Quarantine gaming

mayanh8

8 hours ago, Gannan said:

So I got a free trial of Xbox game pass in a box of crackers, so checking out the games there. Played a couple of "open world" style games this weekend. "Sea of Thieves" was infuriating. I never last more than 10-15 minutes before I get killed by other players. I lasted longer in "Day Z" which is a zombie apocalypse type game. This game gave me more of a fighting chance, but its still really hard. You start out with next to nothing and have to find food water, shelter and clothing to survive. You can team with other players but usually they just want to rob and kill you. 

I've always wanted to play Day z never got around to it. 

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I've always wanted to play Day z never got around to it. 

I thought I was playing it for an hour or so, and in reality 4 hours had gone by. That says something anyway. 

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

I thought I was playing it for an hour or so, and in reality 4 hours had gone by. That says something anyway. 

Those kind of games are the worse lol. In a good way. 

Latest PC game rotation has been Valheim, Planet Zoo & Green Hell.I also bought Empyrion Galactic Survival and havent played it yet

Bethesda titles available on xbox game pass now. I have Dishonored 1 and 2 downloaded and Doom Eternal. Probly going to play Dishonored first, heard its fun.

I played Dishonored on PC and it was a cool game. Definitely worth a play through!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is Returnal going to be legit? First GameSpot review has it as a 9/10

Microsoft gave me a free $10 code for their new spring sale so I went old school and bought Castlevania Symphony of the Night for $9.99. Thanks for the free game.

Just get a raspberry pi4. Games for years. 18K plus games of the old school era. Well worth the $200 

I'd recommend to get all the older style controllers(usb version) to make it more realistic playing those games. They sell a 5 pack with NES, SNES, N64, PS, Xbox. I also bout a atari style controller as well. Not enough time to play all these games there is so much. 

New Pokémon Snap is dope for those of you who have children and a Switch. Just a really chill game that can burn a lot of time if you want them out of your hair for a bit. Or if you want to burn some time yourself.

I loved this game on N64 as a kid, really cool idea and it looks fantastic for a switch game.

9 hours ago, devpool said:

New Pokémon Snap is dope for those of you who have children and a Switch. Just a really chill game that can burn a lot of time if you want them out of your hair for a bit. Or if you want to burn some time yourself.

I loved this game on N64 as a kid, really cool idea and it looks fantastic for a switch game.

I was in Middle School when Pokemon made its way to the states. I was a morning person in those days and would have some channel on TV (forget the network, but it was the one that had a Super Mario Bros cartoon along with Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon). One day, this show Pokemon is on. I mention it to my friends in school. The next day, they watched in the morning and we were all talking about it to other people. Within a week, seemed like the whole school was watching/talking about it. 

I remember having some kind of Gameboy and playing the RPG game (I feel like you needed a select color to catch specific pokemon)... and maybe there was a way to play against/with your friends? So damn long ago (23ish years?) that I am painfully fuzzy on the details. 

I don’t think I realized the new resident evil was going to be out already. Saw at the store but did not buy. I digi-purchased RE3 Remake on a huge bundle sale with RE2 remake months and months ago and haven’t played yet. I’m also slowly starting to get soft. I love letting people borrow or even re-selling my hard copy games. But I am lazy in swapping discs (nintendo switch especially) so I’m also getting hesitant on buying physical media even tho I know there are more legitimate benefits to them 

6 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I don’t think I realized the new resident evil was going to be out already. Saw at the store but did not buy. I digi-purchased RE3 Remake on a huge bundle sale with RE2 remake months and months ago and haven’t played yet. I’m also slowly starting to get soft. I love letting people borrow or even re-selling my hard copy games. But I am lazy in swapping discs (nintendo switch especially) so I’m also getting hesitant on buying physical media even tho I know there are more legitimate benefits to them 

I've been the same I have all hard copy games for the PS5 and I don't play it as much because I don't feel like changing the damn disc for every game lol

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I've been the same I have all hard copy games for the PS5 and I don't play it as much because I don't feel like changing the damn disc for every game lol

It's wild how the discs was NEVER an issue and then within the past 6 months its all of a sudden become some burden. I have a very infrequently used Switch, but I did buy it last summer because why not, and grabbed a handful of 1st Party games (which is the only thing I will likely every buy for that console). The handful of times I wanted to switch,  or a friend texted me to play some online Mario Kart, it was such a chore to find wherever I had the little cartridges stashed in some random sleeve in one of the random travel cases. 

