Eagles Cut/Released Player Tracker

time2rock

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yep, no way they roll into the season with only 8 OL when 1 is oft injured JP and 2 of the 3 reserves are completely inexperienced.  

The AJ situation meant carrying 7 WR's and not sure that Watkins who apears to have a minor injury couldn't have stayed on the 53 otherwise.. Yes the OL should be at 9 soon, and Strap should be back at CB soon, as there are already two IR's Watkins and Parks. It seems like LB and Safeties are over weighted for now on the 53 due to injuries as well. 

3 hours ago, Robmarina9 said:

The AJ situation meant carrying 7 WR's and not sure that Watkins who apears to have a minor injury couldn't have stayed on the 53 otherwise.. Yes the OL should be at 9 soon, and Strap should be back at CB soon, as there are already two IR's Watkins and Parks. It seems like LB and Safeties are over weighted for now on the 53 due to injuries as well. 

Wait, so Quez Watkins and Will Parks are both on IR now?  When did that happen?  I am just getting home from an all day gig and seems missed quite a bit.  

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Wait, so Quez Watkins and Will Parks are both on IR now?  When did that happen?  I am just getting home from an all day gig and seems missed quite a bit.  

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagles-place-will-parks-and-quez-watkins-on-injured-reserve

It happened a few hours ago. Also reported earlier in this thread and other ones..

15 hours ago, time2rock said:

Roster as it stands currently:

OFFENSE (23):

QB (3): Wentz, Sudfeld, Hurts

RB (3): Sanders, Scott, Clement

WR (7):  Jackson, Jeffery, JJAW, Ward, Reagor, Hightower, Watkins

TE (2):  Ertz, Goedert

OL (8):  Johnson, Seumalo, Kelce, Peters, Pryor, Mailata, Herbig, Driscoll

DEFENSE (27):

DL (10):  Graham, Barnett, Cox, Hargrave, Sweat, Jackson, Curry, Ridgeway, Avery, Toohill

LB (6): Gerry, Edwards, Riley, Singleton, Taylor, Bradley

CB (5): Slay, Maddox, Robey-Coleman, LeBlanc, James

S (6): McLeod, Mills, Parks, Wallace, Ford, Epps

STs (3):

Elliott, Johnston, Lovato

3 down

7 hours ago, What The F said:

3 down

Wait so parks is done for the year? Or he can come back? This off season is so confusing with new rules and what not

8 hours ago, What The F said:

3 down

Yeah, it was a pretty safe assumption there would continue to be tweaks.  I didn't see them cutting LeBlanc though.  Perhaps they were looking for a trade partner for him and simply couldn't find one.  Better hope NRC stays healthy now.  Well all of them really, as the lack of depth overall at CB is concerning.  But I suppose they have WIlliams that can be called up as needed (and will not need to go through the waiver process in order to move him or any of them back down).  

38 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wait so parks is done for the year? Or he can come back? This off season is so confusing with new rules and what not

I had read somewhere last night (forget where ... I will see if I can find the reference to post) that players placed on IR after 4pm on Sunday were required to miss only the first 3 weeks before they are eligible to be activated to the 53 man roster again.  What the article didn't mention was whether they were limited to the number of players that this would apply to.  

EDIT:

Found another source stating the same:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/9/6/21425420/eagles-will-parks-jalen-reagor-injured-reserve-news-philadelphia-nfl-roster-javon-hargrave-avery

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I had read somewhere last night (forget where ... I will see if I can find the reference to post) that players placed on IR after 4pm on Sunday were required to miss only the first 3 weeks before they are eligible to be activated to the 53 man roster again.  What the article didn't mention was whether they were limited to the number of players that this would apply to.  

EDIT:

Found another source stating the same:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/9/6/21425420/eagles-will-parks-jalen-reagor-injured-reserve-news-philadelphia-nfl-roster-javon-hargrave-avery

Ok thanks, I was getting worried that we were already doing the whole out a few weeks and then all of a sudden out for the season type BS again. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ok thanks, I was getting worried that we were already doing the whole out a few weeks and then all of a sudden out for the season type BS again. 

Hey who knows, that very well could still happen.  But for Parks it is being reported he has a hamstring injury and expected to miss 4-6 weeks. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/eagles-will-parks-placed-on-ir/#:~:text=The Eagles placed Parks (hamstring,recover from his hamstring injury.

So placing him on IR that would allow him to be activated after only 3 weeks makes sense (allows them to use that spot on another player until he is ready to contribute).  

58 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Hey who knows, that very well could still happen.  But for Parks it is being reported he has a hamstring injury and expected to miss 4-6 weeks. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/eagles-will-parks-placed-on-ir/#:~:text=The Eagles placed Parks (hamstring,recover from his hamstring injury.

So placing him on IR that would allow him to be activated after only 3 weeks makes sense (allows them to use that spot on another player until he is ready to contribute).  

49 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do we still have 1 roster spot open?

1 roster spot left. Would have thought they have to add on the O-Line - either Glenn or somebody else.

Parks and Watkins both on IR - can return after 3 weeks, but in my view they are just stashing Watkins. Parks they will want back as soon as possible.

37 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

1 roster spot left. Would have thought they have to add on the O-Line - either Glenn or somebody else.

Parks and Watkins both on IR - can return after 3 weeks, but in my view they are just stashing Watkins. Parks they will want back as soon as possible.

May well be re Watkins.  His return can be as short as 3 weeks.  But how long can he stay on IR? 

OL and TE are still a bit thin, even you count Glenn in.  The one opening can go to one of these 2 areas.

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

You'd certainly like to think that's going to be the case yeah! 

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You'd certainly like to think that's going to be the case yeah! 

I think they may try to add TE Richard Rodgers to the roster - we only have 2 on the 53 now and he was released by Washington recently.