Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You are a bum!! 

Sorry to break it to you, but I’m an Eagles fan first. I don’t care if it’s Carson, Hurts, Sudfeld, or QB to be named later. Whoever the Eagles win with I’m behind period. This sacred cow crap is nonsense. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sorry to break it to you, but I’m an Eagles fan first. I don’t care if it’s Carson, Hurts, Sudfeld, or QB to be named later. Whoever the Eagles win with I’m behind period. This sacred cow crap is nonsense. 

I was messing with you man. Come on lol you and I have been going back and forth for years now. Get with it lol

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Completely agree, as I've stated many times this year he deserved to be benched. I have also said that I refuse to believe he is this bad, that is why I wish they benched him sooner so they can go back to him and see if he got his head out of his ass.

Now we have to wait a whole off season to see if he learned anything from being benched and willing to get himself back on track. 

I still like carson and I want him here but, I think the firing of Pederson may have enabled him even further and I'm not sure he can be salvaged here. I'm hoping so, because the eagles are not just going to give up on him, so get behind him getting better or sit there and be miserable about it. 

I want him here, too.  However, I think that he is gone and I do not blame him.  I think it comes down to a blend of his struggles in Doug's offense, the poor drafting performance and relationships in the FO, and the overwhelming negativity from Philly media and many fans.  

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The overall point is Doug has been deemed the number one problem here. Reich actually won the super bowl (according to some) and Doug was just a bystander so now they have the next best thing to Reich. Let’s see it all play out now.

Determined by you, I guess.  Most everyone else recognizes that many issues are flaring up throughout the whole organization.  Doug and the FO being on different pages is just one thing of many.

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I want him here, too.  However, I think that he is gone and I do not blame him.  I think it comes down to a blend of his struggles in Doug's offense, the poor drafting performance and relationships in the FO, and the overwhelming negativity from Philly media and many fans.  

The negativity is exhausting as a fan. I can only imagine how it is for a star player in this city. Never understood being proud of chasing players out because they should be able to tolerate being treated like absolute sheet. That's not just a Carson thing that is all players that play in Philly. 

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The negativity is exhausting as a fan. I can only imagine how it is for a star player in this city. Never understood being proud of chasing players out because they should be able to tolerate being treated like absolute sheet. That's not just a Carson thing that is all players that play in Philly. 

Right.  For some reason, it seems like a badge of honor to just engage negative warfare in Philly.  Once its determined that someone doesn't fit whatever weird set of parameters are involved, the attack is on.  Its just part of the sports culture here. It is getting worse, too.

19 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Determined by you, I guess.  Most everyone else recognizes that many issues are flaring up throughout the whole organization.  Doug and the FO being on different pages is just one thing of many.

Not determined by me at all. Bottom line is the excuse is gone. Let’s see what happens. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Not determined by me at all. Bottom line is the excuse is gone. Let’s see what happens. 

One excuse is gone.  It only fits the negative Philly perspective to not recognize the multitude of issues here.  From Carson's poor performance to Howie's crap drafting to cap issues to injuries and roster age, there are plenty of issues that needs fixed.  Doug leaving far from removes allow the reasons for poor performance.

What I find funny here is people are acting like something is new here. They literally booed the drafting of McNabb, but suddenly things are negative? 🤦🏾‍♂️ Frankly people have ripped multiple people in this organization. The vitriol hate on this site aimed at Alshon Jeffery for ASSumed words that have never been confirmed said by him is okay. Why is that? Is it because they are negative comments towards Wentz? It’s funny, because Wentz seems to be the only one that is taboo to talk about even when you bring up facts.... This was a horrible season as a whole. There are a lot of reason why they were bad, but this isn’t California where they dance care about sports or the Midwest where they care more about high school football than college. This is an east coast football team. I’ve been a fan of this team a long time. There is nothing different to how the fans are reacting. The bottom line is winning though. With that being the case McNabb won and people still trashed him. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

One excuse is gone.  It only fits the negative Philly perspective to not recognize the multitude of issues here.  From Carson's poor performance to Howie's crap drafting to cap issues to injuries and roster age, there are plenty of issues that needs fixed.  Doug leaving far from removes allow the reasons for poor performance.

Funny though. Out of all the issues, Doug was probably least of them. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Funny though. Out of all the issues, Doug was probably least of them. 

Maybe.  Maybe not.  It appears that he made the choice to not try to satisfy his employer and thus he is gone. Whether he was #1 or #50 on the list at the end of the season, we do not know.  His decisions post season seem to have pushed him to the #1 position.

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Maybe.  Maybe not.  It appears that he made the choice to not try to satisfy his employer and thus he is gone. Whether he was #1 or #50 on the list at the end of the season, we do not know.  His decisions post season seem to have pushed him to the #1 position.

Well if he’s number one we should see everything return to form. And now they have Reich’s protege (according to some the real reason the Eagles won the Super Bowl and why Carson was good. 🙄) everything should be fine now. After all the Eagles won the Super Bowl with many of the other issues. So please don’t prop up your excuses now. You got what you wanted. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well if he’s number one we should see everything return to form. And now they have Reich’s protege (according to some the real reason the Eagles won the Super Bowl and why Carson was good. 🙄) everything should be fine now. After all the Eagles won the Super Bowl with many of the other issues. So please don’t prop up your excuses now. You got what you wanted. 

