put Ostman on the practice squad. I'm now hoping he gets claimed because guys that produce like he did deserve to make it, especially when we have a need to keep a DE with some pass rushing ability.  At least keep him until you find someone you feel is better. Personally, I would rather see what Ostman can do vs. what Barnett has been giving us.  

• Like 2

Just now, CaliEagle said:

Miller has done nothing. That was a wasted pick from the get go.  They are probably hoping to put Ostman on the practice squad. I'm now hoping he gets claimed because guys that produce like he did deserve to make it, especially when we have a need to keep a DE with some pass rushing ability.  At least keep him until you find someone you feel is better. Personally, I would rather see what Ostman can do vs. what Barnett has been giving us.  

Agree with you on Miller.  I never liked the pick (coming from a huge PSU fan).  

17 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Agree with you on Miller.  I never liked the pick (coming from a huge PSU fan).  

Yep.  But looking at that draft, none of the next 10 picks jump off the page.

The cuts rolling in so far are not a good sign for Howie’s drafting ability...but we knew that already...

• Like 2

I just glanced at the thread title and my first thought was 'Who the hell is Tracker?' :huh: lol

• Haha 4

Not surprised about Rasul, but Miller and Jones being cut sure stings, another couple of signature Howie busts.

For the love of God can we take drafting decisions away from this bean counter.

• Like 4

Wow. Saw this thread earlier and just read it after my son said we released Jones and Douglas. Crazy. Maybe this will light a fire under JJAW.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just glanced at the thread title and my first thought was 'Who the hell is Tracker?' :huh: lol

I was struggling with a thread title lol

35 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yep.  But looking at that draft, none of the next 10 picks jump off the page.

No doubt.  Really none of those drafted in the 10 prior to Miller jump off the page either.  That draft was really not a very good class overall.  

Howie will never catch a break. Weren’t most of these big names from the "GREAT FOOTBALL-GUY JOE DOUGLAS” draft? Production over measurables!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Waived bust 2nd rounder Jones, bust 3rd rounder Douglas, bust 4th rounder Miller.  Kept bust 4th round trade Avery over productive Ostman.  Some 3-4 team should run to claim Ostman.  Should also waive failed 7th rounder rugby after we claim an OL tomorrow.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Howie will never catch a break. Weren’t most of these big names from the "GREAT FOOTBALL-GUY JOE DOUGLAS” draft? Production over measurables!!!!!!!!!!

do we know for a fact that Joe Douglas was running the show for that draft? if so I'm glad he is gone

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

he’s little but he’s slow