Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

42 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

This next year is all about determining if Wentz can be fixed and/OR Hurts is a better option at QB.

I can tell you now Hurts is a better option. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/carson_wentz_reportedly_still_unhappy_with_philadelphia_eagles/s1_12680_33918188

I think the drama you will get with wentz isn't worth it. Its time to move on. what a waste of draft pick and money. This is why you don't draft guys from small schools. They don't know how to handle big cities or take criticism. So much for GOD helping him.

1 hour ago, kentwo said:

Not to mention people always saying he should just throw it away. His WRs struggled to get open, which means if he didn't try to buy them time he'd be throwing away the ball on almost every play. That is not to say that there were legitimate times that he should have thrown the ball away, but it has become a blanket statement to just say he should throw the ball away without including the context of trying to win a game, having sub-par WRs, and a poor Oline.

The irony is that people crucified him for throwing it away on plays, too 

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

The irony is that people crucified him for throwing it away on plays, too 

he is going to get criticized no matter what he does. Thats true of all players and coaches in a big city. As a player you have to block out that noise and work on your craft. if that noise starts impacting your play then you have a problem. Is wentz really that insecure about his skills that he is threatened by a 2nd round draft pick when he was the 2nd pick in the draft? 

39 minutes ago, jblah said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/carson_wentz_reportedly_still_unhappy_with_philadelphia_eagles/s1_12680_33918188

I think the drama you will get with wentz isn't worth it. Its time to move on. what a waste of draft pick and money. This is why you don't draft guys from small schools. They don't know how to handle big cities or take criticism. So much for GOD helping him.

I don't have a problem drafting someone from say Mississippi Valley State if you think he has the goods to succeed.

No doubt, Wentz looked like he had the goods based on his highlights but if the Eagles had looked closer, or even read his pre-draft thread they would have heard that he has serious accuracy issues.

What I had a problem with was the high rounds drafts they gave up to get him and then extending his contract after a serious injury when they didn't have to do it at the time.  

Moral of the story, keep your damn draft picks, that's your future and don't back up the Brinks truck for a player coming off of a serious injury until you're satisfied with what you see on the field.........for instance, the Cowboys will be fools to extend Dak with a huge contract in 2021.

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

No doubt, Wentz looked like he had the goods based on his highlights but if the Eagles had looked closer, or even read his pre-draft thread they would have heard that he has serious accuracy issues.

Who is the Eagles single season completion percentage record holder ??

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Who is the Eagles single season completion percentage record holder ??

He has accuracy issues, PERIOD!!

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

He has accuracy issues, PERIOD!!

2019 he had a higher completion percentage than Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, do they  have accuracy issues ??

2018 he had a higher completion percentage than everyone not named Drew Brees or Kirk Cousins.  Does the rest of the league have accuracy issues ??

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

2019 he had a higher completion percentage than Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, do they  have accuracy issues ??

2018 he had a higher completion percentage than everyone not named Drew Brees or Kirk Cousins.  Does the rest of the league have accuracy issues ??

Gotcha!! Wentz has better accuracy than Rodger, Brady, and Brees.

When all you complete is 7-8 yard passes to Ertz it's easy to pad your numbers.

You have problems opening your eyes and believing what you see, I don't.  

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What are you trying to do here? Carson can't pass the eye test.  He's clearly behind our 2nd round throwing RB in the pecking order.  Please stop proving otherwise. It's messing up the mojo around here.

57 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I don't have a problem drafting someone from say Mississippi Valley State if you think he has the goods to succeed.

What I had a problem with was the high rounds drafts they gave up to get him and then extending his contract after a serious injury when they didn't have to do it at the time.  

Moral of the story, keep your damn draft picks, that's your future and don't back up the Brinks truck for a player coming off of a serious injury until you're satisfied with what you see on the field.........for instance, the Cowboys will be fools to extend Dak with a huge contract in 2021.

The problem with Wentz doesn't appear to be skill. its more mental. If he works at it he could be great. but it doesn't seem like he wants to do that. 

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I am with you. Hurts is a better QB at this point. But those people who condemn Wentz as an entirely useless at this point may be surprised. Wentz and Reich had a very deep connection. Reich provided a lot of assurances and guidance behind the scenes in hiring of the Siri. I suspect that he may give more than a few pointers to Nick on how to restore Wentz. It may be . or not be possible..but the plan is there in place. This is why Siri got the Job...that and the gigantic financial commitment by the Eagles. It is up to Wentz at this point to be coached and get back to 2017.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The "whole team” doesn’t need to figure out when the play is dead to simply throw it away the quarterback does. Wake up and realize that’s on Wentz. I do find I ironic how you went on a rant on how Rodgers lost another championship game, but when it come to Wentz”ITS DA WHOLE TEAM!” Whatever fits your narrative huh bud? 😂🤣😂

Like always, the point of the post you refer to went right over your head. None of these guys are perfect. I saw all the "best" QBs make mistakes in the biggest games of the year so far. The best "teams" still won. You just refuse to accept that football is a team sport. 

