Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tank Bigsby

Featured Replies

Its early September football- pre season for most teams starters. We can't judge anything

properly right now. Like I was pissed that Lemon didn't do sheeeiiit, but when I re-watched

video's- he was WIDE OPEN a LOT. So we gotta let the season breathe and unfold.

11 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

You typed all of this to still be wrong. Impressive

Everything I typed was fact.

If you're talking about the first post, then I guess you'll need more data to prove me wrong. It will be interesting to see if the touches for Bigsby increase when the offensive snaps increase. I suspect they will. There were only 18 carries by RBs in the last game. Barkley had 15 and averaged 1.5 more yards per carry than Bigsby.

I have no idea why people are crying about Bigsby right now. His longest run last year was 29 yards. Barkley has had 10 runs over 40 yards since he's been here. Let's take out the better RB and replace him with the inferior one more often!!!11!

On 9/15/2026 at 9:36 AM, ilikepargo said:

The middle of the OL was the biggest problem on Sunday. More plays for Bigsby wouldn't have changed that.

See what happens this week.

Remember that it was Week #1. You never really know what you have until Weeks 4-6.

100%. Offensive line middle was a total dud. With a Washington rusher in the backfield tackling a RB on almost every play, if would not make any difference who was carrying the ball.Hopefully this week will be a step up for the offense. Looking forward to more productive running game.

  • Author

It’s a shame that Saquon had to get hurt for this thread to ring true. Anyone with common sense knows Tank should split carries with Barkley.

I don’t want to dump on Saquon… And I get the OL issues are going to hurt him… But I definitely feel like Tank should be getting as many reps as Saquon. With the OL struggles his running style is more efficient and I’m not sure Saquon is the same player anymore.

  • Author
29 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don’t want to dump on Saquon… And I get the OL issues are going to hurt him… But I definitely feel like Tank should be getting as many reps as Saquon. With the OL struggles his running style is more efficient and I’m not sure Saquon is the same player anymore.

Look at the first half numbers without Saquon and look at the 3rd quarter when he came back in. I love Saquon, but we need a dual threat backfield. Even Shipley had good runs in the first half.

It’s 10000% on Sirriani for not using his most effective players and not looking at the name on the jersey. I’m sorry Kevin Patullo.

Just now, MagicMoment said:

Look at the first half numbers without Saquon and look at the 3rd quarter when he came back in. I love Saquon, but we need a dual threat backfield. Even Shipley had good runs in the first half.

It’s 10000% on Sirriani for not using his most effective players and not looking at the name on the jersey. I’m sorry Kevin Patullo.

Saquon is still good but yeah he’s not what he was and I think we need to see more Tank. Tank will get a couple of yards after contact and make those hard yards.

5 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

It’s a shame that Saquon had to get hurt for this thread to ring true. Anyone with common sense knows Tank should split carries with Barkley.

Agreed.....I am wondering how we, as fans, can see the obvious but siri can't....the offense moves steadily forward when Tank is getting carries but with Barkley its hits a wall...I didn't want this to be true but we have all seen it....Tank should be splitting reps.....

25 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Agreed.....I am wondering how we, as fans, can see the obvious but siri can't....the offense moves steadily forward when Tank is getting carries but with Barkley its hits a wall...I didn't want this to be true but we have all seen it....Tank should be splitting reps.....

Howie is the Big Kahuna. Maybe he tells Siri who to start and how much PT they get based on draft status and contract size????

4 minutes ago, Eagles1960 said:

Howie is the Big Kahuna. Maybe he tells Siri who to start and how much PT they get based on darat status and contract size????

Yeah I know that but this is just conversing , that's all.....it's not that serious......

Saquan looks cooked. Tank looks like the best RB on the team now. Even Shipley looks better.

10 minutes ago, MR-CYN said:

Saquan looks cooked. Tank looks like the best RB on the team now. Even Shipley looks better.

I HOPE this is not the case....I really do....but no one looking at that game can deny how the run game looked when Tank was given the handoffs vs Saquon....

Not really sure what the issue is....Saquon will run RIGHT INTO the defense whereas Tank is bobbin and weavin in traffic.....

  • Author
55 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I HOPE this is not the case....I really do....but no one looking at that game can deny how the run game looked when Tank was given the handoffs vs Saquon....

Not really sure what the issue is....Saquon will run RIGHT INTO the defense whereas Tank is bobbin and weavin in traffic.....

It was even more apparent last year when Tank averaged almost 6 YPC. I think Barkley is cooked.

