Quarantine gaming

mayanh8

Here's a list of games I've tried over the last six months...

1. Grim Dawn - poor man's Diablo 3 replacement with worse everything but has none of the loot issues
2. Monster Hunter: World - awful keyboard controls, had to connect my xbox controller to the PC in order to play, multiplayer during campaign is extremely limited so we bailed on the game.
3. Final Fantasy XIV - terrible. terrible. terrible.
4. Deep Rock Galactic - didn't really get into it
5. Night of the Dead - just started
6. Divinity: Original Sin 2 - top 5 game I've ever played, highly recommended.
7. Astroneer - had stupid fun with friends for about two weeks, no depth to the game, got tired of it quickly

On 9/14/2020 at 7:54 AM, jrsu37 said:

I've almost pulled the trigger on Divinity 2 like 10 times...I need to just Fin get it.

I actually enjoyed it more playing solo since the game is so deep and takes so long that trying to keep a party together long enough over the course of weeks/months becomes challenging.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

This avengers game is decent

As much as I love the movie genre, I've never been able to get into superhero games. I still haven't even played Spiderman.

2 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

As much as I love the movie genre, I've never been able to get into superhero games. I still haven't even played Spiderman.

Me neither. But for some reason, I'm digging this one.

9 hours ago, mayanh8 said:

Ditto.

48 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Ditto.

This one doesn't really play like the other ones before it, except for maybe the OG Ultimate Alliance. In fact, it's like if Ultimate Alliance, The Division, and Destiny all had a threesome and one of them got pregnant and then popped this game out. I was so-so on it for the first couple hours, but I'm basically hooked now. 

4 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

This one doesn't really play like the other ones before it, except for maybe the OG Ultimate Alliance. In fact, it's like if Ultimate Alliance, The Division, and Destiny all had a threesome and one of them got pregnant and then popped this game out. I was so-so on it for the first couple hours, but I'm basically hooked now. 

Huh...Maybe I'll give it a shot. Square Enix is a great dev...In fact IDK if I've ever played a game by them I didn't like. 

1 minute ago, jrsu37 said:

Huh...Maybe I'll give it a shot. Square Enix is a great dev...In fact IDK if I've ever played a game by them I didn't like. 

The only thing missing from it is that open world aspect that games like The Division nailed so well. This game is broken up into smaller corridors and isn't nearly as engaging from that perspective, but it's still fun to play, especially if you have a buddy that you can co-op with online.

• 2 weeks later...

Im on PC and have been playing Resident Evil Biohazard, Green Hell, Dawn of Man. Next game purchase will probably be Star Wars Squadrons

I was playing Assassins Creed Odyssey all summer while I was stuck inside back home. Now I'm back at work half way around the world and I left the stupid game in my console. Right now the Mrs. and I have been playing Saints Row 3 remastered co-op. 

3 hours ago, Wormlegs said:

Im on PC and have been playing Resident Evil Biohazard, Green Hell, Dawn of Man. Next game purchase will probably be Star Wars Squadrons

How are these two? Both have been on my steam list for a while.

I completely forgot about Star Wars squadrons. I am definitely going to pick that up. I remember playing the TIE Fighter series on PC with a joystick 25 years ago. Haven't played a game like that since.

7 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

How are these two? Both have been on my steam list for a while.

Both of these are amazing. Green Hell is pretty hard. I play co-op with a buddy and it makes it much more fun and easier.It has a story mode and then a survival mode. I have about 52 hours into it so far and I recommend it if you like hard survival games, crafting, base building, nutrient management (water, carbs, protein and a 4th i cant remember)

Dawn of Man, I am only about 3 hours in. I have a camp setup and if you are into real time strategy and very early man technology and life, this game is for you. It reminds me of Civilization sort of, where you have town management but it is literally down do an individual level. For example, my town has 14 people and I literally have 14 people to control. People age, children are born, animals age, its pretty crazy of a game. You learn technology (that only goes up to the iron age i believe) and then learn to build new structures. I recommend it so far

5 hours ago, mayanh8 said:

I completely forgot about Star Wars squadrons. I am definitely going to pick that up. I remember playing the TIE Fighter series on PC with a joystick 25 years ago. Haven't played a game like that since.

Same here. I grew up on Tie Fighter, Xwing vs Tie Fighter PC games running on a 486dx i believe.Those games were amazing when they came out with high tech graphics lol. The crazy part is steam has those games on there. I like to look at them and show my kids how awesome that technology is.

Squadrons looks amazing and I still need to pickup a joystick. I will hit up newegg.com and see what they have. I love that place. The other game I will probably grab next is Medieval Dynasty

• Like 1

I am back into Green Hell on a co-op survival game. One of the coolest survival games out there

No love for Last of Us 2 during quarantine? I put a bunch of hours into that, still going through my 2nd playthrough now (probably 65% way through) 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 12:56 PM, JBENT87 said:

No love for Last of Us 2 during quarantine? I put a bunch of hours into that, still going through my 2nd playthrough now (probably 65% way through) 

Dude I've played through it 3 times already...Its so depressing and tense though. After a few days of playing, with quarantine and all, it can drive a bit of depression lol.

I've been playing a lot of Among Us as I'm sure others have. When you get an actual group together to play, it's just soooooooooo fun.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up an Oculus Rift S and have been playing Star Wars Squadrons... it's OK.

Also grabbed an X-56 joystick and throttle which has been GREAT.

Been looking for a game I can really dive into so just bought Elite: Dangerous. I'm hoping it'll be something I can play for an extended period of time.

@we_gotta_believe send me your next game on Steam you want to get

55 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

Picked up an Oculus Rift S and have been playing Star Wars Squadrons... it's OK.

Also grabbed an X-56 joystick and throttle which has been GREAT.

Been looking for a game I can really dive into so just bought Elite: Dangerous. I'm hoping it'll be something I can play for an extended period of time.

@we_gotta_believe send me your next game on Steam you want to get

We're good, bud. I hereby convert it to a gentleman's bet.

Also, I hate the tension spring on the x-56. After time, the friction from rubbing on the shaft makes fine movements a little jerky. Saitek's old sticks were the boobs though. 

2 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

After time, the friction from rubbing on the shaft makes jerky the boobs

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

Watch dog legions $30 today. Going to Best Buy to pick up. How does the upgrade work? I see the disc version comes out in a few weeks for next gen. Does that mean I should sit and wait until it’s on next gen before I plop the PS4 disc in?

• Like 1