Eagles Cut/Released Player Tracker

time2rock

Just now, Hawkeye said:

Agreed bro.  Guaranteeing his salary was a terrible mistake obviously.  I just thought they’d put him on IR for the first six weeks and maybe they still will but right now they’re carrying 7 WR.

I think they’re hoping he plays soon so someone can bail them out of the horrible mistake Howie made. They practically need to overpay to have him leave at this point. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Agreed bro.  Guaranteeing his salary was a terrible mistake obviously.  I just thought they’d put him on IR for the first six weeks and maybe they still will but right now they’re carrying 7 WR.

I don't think they can put him on IR reserves to come back till after week 1 but, I'm not 100% on that one

34 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think they’re hoping he plays soon so someone can bail them out of the horrible mistake Howie made. They practically need to overpay to have him leave at this point. 

He made one of the most important catches in Eagles history in the Super Bowl.  Punched New England right in the mouth and set the tone for the rest of the game.  

I wish it hadn’t come to this.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

He made one of the most important catches in Eagles history in the Super Bowl.  Punched New England right in the mouth and set the tone for the rest of the game.  

I wish it hadn’t come to this.

I get the feeling before the start of next season a lot of names that we appreciate for bringing us that trophy will no longer be Eagles. 

Can't say more then what other posters have mentioned but I just want to put my two cents in and say Ostman should have beaten out Avery for DE. Ostman has done nothing wrong to merit getting cut as he has had two very good camps. He had an injury last year in camp and came back in great shape and he puts 110% into everything he does. 

10 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Ostman is getting cut.  I hope that one comes back to haunt Howie. Hopefully, he catches on somewhere else and produces.  That guy deserved to make it. He had two good camps in a row and it isn't as if we don't need some extra pass rush depth.

https://sports.yahoo.com/philadelphia-eagles-release-joe-ostman-174751631.html

I heard someone suggest, I think Caplan, that while Ostman had a good camp he maybe wasn’t all the way back from his injury. I did see a clip of him early in camp where he seemed to have a limp. Having said that keeping Avery over Ostman is pretty indefensible. Howie probably didn’t want to admit to his second blown 4th rounder today.

9 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Howie will never catch a break. Weren’t most of these big names from the "GREAT FOOTBALL-GUY JOE DOUGLAS” draft? Production over measurables!!!!!!!!!!

Douglas had a good rep as a talent evaluator before he came here, Howie never has. And Howie had final say. 

2017: supposed deep corner class, and CB was the biggest need. Hoped to set up the position for years. 

Draft Barnett in the first, he's an ok DE.

Draft 2 corners that do almost nothing and get cut. 

Also draft freaking Pumphrey and Hollins. What a bad draft. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

It's kind of you to say mediocre, would be more apt to say below average to downright awful.

As for why we have been good, it's simple: Line play. Birds have consistently had a great Offensive and Defensive line.

That and good coaching.  Doug is a good coach.  Andy was a good coach for a decade here - it was only toward the end when his decision-making became questionable to the extent it became a detriment.

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

According to Howie, we aren't actively shopping AJ.  Says they didn't want to put him on PUP because he'll be able to contribute before then.  So going with 7 on the roster really means having 6 available initially (until AJ is indeed ready to play).  And really, it is very likely 2 of the 7 are gone next year (AJ and DJax).  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/06/eagles-not-actively-shopping-alshon-jeffery/

Roster as it stands currently:

OFFENSE (23):

QB (3): Wentz, Sudfeld, Hurts

RB (3): Sanders, Scott, Clement

WR (7):  Jackson, Jeffery, JJAW, Ward, Reagor, Hightower, Watkins

TE (2):  Ertz, Goedert

OL (8):  Johnson, Seumalo, Kelce, Peters, Pryor, Mailata, Herbig, Driscoll

DEFENSE (27):

DL (10):  Graham, Barnett, Cox, Hargrave, Sweat, Jackson, Curry, Ridgeway, Avery, Toohill

LB (6): Gerry, Edwards, Riley, Singleton, Taylor, Bradley

CB (5): Slay, Maddox, Robey-Coleman, LeBlanc, James

S (6): McLeod, Mills, Parks, Wallace, Ford, Epps

STs (3):

Elliott, Johnston, Lovato

• Like 1

Interesting to see what Howie does next few days with this team. Been a Howie supporter for a very long time but lately im questioning my life choices? Even my love for big red faded over time. Starting to question Howie lately.. hurts..

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Looks like they need to add an O-line or two and drop a D-line and a Safety.

Yep, no way they roll into the season with only 8 OL when 1 is oft injured JP and 2 of the 3 reserves are completely inexperienced.  

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There's got to be more moves coming right? Has to be. That roster right now is a 7 win roster at best. 

Bruh, we have a QB factory so we're good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Not sure how people think we are so much worse this year then last. After that absolute sheet show of a team last year we still managed 9 wins. We have upgraded at a few positions that were absolutely dreadful last year. Plus added some good speed 

42 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not sure how people think we are so much worse this year then last. After that absolute sheet show of a team last year we still managed 9 wins. We have upgraded at a few positions that were absolutely dreadful last year. Plus added some good speed 

Joking with him. But some upgrades, some losses to injury, some unknown youth, some expectations for younger players stepping up...hard to say. Losing 2 starting O line for the year hurts any team that's tough. 

44 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Joking with him. But some upgrades, some losses to injury, some unknown youth, some expectations for younger players stepping up...hard to say. Losing 2 starting O line for the year hurts any team that's tough. 

I agree but, I still feel we are going into this better off then last season especially if Wentz comes in where he left off. Carson was horrible to start the year. Just that alone puts us in better position to win. The line is going to obviously going to affect that but, meh the line wasn't that great last year either. 

58 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The OL is likely the biggest determining factor of all those listed for how this season plays out.  Have to hope JP stays healthy and plays well at RG (or LT, depending on where he ends up).  And have to hope we don't lose any other starters otherwise this could get ugly (without knowing what moves the make to address OL, which I think are coming).  

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Oh that's so true. How silly of me. Sorry we are all good here again. 

😁

• Like 1

This is a cut player tracker so there's this:

In other waiver news, the Carolina Panthers claimed former Eagles draft picks Rasul Douglas and Shareef Miller. The Panthers notably hired former Eagles national scout Pat Stewart as their new director of player personnel earlier this year. Carolina also employs former Eagles analyst Taylor Rajack as their director of football analytics.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/9/6/21425125/jason-huntley-eagles-nfl-waiver-wire-claims-results-rasul-douglas-shareef-miller-philadelphia-news

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

According to Howie, we aren't actively shopping AJ.  Says they didn't want to put him on PUP because he'll be able to contribute before then.  So going with 7 on the roster really means having 6 available initially (until AJ is indeed ready to play).  And really, it is very likely 2 of the 7 are gone next year (AJ and DJax).  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/06/eagles-not-actively-shopping-alshon-jeffery/

I agree. With the cap issues there’s no chance either player will be an Eagle next season regardless of what they do out there. I can only hope Howie pulls out his miracle cap game to fix this mess. 

23 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ok so? So all the scouts coaches and Joe douglas all said we want this guy and Howie just said the hell with all of them and took who he wanted? I get it Howie sucks at drafting but, it's far fetched to think it he is literally the only one making these choices. 

Come on now, Howie is Teflon on drafts, every crappy draft since he became GM has been Reid, Chip's and now Joe Douglas fault, he's a cap wizard because he kept kicking Players money down the road but that'll be someone elses fault when it bites us in the a** next year.