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Like always, the point of the post you refer to went right over your head. None of these guys are perfect. I saw all the "best" QBs make mistakes in the biggest games of the year so far. The best "teams" still won. You just refuse to accept that football is a team sport. 

Your point is irrelevant. This all was in reference to Brady having the common sense to simply throw the ball away when the play wasn’t there, and how the Wentz apologists think that is somehow impossible for the Ginger one to do. Once again you glossed over that and made it about something else. You are the one who is lost here bud. 

34 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

those people who condemn Wentz as an entirely useless at this point may be surprised. 

I agree, Josh Allen fixed his accuracy issues, so can Wentz.

I did find it rather strange that Allen didn't throw the ball well in the playoffs but I'm not surprised.

It also sounds like Wentz has issues with interpersonal skills and maturity, he needs to understand that everyone else doesn't exist to make him happy, children think like that.

I wish him the best whether he's in Philadelphia or elsewhere, he's a good kid that just needs to grow up.

29 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Your point is irrelevant. This all was in reference to Brady having the common sense to simply throw the ball away when the play wasn’t there, and how the Wentz apologists think that is somehow impossible for the Ginger one to do. Once again you glossed over that and made it about something else. You are the one who is lost here bud. 

Is that what those were? 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/24/tom-brady-is-now-3-1-when-throwing-three-interceptions-in-a-playoff-game/

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

🥱 Wake me up when your buddy gets at least ONE full quarter of a playoff game in before you try and get me to dig too deep in your lame attempt to trash a guy who’s been to the SB ten times. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Wentz is sooo screwed if he stays in Philly, he is now under even more pressure to perform at a high level with Pederson's exit.. LOL I can see Wentz not getting a single night's sleep, if he is wearing midnight green in 2021...... LOL :roll:

This guy is so mentally weak. Do fans even want him back? I dont!

He is acting like he was the starting QB for a superbowl winning team...

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

Short passes lead to higher completion percentage. In 2018 he was 23rd in yards per completion (11.0 YPC). In 2019 he was 30th in yards per completion (10.4 ypc). If you can sit there and honestly say that Wentz doesn’t have accuracy issues then you’re delusional. 

Not to mention all his throws are in the middle of the field to Ertz, which tend to be easier throws than passes outside the hashes. 

12 minutes ago, nipples said:

Short passes lead to higher completion percentage. In 2018 he was 23rd in yards per completion (11.0 YPC). In 2019 he was 30th in yards per completion (10.4 ypc).

Got a link to those stats ??

Found it.  Yards per completion also figures in Yards after catch.  

Top 5 in yards per completion in 2018, Fitzpatrick, Mahommes, Goff, Mullens and Rivers.  

Goff was #1 in 2019.

That stat tells you more about receivers yards after catch than it does about QB accuracy.

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Got a link to those stats ??

Found it.  Yards per completion also figures in Yards after catch.  

Top 5 in yards per completion in 2018, Fitzpatrick, Mahommes, Goff, Mullens and Rivers.  

Goff was #1 in 2019.

That stat tells you more about receivers yards after catch than it does about QB accuracy.

Yeah, because accuracy has nothing to do with yards after catch... 

But ok that doesn’t do it for you then look at air yards per completion. Ranked 19th in 2019, 18th in 2018. So again, shorter passes equal higher completion percentage. 

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah, because accuracy has nothing to do with yards after catch... 

But ok that doesn’t do it for you then look at air yards per completion. Ranked 19th in 2019, 18th in 2018. So again, shorter passes equal higher completion percentage. 

2019, Aaron Rodgers air yards per completion is 5.6, just behind Carson Wentz 5.8.  Why is his completion percentage 2 points lower than Carson if he was completing shorter passes ??

2018, the following QB's have a lower air yards per completion than Wentz, why don't they have a higher completion percentage ??  

Brady, Alex Smith, Dak Prescott, Eli Manning, Derek Carr, Big Ben, Matthew Stafford.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Short passes lead to higher completion percentage. In 2018 he was 23rd in yards per completion (11.0 YPC). In 2019 he was 30th in yards per completion (10.4 ypc). If you can sit there and honestly say that Wentz doesn’t have accuracy issues then you’re delusional. 

Not to mention all his throws are in the middle of the field to Ertz, which tend to be easier throws than passes outside the hashes. 

Stats don't tell the whole picture. Don't forget in 2019, he had no (talented) skill position players to throw to other than the TEs. So you would expect a lower YPC as the team was playing with 4/5th string WRs and Ertz/Goddert were the only ones that could get open.

4 minutes ago, kentwo said:

Stats don't tell the whole picture. Don't forget in 2019, he had no (talented) skill position players to throw to other than the TEs. So you would expect a lower YPC as the team was playing with 4/5th string WRs and Ertz/Goddert were the only ones that could get open.

You’re right, stats don’t tell the whole story. That’s why the high completion percentage is misleading. 

Archived