Wound up buying a Switch+Mario Kart bundle console to re-sell strictly for the purpose of having someone allow me to keep their digital copy voucher and give them my hard copy. While I haven't played most yet, also got Digi on Mario All Stars, Mario 3D World, Zelda BotW, Animal Crossing, Luigi Mansion and a few other misc and/or throwback titles. On cartridge I have Odyssey which has gotten zero playtime :lol:

So now, with the PS5, that same inconvenienced mental block is persistent in my brain which discourages me from trying or playing different things. And fortunately I'm in situation now where money isn't a concern (in the sense that if the game drops price by $20-30 in the next 45days for a physical copy, its not going to affect what I can choose to purchase after with the refunded difference), but my brain is still programmed to look for any take advantage of deals. So now I'll probably just not buy anything new (unless its a Day 1 Naughty Dog title or something to that extend) and then there will be some random digital sale one day that I'll see and pounce on. 

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I have a very infrequently used Switch, but I did buy it last summer because why not, and grabbed a handful of 1st Party games (which is the only thing I will likely every buy for that console). The handful of times I wanted to switch,  or a friend texted me to play some online Mario Kart, it was such a chore to find wherever I had the little cartridges stashed in some random sleeve in one of the random travel cases. 

Actually, that's what started it for me too! I have a Nintendo switch and I have absolutely no desire to mess with those stupid little cartridges. So everything is digital on there. 

I got digital here and there for PS4 but, for the big titles I always got the physical copy. So I sold the PS4 before the PS5 came out and played everything on the Switch until PS5. So got the PS5 and bought all physical copies and do not want to change games like ever lol. 

25 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Actually, that's what started it for me too! I have a Nintendo switch and I have absolutely no desire to mess with those stupid little cartridges. So everything is digital on there. 

I got digital here and there for PS4 but, for the big titles I always got the physical copy. So I sold the PS4 before the PS5 came out and played everything on the Switch until PS5. So got the PS5 and bought all physical copies and do not want to change games like ever lol. 

YUP!!! Why are we getting so soft so easily?!?! And like.... I don't even play multiple PS games concurrently, so its not like I'd have to take out Mile Morales to play Valhalla and switch back to Miles before then playing Demon's Souls for a few hours.... and half the games I probably should be playing are all free from the PS+ collection on PS5 or games that have been given for free in the PS+ monthly titles... so those are all digital anyways!!! But when I saw RE8 sitting on an end display at Target (their rear receiving back basically faces Best Buys receiving bay, so its a 15 second drive to go there and collect rewards points)... I was like "ehhh... I'll wait. Physical feels dirty"

But I still want the flexibility and price discounts of physical! Just not the insert and remove part!!! 

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

YUP!!! Why are we getting so soft so easily?!?! And like.... I don't even play multiple PS games concurrently, so its not like I'd have to take out Mile Morales to play Valhalla and switch back to Miles before then playing Demon's Souls for a few hours.... and half the games I probably should be playing are all free from the PS+ collection on PS5 or games that have been given for free in the PS+ monthly titles... so those are all digital anyways!!! But when I saw RE8 sitting on an end display at Target (their rear receiving back basically faces Best Buys receiving bay, so its a 15 second drive to go there and collect rewards points)... I was like "ehhh... I'll wait. Physical feels dirty"

But I still want the flexibility and price discounts of physical! Just not the insert and remove part!!! 