LOL.  Your imagination is always on full display.

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

What I find funny here is people are acting like something is new here. They literally booed the drafting of McNabb, but suddenly things are negative?

We know it's nothing new, that's the problem. The crap never ends

39 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Here's was my thing about the excuses, they don't come into play every game or every play.

I've seen games/plays where the OL played well, defense held their own, Doug called a good game, running game firing on all cylinders, and the WR were getting open but Carson still stunk it up.

At that point it's time for a new excuse, "oh, Carson still has effects from his concussion in the playoffs" and the like.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

LOL.  Your imagination is always on full display.

I’m sorry did I imagine Carson didn’t speak to the media at the end of the year and still hasn’t publicly denied he wanted out of Philly? 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We know it's nothing new, that's the problem. The crap never ends

Winning helps. Unless your McNabb. Then Garcia wins one playoff game and everyone calls you the worse. Foles wins the Super Bowl and no ones though...

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Here's was my thing about the excuses, they don't come into play every game or every play.

I've seen games.plays where the OL played well, defense held their own, Doug called a good game, running game firing on all cylinders, and the WR were getting open but Carson still stunk it up.

At that point it's time for a new excuse, "oh, Carson still has effects from his concussion in the playoffs" and the like.

I have saw this excuse too, and it’s funny cause it came from people who said he was playing the very next game if the Eagles won 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m sorry did I imagine Carson didn’t speak to the media at the end of the year and still hasn’t publicly denied he wanted out of Philly? 

You just imagine that its a big deal, which it is not.  

Winning helps. Unless your McNabb. Then Garcia wins one playoff game and everyone calls you the worse. Foles wins the Super Bowl and no ones though...

It's a shame really. Again not just a Carson thing, the players this city picks and chooses to kiss ass with is ridiculous sometimes. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's a shame really. Again not just a Carson thing, the players this city picks and chooses to kiss ass with is ridiculous sometimes. 

I think Wentz deserved all the praise that was heaped on him at the that particular time. I also believe Wentz deserves the criticism that is also been thrown his way right now. Ultimately this idea that coaches make the quarterback is nonsense though. Brady is still Brady regardless. Rodgers didn’t lose an OC and suddenly forgot how to play quarterback. Carson’s woes are on him the player. Now that doesn’t mean there weren’t other issues (injuries, lack of talent, poor drafting and so on) but if you are an elite player then you just are. To act like Carson is absolved from his own poor play is a complete joke. 

6 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You just imagine that its a big deal, which it is not.  

Yeah this is only a 4 win team that just fired their coach. No big deal at all. Carson just played like a bottom five quarterback in the league but every thing is peachy cream....

19 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

His decision post season was to quit, he knew what Lurie wanted and didn’t give it to him for whatever reason.  

Did he shrink the playbook because he didn’t have NFL quality WR’s for most of the season, or did he do it to try to make life easier for Wentz?.., or both?  He should of quit last year when the FO made him fire Groh, after Doug said Groh’s job was safe.   He missed the playoffs 2 out of 5 years and is the only coach in franchise history to win a SB.  
This is the reason the Siri hire is probably good, Lurie doesn’t hire horrible head coaches. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think Wentz deserved all the praise that was heaped on him at the that particular time. I also believe Wentz deserves the criticism that is also been thrown his way right now. Ultimately this idea that coaches make the quarterback is nonsense though. Brady is still Brady regardless. Rodgers didn’t lose an OC and suddenly forgot how to play quarterback. Carson’s woes are on him the player. Now that doesn’t mean there weren’t other issues (injuries, lack of talent, poor drafting and so on) but if you are an elite player then you just are. To act like Carson is absolved from his own poor play is a complete joke. 

I get it, I'm not absolving him at all. Like I said firing Doug may have enabled Wentz even further. This could lead to him thinking that he doesn't need to do anything because obviously he is the one still standing while everyone else got fired. Sends a bad message in my opinion

Ultimately this idea that coaches make the quarterback is nonsense though.

The chicken before the egg question when it comes to QBs is does the QB make the WRs or does the WRs make the QB?

While we know it's some of both I lean towards the WRs make the QB, Dan Marino showed me that, once he lost Duper and Clayton he was nothing more than a JAG.  

I think that may be Carson's best excuse, the Eagles had better select Scary Terry if he's available in round 2.

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I get it, I'm not absolving him at all. Like I said firing Doug may have enabled Wentz even further. This could lead to him thinking that he doesn't need to do anything because obviously he is the one still standing while everyone else got fired. Sends a bad message in my opinion

I did not mean to imply you are stating that, but others clearly have made Doug out as the culprit for Carson’s poor play. The only thing that will cure this is winning and Carson playing well. Now personally I don’t care if he even plays all that well and they do win especially during the season, but if he’s the franchise guy everyone says he is they should be winning because of him at least in most cases. 

Archived