A good coach would assess the landscape and make adjustments, Sirriani is incapable of this. It makes me miss the days of Jay Ajayi and LeGarrette Blount.

so far, after 2 games:

Tank: 14-36yards 1TD (2.6 ypc) rushing / 2-5 yards receiving

Saquon: 19-92yards (4.8ypc) rushing / 2-8 yards receiving

Shipley: 9-28yards (3.1ypc) rushing / 3-11 yards receiving

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

so far, after 2 games:

Tank: 14-36yards 1TD (2.6 ypc) rushing / 2-5 yards receiving

Saquon: 19-92yards (4.8ypc) rushing / 2-8 yards receiving

Shipley: 9-28yards (3.1ypc) rushing / 3-11 yards receiving

Your scouting the box scores, as they say in baseball. What do your eyes tell you?

1 hour ago, Eagles1960 said:

Your scouting the box scores, as they say in baseball. What do your eyes tell you?

That there are a lot of delusional people here in this thread.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

That there are a lot of delusional people here in this thread.

That's no answer. What do your eyes tell you watching the games?

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That there are a lot of delusional people here in this thread.

I agree. The people here are the same one's that swore up and down that Koy Detmer, and Kevin Kolb would win superbowls....

There is nothing more comical than Eagles fans pretending they know when a player is good. These people are literally with a straight face saying Shipley looks better than Saquon. Just ridiculous.

Saquon = cooked! Washed! Waahhhhh I get hurt on every play. Waahhh. Waaahh I can’t block a blitz from an LB. But I can do 456 commercials in the off-season. 🦮🏄

Tank is the future of the Eagles running game!! Ship is RB2!

Tank! Ship! Tank & Ship!! Hmmmmm, that’s kind of a catchy stupid sitcom show name.

20 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

It was even more apparent last year when Tank averaged almost 6 YPC. I think Barkley is cooked.

A good coach would assess the landscape and make adjustments, Sirriani is incapable of this. It makes me miss the days of Jay Ajayi and LeGarrette Blount.

Maaannn.....those two?? Can you just imagine those two on THIS team?? My goodness....two bruising running backs....

I love Tank. But he averaged 2.5 yds/carry yesterday.

The O-line is the issue with the running game. Not Saquon.

Jesus some of you can’t help but overreacting and are incapable of perspective and logical thought.

10 hours ago, Eagles1960 said:

That's no answer. What do your eyes tell you watching the games?

Tank is a good inside runner. Barkley is still one of the most explosive RBs in the NFL. Eagles fans are fickle. The O-line is still struggling like they did last year. Tank's longest run this season is 9 yards. Barkley's longest run is 42 yards. If you subtract that 42 yard run from Barkley's total, he's still averaging .3 ypc more than Bigsby.

On top of that, what nobody is discussing is Barkley has fumbled once every 245 touches. Bigsby has fumbled once every 51.3 touches in the NFL. Barkley is a threat as a receiver. Bigsby is not. Neither has impressed me as a blocker since they arrived here.

Like everybody here, I'm rooting for Bigsby when he touches the ball. I just haven't seen one thing that convinces me Bigsby is better than Barkley and can't for the life of me figure out what you guys are seeing to go on and on about after these 1st 2 games.

9 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Tank is a good inside runner. Barkley is still one of the most explosive RBs in the NFL. Eagles fans are fickle. The O-line is still struggling like they did last year. Tank's longest run this season is 9 yards. Barkley's longest run is 42 yards. If you subtract that 42 yard run from Barkley's total, he's still averaging .3 ypc more than Bigsby.

On top of that, what nobody is discussing is Barkley has fumbled once every 245 touches. Bigsby has fumbled once every 51.3 touches in the NFL. Barkley is a threat as a receiver. Bigsby is not. Neither has impressed me as a blocker since they arrived here.

Like everybody here, I'm rooting for Bigsby when he touches the ball. I just haven't seen one thing that convinces me Bigsby is better than Barkley and can't for the life of me figure out what you guys are seeing to go on and on about after these 1st 2 games.

He doesa't need to be better than Barkley. Just a reasonable splitting of carries which helps the team and Barkley. Barkley is not the 2024 Barkley and never will be again and they shouldn't run him as if he is. That doesn't mean he can't be effective. You just don't give him 90% of the carries.

2 minutes ago, Eagles1960 said:

He doesa't need to be better than Barkley. Just a reasonable splitting of carries which helps the team and Barkley. Barkley is not the 2024 Barkley and never will be again and they shouldn't run him as if he is. That doesn't mean he can't be effective. You just don't give him 90% of the carries.

Barkley hasn't changed. Only the blocking has (since 2024).

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.