You and I were always the same when it comes to playing one title at a time so I'm in the same boat lol. Well I should say I'll play a serious title like last of us and then a game I can just mess around with like a platformer or an NBA game. 

I was always more into the physical copy for the same reasons. I know.you don't always get to much for trade in but, it's something and better then the nothing that digital gives you. 

I have also become to lazy to go to the store to get hard copies and to impatient to wait for it in the mail lol. What a mess! 

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You and I were always the same when it comes to playing one title at a time so I'm in the same boat lol. Well I should say I'll play a serious title like last of us and then a game I can just mess around with like a platformer or an NBA game. 

I was always more into the physical copy for the same reasons. I know.you don't always get to much for trade in but, it's something and better then the nothing that digital gives you. 

I have also become to lazy to go to the store to get hard copies and to impatient to wait for it in the mail lol. What a mess! 

I don't know who to contact, but I foolishly bought 2K back over the winter when I was in a hotel room 23 hours a day and they had a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale. I was trying to use up some rewards points and it wouldn't let me buy something that was digital (I can't recall what it was), but it would let me buy VC for some reason. So I was like "screw it, I'll kill some of this reward voucher on VC so that I'll at least be enticed to play My Player on 2k."

The sheet CLEARLY STATED VC for NBA 2K21 PS4/PS5... but when I redeemed on PS Store, it transactioned it as PS4... NOT PS5.... so needless to say NBA2K has just collected dust along with Cyberjunk (which was glitchy as all hell at launch along with the FPS view, so I abandoned that quick too). I might be able to contact help for PS store and have my VC transitioned to PS5 but I honestly don't even know the process and my level of caring is minimal. 

28 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I don't know who to contact, but I foolishly bought 2K back over the winter when I was in a hotel room 23 hours a day and they had a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale. I was trying to use up some rewards points and it wouldn't let me buy something that was digital (I can't recall what it was), but it would let me buy VC for some reason. So I was like "screw it, I'll kill some of this reward voucher on VC so that I'll at least be enticed to play My Player on 2k."

The sheet CLEARLY STATED VC for NBA 2K21 PS4/PS5... but when I redeemed on PS Store, it transactioned it as PS4... NOT PS5.... so needless to say NBA2K has just collected dust along with Cyberjunk (which was glitchy as all hell at launch along with the FPS view, so I abandoned that quick too). I might be able to contact help for PS store and have my VC transitioned to PS5 but I honestly don't even know the process and my level of caring is minimal. 

I got the same version of NBA2k21 my VC went towards the PS5 version.... That's strange it did that to you. 

I have cyberfail sitting here as well. I but it because of the hype, not sure why though because I know I won't like it. So that will probably never get played lol. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I got the same version of NBA2k21 my VC went towards the PS5 version.... That's strange it did that to you. 

I have cyberfail sitting here as well. I but it because of the hype, not sure why though because I know I won't like it. So that will probably never get played lol. 

I emailed NBA2k directly and they said they show it on my PS5 account... so now I am re-installing the game onto my PS5 so I can access it again and see if the stuff shows. Maybe with Curry will inspire me to hook (virtually) 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I emailed NBA2k directly and they said they show it on my PS5 account... so now I am re-installing the game onto my PS5 so I can access it again and see if the stuff shows. Maybe with Curry will inspire me to hook (virtually) 

Go get it!

17 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Go get it!

VC randomly showed in my account when i finally took 1897987 hours to get the damn game to connect to the internet so it could download and update

26 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

VC randomly showed in my account when i finally took 1897987 hours to get the damn game to connect to the internet so it could download and update

I have nothing to use the VC for but at least I have it lol

On 5/12/2021 at 10:14 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I have nothing to use the VC for but at least I have it lol

I guess you don't play MyTeam? I use it on packs.

42 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I guess you don't play MyTeam? I use it on packs.

No I just play my league and never finish a season